!!!EPIC WINTER JIG FISHING!!! Catching Giant Bass On Lake Oroville With No Mercy!!!

fastfiat

Re: !!!EPIC WINTER JIG FISHING!!! Catching Giant Bass On Lake Oroville With No Mercy!!!

Post by fastfiat »

Thanks Rattl, great video. Do you ever use braid with floro leader or always straight floro?
WRB

Re: !!!EPIC WINTER JIG FISHING!!! Catching Giant Bass On Lake Oroville With No Mercy!!!

Post by WRB »

When did 2 to 3 lb spots become giant bass? It's was like watching Ike on MLF!
Tom
Caleb.Smith

Post by Caleb.Smith »

WRB wrote:When did 2 to 3 lb spots become giant bass? It's was like watching Ike on MLF!
Tom
Relative to the lake those are giants.
Chad Sweitzer

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

He's right, if you catch 5 2-3lb fish you have a good chance of winning at Oroville. Big fish in the last tournament I fished was 2.86.
Last edited by Chad Sweitzer on Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
WRB

Post by WRB »

Last I looked Oroville record "bass" is 17 lbs, that is a giant in my book. 5 lb spots are caught at Oroville, so I will agree a 5 lb spot qualifies as a big bass for Oroville. 2 to 3 lb spots are decent size bass or good size for Spots and tournament bass, calling them giants is beyond comprehension.
Just another term in bass fishing being misused.
Tom
JakeV77

Post by JakeV77 »

Looks like a great jig bite out there, we’ll done! Keep posting giants
kawakawa

Post by kawakawa »

Nice video, but giants???
104Jim

Post by 104Jim »

Definitely not a epic jig bite I will agree with what Tom said you guys should listen to that man he is probably the most educated men on the subject of bass fishing
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

When making a video like this when you catch a bass in northern ca that are between 2 to 3 lbs they look like normal 2 or 3 lbs bass. But if you catch in sourthern ca its like fishing in texas according to down in southern ca all the bass between 2 and 3 lbs. are call 5 to 7 lbs fish. Those are some nice bass out of oroville nice video.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Rattl-I-Joe

Post by Rattl-I-Joe »

It’s all relative. Lake Oroville is not known for its size, but it’s numbers. Average is 1-1.5. Anything close to or over 2 lb’s is considered giant out here, especially in a tournament situation. When you catch 3 fish over 2lb’s and 1.5’s to go with it in the same day, that is an AWESOME day out here. Thanks everyone that has been watching my channel Bass Union, it has been a lot of fun. Send me a message on social media if anyone is ever out this direction, or that would like to do a collab. Thanks!
Pat

Post by Pat »

Thanks for sharing, nice video and some good fish, especially for Oroville. Gotta love a jig this time of year.

Pat
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

If i could come back up to oroville again and fish like we did about three years ago. We caught fish in last part of oct. The bite was good for us but i would take spots or largemouth all day long if they were that size fish coming out of there. Again nice video you have to love jig fishing nomatter what time of year it is.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

You Guys are always putting out great content on a lake that gets under appreciated. For me Orroville is either solid keepers 2-3lbers or a dink fest. Its great seeing how others attack this pond for those solid fish as I am stuck to two places to catch them and believe they don't live anywhere else. Nevermind the trash talk, keep up the great work and content! Fish On!
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
JL

Post by JL »

First off! Great video! Thank you. Second Tom IS most likely besides Gary D, and the missed Coochmeister a VERY good and informative bass fisherman! That said, a picture is worth a THOUSAND words! I appreciated the honesty in your video! Would love to see that on a boat that just put 30 plus lbs in the boat on game day! Yeah right! Anyway, keep up the great work and Fish On!
WRB

Post by WRB »

Thank you for sharing your vedio very entertaining and well produced.
No trash talk intended, just reacting to the title. Gaint bass are very rare fish that I have pursued a lifetime catching.
Merry Christmas,
Peace
Tom