Fantasy football...Draft

Sports talk forum
JimmyReese

Fantasy football...Draft

Post by JimmyReese »

Ok Cooch that has to be the Sorriest team I have ever heard of! :lol: :lol:

Coach Madden screwed up your 1st pick! ( if you are supersticious) EA SPORTS.....He is a stud though!

Jamal Anderson?.....does he still play in the nfl?..... :lol:

Moss and davis saved your team , still to only to be an avg. 500 team...

Stallworth .....we'll have to wait and see... he was traded last night to the canadian football league I beleive,.....actually to philly....That probably saved your team right there!...

I would rather have L. Johnson or P. manning with the 1st pick. L. Tomlinson is strong as well, but Rivers is going to have to connect 60% of the time for him to be successful.....

So who would you guys pick #1 and why?

F!$# ON

JIMMY REESE
Cooch

Re: Fantasy football...Draft

Post by Cooch »

My bad! LOL Typo, should have read Jamal "Lewis", course, with that hip injury, he's only bout as good as J. Anderson right now HAR!HAR!HAR! Davis is hurtin too, long term I'll git by. 12 man team, I'll fair better than .500. I'm a crafty waivier wire GM, and not afraid to drop and add every week. The only thing "sorry" about my team, is you don't have it! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

My picking Shawn Alexander number one was simple for me. In our 12 team league, there is a premium on running backs. In the 14 years I've played on this league, with our scoring system, no team has ever drafted a QB #1. Even in the hey days of Montana, Young and Farve. They have gone number 2 and 3, but never has a team that drafted a QB that high, every won our league either. There's always gonna be plenty of servicable QBs. If I take P.Manning #1, I don't git to pick another player until 22 players have been taken( We pick 1-12, then reverse 12- 1 in rotating rounds) All of which are the premium RB and stud WR. We start 2 RB & 3 WR each week, So I spend my first 5 picks filling those two positions. Only thing that'll change my tactics is if guys start taking QB's early and then start grabbing back ups, then I'll spend a top 5 on a QB. I actually got E. Manning in the 5th, simply because he was still there. Sometimes ya just can not pass up a player with that high a rating in the 5th round. Picks 2,3, & 4 all whined as Eli was to be their next pick! Shoot, I just think it shocked everyone as they had missed Eli to that point! HAHAHAHA!

It was a lot easier when we wuz an 8-10 team league! I can't complain, in a 12 team league, I got 4 of the top 30 fantasy RBs, the #5 rated QB, 3 top 30 WRs and a top 5 TE! And my 18th ghost pick was Martin RB in NY and on the PUP list and may likely not play, but he could rehab and rebound on another team later in the year when I might need a fresh RB most!

Barring injury, Shawn is in a system where he'll be able to duplicate last season. Seattle is going to move the football, both in the air and on the ground, and SA is gonna be a HUGE part of all that again barring injury. LT is great, I just don't believe he's got the talent around him that is going to allow him to be as good from a fantasy standpoint as the past two years. This is the year I believe LJ gits hurt, he's gonna be the focal point in KC, but he's a runner and not as versatile as his predicessor P.Holmes or Alexander.

Yup, I'm liken' that Stallworth trade, but kickin my but fer not taking Horn, his value just sky rocketed with Breeze going there to NO. This is always one of the reason's we waited till the week just before opening day, lotta trades and decision take place that can wreck a teams projection when drafting two weeks in advance. No, I ain't supersticious, I carry a bannana in my boat daily! :lol:

Game on Baby, it's Football season!
Robchik

Post by Robchik »

Depends on what type of league. If you are in a more traditional league, probably LJ or Alexander. Though LJ's O-Line is having issues, Willie Roaf retiring HURTS. Alexander losing Hutchinson hurts too. Despite that I still think they are 1 and 1a.

Here's my situation. I'm in a league that is a little more QB friendly. With the #2 pick I'm caught between drafting Peyton Manning, who if healthy, will score the most fantasy points by far and go with 2 mediocre RB's or draft LJ or Alexander and go with a lesser RB & QB.
JimmyReese

Post by JimmyReese »

BANANAS FOREVER! YEAHHHHH!

GATOR IS THIS THE RIGHT FORUM FOR THIS? :wink:
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Shaun Alexander #1
Marvin Harison #2
Randy Moss #3
Carolina D #4
Jamal Lewis #5
The rest of my team are scrubs
(Jake the snake) QB
g-man

Post by g-man »

rudy johnson, t. brady, a. bouldin, t. genn, r. bush, c. taylor, NE def., vinatieri, j. walker. just to name a few of my guys. they always look good on paper. god i love fantasy football!
Marty

Post by Marty »

My Grandson and I are doing Fantasy Football as a team this year – our team is called “GP and The Kidâ€
JimmyReese

Post by JimmyReese »

With the 3rd pick of this yers draft, team"bassmasters" picks .....S Alexander rb seattle seahawks.

I have to blame this one on cooch!

Our 1st pick was LJ 2nd pick was p manning, almost took tomlinson, and decided seattle would be on tv more this year so I could watch my guy! #4 was LT 35 was C Palmer, then e james ,s jackson,t barber,r johnson,then the 1st wr at #10 s smith

The rest of the mod squad

14 mcgeehee
19 fitzgerald
30 shockey
35 h ward
46 delhomes
51 caralina d
62 s moss
67 d rhodes

a green,k curtis,a brooks,j feely,kasay,chiefs d,d clark,

This is our 15th season with the same 8 guys from high school! of course now we dont have to read the paper monday am. to see our stats... Did they have espn 15 years ago? :lol:

Go Raiders!