Find the Fish...

Moderators: Triton Mike, Doug Vahrenberg

Doug Vahrenberg

Find the Fish...

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

Let's see how many fish we can find in this image...

Use the Letter and Numbers to indentify the square...like you do with a map.

This image was taken from a 797c2 on the Trolling Motor.

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Doug Vahrenberg

Re: Find the Fish...

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

It's tough not being there in person but it helps you start looking in your image to see what Humminbird is telling you about what's under the surface.

ImageImage

This was a narrow shallow chute that I was fishing on the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway. You can easily see the grass on the points to the right and left sides and there are some scattered clumps. Lots of wood. This was a Cypress slough and the cypress knees and scattered grass clumps can often be confused for fish. ANother thing the depth is very shallow water. The last scanning was 3.7 foot and the water dropped to this depth on the top. The chute was in the 1 foot range about a 1/3 of the water column is displayed. THis makes it sometimes a little tougher to distinguish fish since they do not cast shadows easily like suspended fish. The easiest way for me is to see the shadows from each log, stick, cypress knee either casts a long shadow because they are taller versus the little white dots which are barely emerging knees. I caught a quick limit here each day and the fish replenished because it had current flow through this narrow shallow gap. Side Imaging helped me locate which side of the points to concentrate.

Hope this helps.

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson