Fishing Oroville Lake 09/18/2018

Tom Gronwall

Fishing Oroville Lake 09/18/2018

Post by Tom Gronwall »

Launched about 6 am at Lime Saddle, funny, watch stopped, ended up back at the ramp at 10:30 am. Good old sun clock still works. Bite was a lot tougher today for some reason. About all I could catch were one, or two fish per location, fishing about 8-10 different locations for a total of 11 fish today. Funny, think I caught the same large mouth again, but not, it's different. Best fish right at 14", all the rest basic 13-13 1/2" and no dinks. Water cooling, mostly 71 degree range. Water level now 925.08, 13 feet left before Lime saddle closes, about 2 more weeks.
GOPR0406.JPG
GOPR0407.JPG
Kennortonjr

Re: Fishing Oroville Lake 09/18/2018

Post by Kennortonjr »

Have you noticed a difference in the numbers of largemouth you catch, in the years you have been fishing the lake?

What are your plans for when the lake goes below the launch ramp? I saw last year you launched from the Oroville side, do you ever fish the afterbay?

I saw a news interview where the lime saddle manager atleast mentioned a hope of trying to get ramp extended. Not sure how realistic that is though. Sure would be nice!
Tom Gronwall

Re: Fishing Oroville Lake 09/18/2018

Post by Tom Gronwall »

Yes, seems to be catching more LM this year then years prior, have probably landed 4-5 this year, lost 2 during acrobatics, most past years 1-2 at best per year. Number have been increasing.

Will be heading to Bidwell when the Lime Saddle ramp closes. Have fished the afterbay a few times a couple years ago, but found it not as productive.

Think the terrain below the existing ramp is a real issue to extend the ramp, don't think the state would spend the money.