Help for Friday,11/28 ?

TonyL

Help for Friday,11/28 ?

Post by TonyL »

Hello all my 14 yr old son and I haven't been on the water for 3months !!! Looks like e Fri is our day ! :lol: :lol: :lol: Heard blackies are slow , gonna target stripers for the first time.We've made notes of all the recent posts,has anything changed ? Also sounds like from whiskey all the way up ta San Joaquin shows some promise , I dont have a problem runnin from one to the other if necessary runnin/gunnin,where would one suggest we start/launch to start ?Any help appreciate as you can imagine my son is doubtful at this point,as you can imagine comin from a young teen. :( One fish will turn him around and get him in the game !
Any help appreciated,thks in advance ! Tony
~ Tony
RichThiel

Re: Help for Friday,11/28 ?

Post by RichThiel »

Your going to have an incom'in tide (the way it looks without check'in, look'in out the window). Russo's or Hollands Marina and make a loop with the tide.

Good luck

Rich Thiel
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
TonyL

Post by TonyL »

Awesome !Thanks Mr. Thiel,I'll post results here ta keep this great source going ! :lol:
~ Tony
Wipn_bass24_7

Post by Wipn_bass24_7 »

we went on monday and launched outta hollands. MANDERVILLE is where you want to go. We ran around and that is where we caught 100% of the fish. biggest was 10 or 12 pounds with a lot of 5-6 lb stripers outside of the timber. Fished inside the timber and had a largemouth bite. Friend caught a 6.5 lb. largemouth so they in there 2.

Also, tell us how you do for friday. THANKS
fishnfreak

Post by fishnfreak »

Hello,
When you say the outside of the timber, does that mean the submerged trees inside the area?? Or is this something outside the submerged island itself?? Heading down for 3 days on Monday. Looking forward to getting into the strippers........
TonyL

Post by TonyL »

Hello all,I promised a report,but this will have ta be the stuff u DONT DO! :lol: Ha,Ha! Had ta work Fri. :cry: ,so didn't get out till Sat.I'm pleased ta say not only my regular fishin partner (14 yr old son) but my Lil Girl (11 yr) also came out ! Plans also changed a little as we followed some friends out ta Disco 1st..Launched outta Orowood @ 530 a.m. ( wanted ta be ta the back of Disco by 600am.
FOG was a major player in getting there in the dark took a while.Anyway no boils,birds ta mention not even a bite-topwater spooks,pencil p's, small swimbaits,mission,basstrix-w/spinner and not rattle traps , spinners-NADA.Friends also drifted bait fish -nada.
Headed out up toward Mandeville-FOG.FOG.FOG.Spent more time stopping at points along the way,fishin what looked good,waiting out the fog ,couldn't get ta Mande teill 1245p,spent 1hr in there -same,kid restless-had ta go.On the upsiude,while I was on these points working with my daughter out t=into the deeper current,my son was not lettin go of the large mouth for 1 day-he wprked the other side of the boat-tullies,weedlines-caught 2 -5lb largies-1 boated !!Also my daughter loved the out-door nature-critters in and out of the water,scenery(when she wasn't in her sleeping bag of course)! :lol: :lol: :lol: She ain't hooked yet ,but we'll get her ! Read the post on the disco crappie ! we're gonna dedicate the this weekend to her and getting her on some of them hopefully! Thanks for the input guys! Tony
~ Tony