Invasive species inspection issue has this ever happened to you?

Jason Borofka

Invasive species inspection issue has this ever happened to you?

Post by Jason Borofka »

I recently made a trip to Lake Nacimiento for a night turkey shoot tournament. I pulled up to the invasive species inspection booth and proceeded to go through the inspection process. I was asked where my boat was last and I told him Kelly Lake Watsonville. They typed my CF numbers into their computer system which runs state-wide. I apperently was flagged and put on a watch list because my boat had recently launched on Lake Castaic. I said I have never been to Lake Castaic in my life there has to be a mistake. I can only imagine they automatically assume that I'm lying because I told him I was on a different Lake. I can go on and on about it but needless to say it wasn't a very good outcome. I was told I was not allowed to launch at Lake Nacimiento and I would have to come back after the watch was removed from the computer system. After a few phone calls the next day, they are looking into it and it should hopefully be resolved soon. I have spoken with Castaic Lake they have no record of me going there and it was a mistake on their part. So for all you Western Bass guys, I'm curious to know if this has ever happened to you or have you ever heard of this happening to anybody else? Once this is resolved I'll keep you all posted.

Jason
rico

Re: Invasive species inspection issue has this ever happened to you?

Post by rico »

It looks like someone transposed a CF number when they entered it into the Casitas database. Hope they can straighten this out for you
Jason Borofka

Post by Jason Borofka »

Yes it looks as if they put the wrong CF numbers in. Castaic is currently working on the issue they are said they are putting information into the system that says I have never been on Castaic Reservoir. Hopefully that works but looking forward hopefully this muscle inspection program doesn't affect anyone else. Could you imagine if you were going to a tournament or a weekend trip with the family and this happened to you and your told you can't launch just because someone accidentally put a CF number in wrong at another lake. I hope they find a way to prevent this from happening again.
SpookFreak

Post by SpookFreak »

I did not know Castaic was on a watch list.
They are still tagging boats!
Jason Borofka

Post by Jason Borofka »

I'm guessing because Castaic is already infested https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Conservatio ... festations
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Thanks for sharing your story Jason. Good for all of us to know. Could be anyone of us - anytime.