Jimmy Houston turned 74 | 20 Questions with the Fishing Legend

WB Staff

Jimmy Houston turned 74 | 20 Questions with the Fishing Legend

Post by WB Staff »

Q&A WITH THE FISH KISSER: Jimmy Houston turns 74
Jimmy Houston turned 74  20 Questions with the Fishing Legend.jpg
Jimmy Houston's trademark is kissing a fish. He's been kissing fish on television for more than 40 years. [PHOTO PROVIDED BY PAT TURNER]

Oklahoma's Jimmy Houston, the world's most well-known angler, turned 74 on Friday. He hasn't slowed down. He is still fishing and hunting, filming television shows and greeting fans at outdoor shows and store openings around the country.

Houston, who now lives on a his ranch in Murray County, took time from his busy schedule to answers some questions from The Oklahoman.

What is the biggest bass you ever caught? When, where and what did you catch it on?

Houston: Biggest bass so far is 13 pounds, 1 ounce caught at Lake Hannabanilla, Cuba. Caught it on a Cordell Boy Howdy topwater fishing with (my wife) Chris while filming a TV show.

What question do you asked the most often from fans?

The one I just answered.

If you could only fish one kind of lure in a bass tournament, what would it be? (You can pick one for each season — spring, summer, fall, winter — if you like.)

In the spring, it would definitely be a Jimmy Houston spinnerbait. Could be jig depending on the type of lake. Summer would be a Shakey Head of some sort. Fall would be a topwater and the winter would be a jig. I am a pretty old fashioned fisherman.
Read the rest: https://newsok.com/article/5602093/qa-w ... ar-as-ever