joice island season long apps must read!

scott h

joice island season long apps must read!

Post by scott h »

For those of you that havent heard joice island has been closed for the season. If you put in your nine applicatins and spent the money you just got ripped off. They as of friday novenber 10th 2006 the area maneger for grizzly has declared an emergency closure for the 2006-07 season. The emergency? the levees have not been repaired from the floods last year. Since they have not even started to repair the levees im not understanding how they could take our money then declare an emergency knowing full well the levees would never be finished in time. I spoke to the dfg employee that does the drawings for the reservations and he to felt we ( the hunters) have been ripped off. He then proceeded to tell me that they have been waiting for approval on a grant to fund the work and still havent recieved approval. With that bieng said even if they got the grant approved three months ago the work still would not be done. so basically they knew all along that it wouldnt open but still put it on the app took our money and then proceeded to hide behind the emergency closure claus which is written on the application. It seems to me that they should have been honest from the beginning and declared it closed ,and not even having it on the app till next year. I expressed my thoughts to them and if you spent your hard earned money you should to. I think they should hear from every one who applied and at least give us 9 other shots at another refuge. dfg license and revinue branch sacramento 916-928-5805.
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
scott h

DAMN !

Post by scott h »

I know im not the only one who put in for joice, where is every one at? Maybe im the only one mad about getting shafted out of $11.25!!!!! Alright then think about it this way, If 3,000 put in for joice for all nine shoot days then the dfg just pocketed $ 4750.00. Just does not seem rite. If any of the duck hunters on this forum put in for joice and your not even a little ticked please let me know I will gladly accept donations towards flw series entrie fees!! lol :lol:
scott h

Re: joice island season long apps must read!

Post by scott h »

Well I guess something is better than nothing today on the dfg website for drawing results they turned around the emergency closure and made it a reduced quoata to 5. I hope the series of phone calls and at least a few hours on the phone(verizon is lovin me now!) the dfg has decided to throw us a bone I can live with a reduced quoata thaat otta make the hunting smokin for the lucky few that get that resi!! good luck to every one who applied, I could use a little to! lol
Kentuck

This was the best way to not have to refund our money! *NM*

Post by Kentuck »

*NM*