Josh Parris …looking to capture an elusive “Triple Crown”

AnglersPress

Josh Parris …looking to capture an elusive “Triple Crown”

Post by AnglersPress »

There is no denying that FPT veteran angler Josh Parris has above average talent.

In fact, this member the RB Bass Fishing group of anglers, exudes a quiet confidence that is surely borne from a very successful run in FPT competition that has been nothing short of remarkable, as he has enjoyed numerous wins and top finishes, and has earned both Navionics Cup and AOY titles in both the central and northern regions of the Future Pro Tour Trail.

But remarkable as his career has been, this San Andreas resident hopes to accomplish just one more thing before he graduates from FPT competition this year, and that is to be the first angler in the FPT’s 16-year history to capture the tour’s “Triple Crown” of honors: the Coors Light Angler of the Year, Navionics Cup Angler of the Year, and the Future Pro Tour Classic Championship titles.

“It’s been a long journey, and I’ve learned a lot on this tour, while having a ton of fun”, commented Josh as he looks ahead to this weekend’s Future Pro Tour Classic Championship being held in a 3-day FLW style elimination format on New Melones (Day Fri & Sat), and Lake Camanche (Sunday).

“This particular event lines up perfect for our style of fishing, and I feel extremely confident on both bodies of water. What is required now, is for me and my team partner Nate Boomhower, to control our “big game gitters”, focus, and do what we know we are capable of, to take the Classic title back home to the central valley”, he added.

And Josh is in good company, as the list of Future Pro Tour champions - that have graduated onto pro-level competition after attempting to capture the FPT’s “Triple Crown” is indeed an impressive one, with anglers such as Shane Peirson (2x Bass Pro Shops champion), Austin Wilson (FLW “Living the Dream” winner), and back-to-back Classic/boat winners Ryan Habenicht and Greg Thornton topping a short list of accomplished FPT graduates.

But as Josh turns in his final “Swan Song” performance at this weekend’s classic event, there is one thing you can count on… he won’t be looking behind him, only straight ahead, as this young man's talents are many, his future is bright, and for him...the sky is truly the limit.

Good luck Josh!.... and good luck to ALL Coors Light FPT Classic qualifiers!

Angler’s Press Outdoors

Josh Parris just received his guiding license, and in addition to competing in higher level competition in 2019, can now provide expert guide instruction for those wishing to build their bass fishing skills. To contact him and schedule a trip call: 209.217.7368

Josh..with a fistful of New Melones largemouths