Kimbo is fighting Ken Shamrock...

Sports talk forum
TEAMDEADMONEY

Kimbo is fighting Ken Shamrock...

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

in October. What a joke...

I still say that a 44 year old Shamrock will make Kimbo tap.

But they need to put Kimbo in the ring with someone in his prime. Kimbo will fold like a card table...

OR.....hey how about Kimbo -V- Broc Lesner.... Now that is appealing....

Pete 8)
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
sTony

Re: Kimbo is fighting Ken Shamrock...

Post by sTony »

I guess I'm just wondering who really WANTS to see a fight like this? A washed up has been versus a hopeless never was. Granted Shamrock is a Hall of Famer but he's way on the down side of his career. And Kimbo, well, ain't got nothing good to say about him inside a ring or out.

Maybe a Kimbo Slice Vs. Sean Gannon fight would draw.. oh, wait a second; been there done that.

sTony
some guy

Post by some guy »

It's quite simple really.. Fighting is a business. Businesses try to turn a profit. Kimbo's bcakyard fights got so much exposure on youtube that somebody in marketing thought it would be a good way to try and get that demographic into the sport. Its all about filling seats and creating buzz. You guys are here on a fishing website talking about it so score one point for the marketing team for creating a buzz.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
sTony

Post by sTony »

I'm not 'buzzed' at all and don't watch these promotions when they come on and definitely won't give this fight the time of day. Crappy match ups like this will make MMA a joke if it continues. CBS might find it entertaining but I doubt that most MMA fans find it either entertaining or good for the sport.

I watched the Kimbo/Gannon thing on the internet. It was a fight where Kimbo's 'handlers' wanted no MMA type of holds used at all. They stipulated before the fight that there was to be no ground work and the like. Now folks are supposed to buy into this guy as an MMA attraction?

Funny thing was they said they wanted strictly street fighting rules. In my youth I was in enough 'street fights' to know that there aren't any rules. What they wanted was a boxer's brawl, just big heavy shots to the head. That's pretty much all this Kimbo guy can do until he runs out of gas. That ain't gonna fly in a true MMA environment.

sTony
some guy

Post by some guy »

That fight was in the beginning of 2006.. he wasnt an MMA fighter then and he really isnt one now, but he is being trained by Bas Rutten. I doubt he would attach his name to a joke. The man knows what he is doing and hopefully will shape him into a great fighter. He must have saw something in his ability to stick with him. What is ruining MMA is the milion different circuits popping up everywhere, everyone is trying to cash in and make a buck. Much like our fishing industry. The true MMA fans know who the greats are and know who to watch. The rest are just bandwagoners who will be gone in a few months anyways.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
sTony

Post by sTony »

I doubt even Rutten can transform this guy into a real MMA fighter. Gotta keep in mind we're talking about a guy who's in his mid 30's already.

Agreed on all the add on circuits out there but wouldn't you agree that EliteXC is one of them?

So far he's done battle with a bunch of nobody's and he's not likely to face anyone serious ever from what I can see. Bo Cantrell (10-11 with four consecutive losses before losing to kimbo), Tank Abbott (9-14 with eight losses in his previous nine fights), James Thompson (14-9 with four losses in his last six fights) and now Ken Shamrock (26-13-2 with seven losses in his last eight fights).

Not what anyone would call an impressive list of fighters by any means.

sTony

And Rutten attaches his name to anything that might make him a buck.
sean alarid

Post by sean alarid »

LMFAO!!!! :lol:
Thats all I have to say.... :roll:
Bobby D's custom baits
http://www.piranha.com/
http://www.snagproof.com/
http://blackdogbaits.com/
http://www.swimbaitcity.com/
biteme

Post by biteme »

This Kimbo thing is funny. Someone is just trying to make a buck. The buck is going to stop when they put this guy in with some real MMA guys. I didnt even know who the hell that last guy he fought was. If it wouldnt have been for dudes ear he would have beat Kimbo. This crap is bad for the sport.
Mark Pollard

Post by Mark Pollard »

Screw Kimbo Slice, I'll Kick his ***....... :roll:
Mark Pollard
Coldwell Banker Vinson Chase
www.Teampollard.net For Central Valley Real Estate...
www.gfmarine.com for Nitro, and Skeeter Bass Boats...
www.savephace.com
www.teampollardfishing.com
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Kimbo sucks plain and simple. EliteXC is in big trouble if Kimbo is what they are banking on. Most fans are already sick of him fighting guys with no chance what so ever. James Thompson was supposed to be fodder for Kimbo and he almost blew that one. A lot of people think that Kimbo actually tapped out in that fight, but the ref didn't see it, and I'm not talking about the thumbs up he gave.

Ken Shamrock is not only way past his prime, but even his so called submission skills haven't been seen in ages. When was the last time Ken took anyone down? What does Shamrock do in every fight? He stands with everyone. He was knocked out with a damn jab by Robert Berry in his last fight. He is so done, it's not even funny. If he won, Kimbo would be the biggest joke in all of MMA if he's not already.
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

There is one decent fight on the Oct 4th card that was just added. Andrei Arlovski is fighting Roy Nelson, the IFL champ. While it still may be a slaughter, it's far more competitive than Kimbo vs Shamrock. And of course Gina Carano is always good to look at. :D