Kistler or St. Croix ?

JeffR

Kistler or St. Croix ?

Post by JeffR »

I am looking to buy a 7ft. MH multi purpose rod. I have been doing some internet research and have narrowed down to Kistler and St. Croix. I am going to leave the rest up to you nutcases. Your opinion on either brand would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff
skeeterman

Re: Kistler or St. Croix ?

Post by skeeterman »

I barrowed a freind of mine Kistler, its a nice rod its very light and sensetive. My next flippen rod I buy will be a Kistler.
Gary Estes

Post by Gary Estes »

> I am looking to buy a 7ft. MH multi purpose
> rod. I have been doing some internet
> research and have narrowed down to Kistler
> and St. Croix. I am going to leave the rest
> up to you nutcases. Your opinion on either
> brand would be appreciated. Thanks.

> Jeff
I have used both rods and sold both rods.Depending on which rod you go with they are comparable in price.However I feel you get alot more bang for the buck with St.Croix.St.Croix rods are typically lighter,faster,more sensitive and more manageable than Kistler.Plus St.Croix truely stands behind there product.If you would like to compare them,or just ask some more questions.Give me a call or come on in to the store.

Thanks,Gary Estes
Extreme Angler
925-679-3115
SABP

I have used both.

Post by SABP »

And when it came down to it I thought the Kistler rods were better. The Helium series rods are incredible. You will not be disapointed with the Helium Kistler.
Justin

Post by Justin »

Jeff,

If you are looking for a dependable, long lasting, good sensitivity, best backed warranty rod, then you have to go with the st.croix. I would go with the AC70MF 8-17. Or you could go with the AC70MHF 10-20. Both great rods at a very reasonable price. Also with that, if you break the rod, they will replace it for you with out giving you the third degree like some companies do and also there is a 10 day turn around on your rod. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me....

Justin Steelman
St. Croix Pro Staff

> I am looking to buy a 7ft. MH multi purpose
> rod. I have been doing some internet
> research and have narrowed down to Kistler
> and St. Croix. I am going to leave the rest
> up to you nutcases. Your opinion on either
> brand would be appreciated. Thanks.

> Jeff
Mark Langner

I have the...

Post by Mark Langner »

St Croix 7' Medium Heavy Fast for Pitching/Flipping and general work, and the 7' Medium Heave Extra Fast for Senkos (or football jigs in the lakes)...truly awesome rods, I'm convinced they have actually helped me get more fish in the boat, just wish I could afford to get one more of each !!!
Dave T.

I have several....

Post by Dave T. »

of the Kistlers. They are great rods, BUT if you break one, you can just throw it in the trash and write it off. Others manufacturers will replace it no questions asked except for a small replacement fee. If St Croix can do that then you should go there. (Hear that Kistler?)

> St Croix 7' Medium Heavy Fast for
> Pitching/Flipping and general work, and the
> 7' Medium Heave Extra Fast for Senkos (or
> football jigs in the lakes)...truly awesome
> rods, I'm convinced they have actually
> helped me get more fish in the boat, just
> wish I could afford to get one more of each
> !!!
Dan R

Post by Dan R »

What is the difference between the Legend Tournament and the Avid Series?
Justin

Post by Justin »

WWell i am sure that you know there is a price difference. The tournament rods are going to run you from 200.00-250.00 and the avid series rods will run you from 140.00-180.00. They are both great rods to have and they both come with a life time warranty. Your tournament series rods are made for a specific application, whether it be dropshotting, carolina rig, pitchin, etc. The tournament rod is built out of SCIV graphite blanks and offer the ART and IPC technology. the avid series rods are made from SCIII technology and has the Alconite guide concept system.

Like I said, both are great rods, you can't go wrong with either one, and the warranty on both are the best that you can get from a rod manufacture. If you are looking for more information then this, let me know and i will help you out any way that i can....

Justin Steelman
St. Croix Prostaff

> What is the difference between the Legend
> Tournament and the Avid Series?
SABP

Kistler Warranty In Writing

Post by SABP »

Kistler Warranty

Kistler Rods guarantees that you will be completely satisfied with your purchase. When your order arrives, inspect it carefully. If you are not completely satisfied, return any unused item within 10 days for exchange or refund. Please include a copy of sales receipt for proper credit. Shipping charges incurred due to the return of merchandise are the responsibility of the customer.

Kistler rods are individually inspected to insure that the highest quality of standards is exceeded. Should a problem occur with your rod during the first 90 days of fishing due to defects in materials or workmanship, the rod will be repaired or replaced Hassle Free at no charge except for the return shipping cost.

Most warranty failures occur during the first few uses as a result of defective materials or workmanship. If you have a problem after the 90 days yet less than one year of fishing, Kistler Rods will offer you a No Hassle replacement for only $35.00. Blank failure after extensive use is usually caused by outside influences such as damaging bumps and nicks as well as over compounding the natural bend of the rod blank. All of the rods carry a limited lifetime warranty. This warranty applies to the original full price purchaser only. Rods that are repairable will be done so at a no charge except the return freight charges.

This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the rod only and does not cover consequential or incidental damages, which Kistler Custom Fishing Rods shall not be held liable for. This warranty is not intended to cover accidental breakage.

To process a warranty effectively, please send the rod to our warranty department along with your receipt. Include your full name, full shipping and mailing address and a daytime phone number. Also, include a check or money order for $15.00 to cover return postage and the $35.00 to cover your deductible. These items will help to expedite your warranty service with a one week turnaround.

Send to: Kistler Rods Warranty Department
30603Beyette Rd.
Magnolia, TX77355
ExtremeAngler

St. Croix !

Post by ExtremeAngler »

Jeff,
I have used both brands in the past and have nothing against Kistler but I have never ever ever been disapointed in any St.Croix I have ever bought. In my opinion they are the best for the money. I currently own two premier (the entery level line if you will) and Two Legend Tournament (the second to the most expensive toped by the Legend Elite) They are awesome super light, sensitive, durable and best thing is they are cost efficent. I highly suggest you check them out. If you happen to live in the east bay or dont mind a drive check out Extreme Angler in Oakley they have the best line up of St.Croix I have seen. Call Gary (Owner of E.A.) at 925 679 3115

Tom Atkeson (AKA NORTH*CAL*TOM)
Staff Extreme Angler.
Jeff Lenz

Re: St. Croix ! vs kistler

Post by Jeff Lenz »

I own 1 kistler helium and 2 st croix avids,the kistler is a 2004 model when they used rogue blanks built in usa.I like the kistler but they fell behind the times with the guide placement the ST croix uses the fuji concept guides system,plus the lower profile fly guides.a 6'6' rod should have 9 guides plus tip not 7 like the kistler.the st croix avid is the best bang for the buck,the heliums were just hype,my shikari s are more sensitive.
ryan Pearson

ST. Croix

Post by ryan Pearson »

I own 6..in two grades, the premier(for rippin and spooks) I like those rods becasue they have great back bone but a soft tip...and I own some avids for Jigs, and dartheaded worms..and also their fliipin stick the 7'10'' H action one...All their rods are awesome, Bill Townsend was nice enough to let me handle a few of his rods in the elite series those rods are second to none, they are bar none the best rod out there!!! You wont be sorry if you go with ST. Croix...Ryan
Brad Wellman

Helium for me

Post by Brad Wellman »

Kistler helium rods have a little softer action and the 7'MH is as good an all around rod as I have held in my hand. The feel of that rod in your hand is awesome. Fished a buddies whole line of St. Croix and for me there is no contest. And yes I was fishing the croix legend elites. When it comes to spinning rods now we can start talkin St. croix.
Just my thoughts
Good Luck
Brad Wellman
DaveT.

Sorry, let me be more clear..

Post by DaveT. »

Sure, Kistler has a great warranty that is beyond most in the retail industry, but, I could break my Loomis 5 years down the road by purposely slamming it in the rod locker and they would replace it no questions asked except for a $45 replacement fee. I've sent the same rod back 3 times, every time my fault (those 8 footers are a bitch to handle).

> Kistler Warranty

> Kistler Rods guarantees that you will be
> completely satisfied with your purchase.
> When your order arrives, inspect it
> carefully. If you are not completely
> satisfied, return any unused item within 10
> days for exchange or refund. Please include
> a copy of sales receipt for proper credit.
> Shipping charges incurred due to the return
> of merchandise are the responsibility of the
> customer.

> Kistler rods are individually inspected to
> insure that the highest quality of standards
> is exceeded. Should a problem occur with
> your rod during the first 90 days of fishing
> due to defects in materials or workmanship,
> the rod will be repaired or replaced Hassle
> Free at no charge except for the return
> shipping cost.

> Most warranty failures occur during the
> first few uses as a result of defective
> materials or workmanship. If you have a
> problem after the 90 days yet less than one
> year of fishing, Kistler Rods will offer you
> a No Hassle replacement for only $35.00.
> Blank failure after extensive use is usually
> caused by outside influences such as
> damaging bumps and nicks as well as over
> compounding the natural bend of the rod
> blank. All of the rods carry a limited
> lifetime warranty. This warranty applies to
> the original full price purchaser only. Rods
> that are repairable will be done so at a no
> charge except the return freight charges.

> This warranty is limited to the repair or
> replacement of the rod only and does not
> cover consequential or incidental damages,
> which Kistler Custom Fishing Rods shall not
> be held liable for. This warranty is not
> intended to cover accidental breakage.

> To process a warranty effectively, please
> send the rod to our warranty department
> along with your receipt. Include your full
> name, full shipping and mailing address and
> a daytime phone number. Also, include a
> check or money order for $15.00 to cover
> return postage and the $35.00 to cover your
> deductible. These items will help to
> expedite your warranty service with a one
> week turnaround.

> Send to: Kistler Rods Warranty Department
> 30603Beyette Rd.