Lake Berryessa “New No Wake Zone"

WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

From Napa County Sheriff's Dept
Please note, BOR has relocated the No Wake buoys at Lake Berryessa. The new No Wake Zone stretches from the point of Spanish Flat to the point of Steel Canyon. Therefore, the entire area from Spanish Flat, Capell Cove, Willys Cove, Steele Canyon and everything between are included in the new No Wake Zone.
175149198_10159884021117216_8650329221261580990_n.jpg
zdbm2004

Re: Lake Berryessa “New No Wake Zone"

Post by zdbm2004 »

Was there yesterday and was the first time I saw it but did hear this was for real. It’s a real joke I tell you. I didn’t hit the course in time but it’s just over a mile. It’s longer then the no wake in Markley i think. It will keep the lake lice (jet skis) and the ski boats from staying in there going round and round when they’ve got a big a$$ lake to do it in. Haven’t heard a reason why though. Ive seen the lake much lower with this not in existence. Fishing was good though but see I need to invest in a bow set up. Too many carp in the lake.
zmyers
senkoboy

Post by senkoboy »

I was there all week camping back in Steel. The water is low but you are still able to leave your boat in the water a few hundred yards from your campsite. The Sheriff was out on Sat and writing tickets all day so tread lightly on the 10 min drive out now.

Just a quick rant... A bass boat pulled into my spot Sat morning when I was out fishing and decided he needed my Spike and 20ft dock line I left on shore next to some matts I put down more then I do. I had to use my anchor to tie off to shore after that and of course it the wind blew 100mpg on sat night and pulled the anchor to the waters edge and allowed my boat to clang around the shore. I don't want to wish too much ill will on people but if my spike came loose and poked a hole in the new owners boat I would not be sad.

Tip of the day. Own 2 spikes.

Cheers,

al
I think therefore I fish.
Kolt45

Post by Kolt45 »

zdbm2004 wrote:Was there yesterday and was the first time I saw it but did hear this was for real. It’s a real joke I tell you. I didn’t hit the course in time but it’s just over a mile. It’s longer then the no wake in Markley i think. It will keep the lake lice (jet skis) and the ski boats from staying in there going round and round when they’ve got a big a$$ lake to do it in. Haven’t heard a reason why though. Ive seen the lake much lower with this not in existence. Fishing was good though but see I need to invest in a bow set up. Too many carp in the lake.
100% Joke, and money maker for Napa County. Good for them, they made their first quota for numbers of tickets written. Was on the lake Sunday, and they boarded my boat thinking they were going to make $$ from me--NOPE! Have your licenses ready. They are checking everything from livewells to safety gear. The buoy implementation is solely for making money--PERIOD. Watch your back "BUOYS"!! LMAO :lol:
LetMeSleepLol

Post by LetMeSleepLol »

What all do they check for on your boat? I got a boater's safety card, throw cushion, air horn and fire extinguisher. What else do they require? Thanks for the heads up