Loomis completly changes their xpedite warranty service

Swimbait Wannabe

Loomis completly changes their xpedite warranty service

Post by Swimbait Wannabe »

Wow, read the email from Loomis today with the changes that are already in place (4 days warning on fax), took effect 8/1/10

No longer $50 now $100
No more fed ex shipping, standard
ONETIME warranty per rod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They only cover in production rods now, no discontinued models or blanks
No upgrades upon return to factory.

I know business is business but this is crazy. Piss off you best customers yet still offer lifetime on all the other Shimano rods down to $14.99! SO next time a guy comes in do I tell him it is now the most expensive warranty in the biz and it is a "onetime" deal? That $60 for Dobyns sure looks nice now! I know Shimano owns Loomis with this action they are taking away some of the mystique of the rods! Why not serial number them and track them, maybe buy a lifetime replacement policy when you buy one? $100 to return a $200-$300 dollar rod? That will leave a bitter taste in many mouths!
bantam1

Re: Loomis completly changes their xpedite warranty service

Post by bantam1 »

Xpeditor is not warranty. Xpeditor is a service that we offer. This is often confused so I will clarify what Xpeditor is.

Xpeditor is a service that can be used should a rod break outside of normal warranty parameters. The cost increase is after 10 years of not changing the price. I agree it is a big jump. However, it should have been raised slowly years ago. As you can imagine the cost of manufacturing the rods and shipping the rods has increased in the past 10 years. We have changed the cost to compensate for these increased costs. $100 to replace a rod that you shut in the rod locker is still cheaper than paying full retail for a replacement rod.

Blanks were never included under the Xpeditor service. The Xpeditor is now only offered for current rod models. Discontinued models can be sent in for warranty evaluation. The Xpeditor is also a one time per rod service.

Warranty still covers most of our rods. There were a few that were 1-2 year warranty. These rods have been out of production for many years now. You can send the rod in for warranty evaluation should the rod fail under normal fishing conditions. The rod will be either repaired or replaced if the rod has indeed failed due to manufacturer defects. Misuse or obvious damage to the rod outside these parameters will be handled case by case.
Swimbait Wannabe

Post by Swimbait Wannabe »

I am fully aware of what the expo service is and isn't. It was just one of my favorite selling points, it closed many a rod sale. "don't worry sir for $50 they will fed ex you a new rod and you'll be back in action in a few days no questions asked", I understand that there is still the normal warranty that applies, still a very good one. It is just that I won't be able to say what I used to, gave many people a good piece of mind. Yes the price should have gone up over the years, but it didn't. Should have maybe tried grandfathering older rods into the $50 range. I am sure that people will try to use the service for the first time and be in for a rude awakening. How will that guy that dropped $300 plus on a loomis feel when he walks into a store and sees a guy swap a Clarus over the counter and have to pay a hundred to do the same? I know it is business, I hope the best for Loomis, love the rods, just seems like this will turn away more that it helps.
bassrippin365

Post by bassrippin365 »

I'll stick with my ST.Croix rods.Ship them the rod and they ship you a new one back.Simple as that.I never agreed with having to send them $50.00 dollars and now its $100.00 and one time replacement.No Thank you.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

$100 to replace a rod that was broken in your car door is still less than buying a new rod. No matter how you look at it the cost is still less than a new rod.

Shimano rods are not covered if they are broken outside of normal fishing conditions.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

come on swimbait, you can't compare a Clarus rod to a Loomis, or even Cumara for that matter. Shimano rods, and Gloomis rod are two seperate entities. $100 for a no questions asked replacement is still quite a deal. Perhaps they should have just eliminated expeditor? Maybe then all this griping would be justified? MAYBE?

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
programgeeks

Post by programgeeks »

Don't know about others here but I love my Cumaras!

I switched over to Cumaras because of the qaulity, foam handle / split grips and over-the-counter warranty but kept several Loomis rods due to Loomis awesome quality and their best "warranty" in the business, but mostly due to the "warranty" as a lot of companies now also make quality rods. I figured if I accidently broke a Loomis, I'm out 50 bucks. This is reassuring.

At $100 it's no longer appealing. Don't get me wrong the Xpeditor program is still a great program but it's no longer one of the strengths of the G-Loomis brand, at least for me it's not.
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

100% jump is a steep jump. But i won't mind paying 100 bucks for a broken glx. most of my loomis' are glx's and I am careful with them. If I had to use the expedite on them I don't think I would mind even for a c-note.
sgvangler

Post by sgvangler »

programgeeks wrote:Don't know about others here but I love my Cumaras!

I switched over to Cumaras because of the qaulity, foam handle / split grips and over-the-counter warranty but kept several Loomis rods due to Loomis awesome quality and their best "warranty" in the business, but mostly due to the "warranty" as a lot of companies now also make quality rods. I figured if I accidently broke a Loomis, I'm out 50 bucks. This is reassuring.

At $100 it's no longer appealing. Don't get me wrong the Xpeditor program is still a great program but it's no longer one of the strengths of the G-Loomis brand, at least for me it's not.
I watched a guy walk into a tackle shop yesterday with a broken tip on his GLX. He was ready to give $50 to the shop owner to send it in. When he was informed of the change, he ended up walking out with 2 new phenix rods after hearing their warranty. The GLX was not even repaired.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

The customer can end the rod in for warranty evalaution if the tip broke under normal conditions. Even a $100 is still less than the cost of those two rods he bought.
Rob

Post by Rob »

The problem with the normal warranty program was the Xpeditor was cheaper than shipping in for inspection, waiting for repair or replacement and then shipped back to you. It was truly a service in that you called or filled out online, they sent the rod and shipment papers for return of broken rod. Much more efficient process for a "non" in store warranty. Why would Shimano do this, and let the Shimano rod warranty be superior? If it's due to the cost of the new NRX rods then why not exclude them or have the new policy apply.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

The change was needed to cover our costs. Shipping has not gotten cheaper in the past 10 years, neither have the cardboard tubes we ship the rods in. Labor has not gone down. Rod components have not gone down either. This is why we had to raise the prices.
cib11b

Post by cib11b »

bantam1 wrote:The change was needed to cover our costs. Shipping has not gotten cheaper in the past 10 years, neither have the cardboard tubes we ship the rods in. Labor has not gone down. Rod components have not gone down either. This is why we had to raise the prices.
So G Loomis must be the only one "hurting" with these prices going up. All other rod companys are STILL cheaper for the replacement. This is stupid and I will no longer purchase G Loomis because of this.. STUPID business move. :roll:
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

I have a hunch that other companies will follow our lead. They have to be in the same situation or they have a much larger mark up on the rods.
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

anyone with a broken loomis rod doesnt want to pay that extra $100 buck, give me the rod i will..... :D
***GODZILLA AFTER MILFS!!...(MOMMAS I LIKE TO FISH)....***
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

There is still the lifetime warranty on the rods. The Xpeditor was created for rods that are broken outside of warranty parameters. $100 is still cheaper than buying a new rod.
cib11b

Post by cib11b »

bantam1 wrote:There is still the lifetime warranty on the rods. The Xpeditor was created for rods that are broken outside of warranty parameters. $100 is still cheaper than buying a new rod.
Still not cheaper than $50. Or even $40 like other companies. I doubt they will jump up %100 like Loomis.

Shimano stops giving extra spools but still charges the same price.. now they give you the same service but increase the price by %100.
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

Everything has gone up in cost over the past 10 years since the service was introduced. We came to a choice. Either raise the fees or eliminate the program. We decided to raise the fee. We were losing money on every order. We still lose now, its just not a monetary vacuum like it was.
VJ

Post by VJ »

Yea this was very disappointing i Loved Loomis and was Loyal but in the worst economy they pull this. Having money to fish tourneys is hard enough. Fishing tournaments and having a rod break sucks it was very convenient to expedite for $50 but $100 that is 1/4th the cost or more than the dam rod. I well continue to keep the GLX's i have but it really will be tough to go out there and buy another one.
VJ

Post by VJ »

Yea this was very disappointing i Loved Loomis and was Loyal but in the worst economy they pull this. Having money to fish tourneys is hard enough. Fishing tournaments and having a rod break sucks it was very convenient to expedite for $50 but $100 that is 1/4th the cost or more than the dam rod. I well continue to keep the GLX's i have but it really will be tough to go out there and buy another one.
VJ

Post by VJ »

VJ

Post by VJ »

BassTramp

Post by BassTramp »

My only comment is I will no longer buy new Gloomis rod’s I currently own 36 Loomis rods most are GLX’s. I went to buy two NRX’s with my bonus, hoping to work with the local tackle shop to upgrade when I was informed about these changes. The xpedite service was the number one reason I bought my rod’s when on the road with “no proof of purchaseâ€
Kiss and Release
VJ

Post by VJ »

Hey Just want to say G Loomis is Still Good Company. I Broke my rod (Flippen Stick) and sent it in as warranty item. Within 5 days i was contacted by G Loomis and sent out another Rod without question, great service and surprisingly fast. Just Want to say i will still buy more G Loomis Rods. Thanks
Nutechlures.com
RB BASS FISHING
trophybaits.com
genesistinting.com
bcdolne123

Post by bcdolne123 »

Here may be a solution to the G. Loomis warranty woes. Just though I would pass this along. May prove to be a "get out of jail free card" to a few of you. Hope this helps.

http://www.americanlegacyfishing.com/gl ... y-program/

Tight Lines!