Lowrance elite vs Humminbird mega si+ advice please

Rippinlipz_510

Lowrance elite vs Humminbird mega si+ advice please

Post by Rippinlipz_510 »

Hey all,

Just looking to be pointed in the right direction. I recently picked up a Lowrance Elite 9 TI gen 1 from Basspro for $600 comes with totalscan transducer but I just can't shake off getting a Helix mega si+ 9 g3n which unfortunately retails for $1400.

I'm currently running a Helix 7 SI g2 at the bow and a Helix 7 SI g2n at the console, will be moving the g2n up to the bow. I also picked up a ultrex ipilot (non link) if that matters on input. I know as far as $ savings it's a no brainer to stick with the Elite 9 but that helix is sexy. Is it worth spending the extra $ and reach for the Helix? any advice is appreciated!

I know this is a Lowrance forum so apologies for hijacking with a bird question.

Thank you
unravels

Re: Lowrance elite vs Humminbird mega si+ advice please

Post by unravels »

I bought a elite 9 ti from bass pro last year. Moved from a 5 inch hummingbird. It seemed like the elite 9 was about same size as 7 helix. It just fit in the space I had with the largest screen that would fit. The hummingbird was just wider.

The touch screen difference cannot be understated. Makes life a lot easier. The easy customization is nice too.

Also the automatic map updates and community edits are awesome. Has built in WiFi. The bass pro package last year came with both a cmap and navionics too.

I liked the lake master maps better at first, but now that I am getting used to navionics, feels like Chevy Vs Ford. Both good.

The transducer for the lowrance is massive compared to the hummingbird, I don’t like that, it doesn’t have a breakaway like the hummingbird either.

For that amount of money difference keep the lowrance. You can buy a lot of other stuff for the difference. Or get 2 of the lowrance, front and console.

Really just depends on your budget and what you want. I don’t regret the lowrance.
Rippinlipz_510

Post by Rippinlipz_510 »

Thanks for the input, I ended up biting the bullet and returning the Lowrance to get the Humminbird. I couldn't get the monkey off my back :D
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

I've been running 12' Helixs on my new boat and wont ever go back. I've run Lowrances all my life and have nothing bad to say about them...all good units. The Helix units just have superior clarity and all my buddies run Lowrances and when they see the difference they all comment that they need to change. The 2 most noticeable differences is the detail in the mapping is night and day and the structure scan detail. Hope this helps.
Hitman

Fish Hard Films