Lowrance help

Moderator: Ken Sauret

mike1936

Lowrance help

Post by mike1936 »

Does anyone on this forum know where I might be able to get my hds10 repaired. The buttons freeze up and I can’t navigate thru it. Thx
DanIsaac

Re: Lowrance help

Post by DanIsaac »

I believe those are no longer being serviced
but call Lowrance to be sure. Common issue.
Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
okazaco

Post by okazaco »

I just had two Gen 2 (10 & 8) fail within a week of each other earlier this month. Both are still being supported by the 800 number staff. Wait times on the support number are incredibly long, but the call back function is nice when it works - unfortunately twice i didn't get a call back and had to get back in to the queue.

Their product upgrade program for units less than 5 years old is, in theory, a nice option to have available with units of this vintage. My HDS8 Gen 2 failed and is being upgraded to a HDS9 Gen 2 for $550, if it ever gets here. So far the projected delivery date is 4/30, more than 3 weeks since the tech received my defective unit and we agreed on the upgrade - VERY FRUSTRATING and inconvenient in the middle of spring.
Ranger 520 / Yamaha HPDI
Wellcraft V20 / Evinrude XP
Farallon 27 / 7.4L Crusader
mike1936

Post by mike1936 »

Lowrance customer service is pathetic. Won’t repair anything. Just wanna sell you anew unit for a slightly lower price. I had lowrance for years but might have to switch back to hummingbird if I have to spend a bunch of money. Nowadays everything is thrown out for new stuff. I’m sure each of us have different views I just prefer lowrance but now I’m not sure