Lynne......I have a couple questions....

Pete Marino

Lynne......I have a couple questions....

Post by Pete Marino »

Did you see me question regarding the Inland Empire region?? I thought CJ was going to be taking over that region. How come we've been eliminated from the schedule?? I know that other orgs are still gonna be there..why not NBW? The anglers that fished that region for NBW were a pretty tight knit group of anglers that love to fish Perris.

Also, Are we going to still have 2 full days of fishing at Havasu?

And Is the boat going to be given away to the winner of the tournament?

And as far as next year...you mentioned the championship is at Lake Mead. (which I personally think is a horrible idea) Because I hate Mead. But is it going to be a two day event? And is that venue set in stone?? Why not just have it at Havasu??
WON has their year end event at Havasu and its a great event regardless of the homefield advantage.
Plain and SIMPLE Havasu is a FAR BETTER fishery than Mead...hands down. Maybe NBW should have a vote and let the anglers decide??? I guarantee Havasu would be the choice of the majority or the anglers. Havasu offers more to the anglers than Mead can even fathom. LargeMouth, SmallMouth, lake, river backwaters,reactions, frogs, flipping, worming, jigs, Habitat fishing..etc...Havasu has it all. To keep us off the lake because there will be a region there is not a good enough reason. We need to be there.

Will you at least consider an Angler vote and let us decide where we get to fish our championship event?? I'd guess that 85-90% of the anglers would rather be at Havasu to end the year than at Mead where mother nature often dictates the quality of the bite AND the safety of the Anglers.

What do you think??

8) Pete 8)
Ray L.

Re: Lynne......I have a couple questions....

Post by Ray L. »

Hey Pete it is about time someone else besides me asks some questions about N.B.W. or A.I.M. OR WHATEVER IT IS GOING TO BECOME.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

That would be Anglers in Action Ray.
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
Pete Marino

these are legit questions....

Post by Pete Marino »

that I need answers to so I can make the decision on what to fish next year because where the fish off is will make a difference to not just me but alot of other teams out there.
Also I want to know exactly what is going on with THIS YEARS fish off so there are no surprises when we get there. I've heard alot of rumors from alot of different people and I tired of it. So I figured Lynne will be able to clear everything up for me.

8) Pete 8)
Schneider Fishing

Poll the Anglers

Post by Schneider Fishing »

Lynne, I agree with Pete. I have fished team championships at Mead and at havasu and I'd much rather fish at Havasu.
Robert Schneider
My wife is my real sponsor

www.PhenixBaits.com
jrbasspro

Post by jrbasspro »

havasu is the way to go!
listen to that gut feeling!!!

"keep it clean and dry"
MCSPIN

Post by MCSPIN »

Havasu for me.
Don't forget your MCSPINS
A good bait for all seasons
Remember Clean & Dry
www.Linexwest.com
www.Anglersmarine.com
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=basssssman&search=Search
http://www.myspace.com/mcspinns
Pete Marino

Lynne can you please respond when you have a minute.*NM*

Post by Pete Marino »

*NM*
Topwater Terry

Hey Pete take it easy

Post by Topwater Terry »

it's been 12 hours since your initial post, she might not have a minute yet! I can tell you, by looking at all the schedules for 2007, only one organization (the one you guys bash the most) has a series of tournaments at Perris, seven total, one other group has two, and that's it! I saw a lot of great work at the jamboree, directors working intently with one another in order to avoid conflicts, which aint easy to do. I can't imagine what it would be like if we voted for tournament sites! What a hell of a mess! I'll make you a deal, come up and fish the fed. this year, you'll get to hang out with Ray and Ron C. and that Angels fan DL. The best part is that the fish off will be at Castaic, we might even step up from burgers to tri tip for the BBQ!
Terry
Lynne

Post by Lynne »

Good morning, Pete

I will try to answer all of your questions, so that you can feel assured on what National Bass West is going to offer at the Havasu Classic (fish-off) and what National Bass West is going to have next season.

Regarding the Lake Perris region.

I will be back in touch with you on this issue. I will check into this more and come up with a solution since we do appreciate the support and the anglers that fished that region. As for CJ, I do believe that he has some exciting tournaments planned with John (although I have not spoken with him regarding a directorship at Lake Perris.)

Last year we had an average of:

---------------------TEAMS--------------------# OF-------------------SEASON
---------------------------------------------TOURNAMENTS-------- PAY OUT

Colorado River-----------14-----------------------6----------------$11,814
----(Fisher’s Landing only) Next season we will add Lake Havasu also
Diamond Valley--------------46-------------------5----------------$46,181
Inland Empire----------------20--------------------6--------------$22,384
San Diego---------------------50--------------------7--------------$71,295
Southwest (Castaic/Casitas)—40--------------7---------------$53,206

As a good example of next years guaranteed payback is our Lake Hodges open tournament we just had. With 25 teams, the total payback was $8,790. With more teams the options will be more, thus the payback more. Every tournament will have a barbecued lunch following the tournament.

At our 2007 fish-off we will once again be giving away a rigged Skeeter Boat.

Regarding the Havasu Classic this year 2006:

We will be having a 2 day event.
Saturday, Sept 30th and Sunday, October 1, 2006

Schedule: Check in will be Friday, September 29th
in the Havasu Room from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (at the Ramada Inn)

Mandatory meeting in the Havasu room (in the Ramada Inn) on Friday night, Sept. 29th at 6:00 p.m. for rules, announcements, questions and award ceremony for anglers of the year. As an added bonus, if you stay at the Ramada Inn and stay at least two nights, you will be put into a drawing. If your name is called you will get those 2 nights for free!

Host Marina: Windsor Beach State Park
5 minutes from the Ramada.

Tournament hours:
Sept. 30th safe light to 3:00 p.m. Saturday
Oct 1st, safe light to 2:30 p.m. Sunday
Awards Ceremony immediately following at Windsor Beach

Other Info:
• There is no entry fee.
• There will be a mandatory $10 insurance fee
• $140 in options will be available.
• There is no pre fish off limits for this event.
• Lake off limits areas will be announced at the rules meeting

2006 HAVASU CLASSIC PAYOUT

A new rigged ZX 190 Skeeter boat with a Yamaha 150 hpdi and motorguide digital trolling motor 82 lbs donated by AIM Marine will be given away (taken home from the tournament) to the winning team of our 2006 Havasu Classic. In addition, National Bass West will be paying out a cash pool of $7,500 in addition to the 100% options payout.

Regarding next year fish-off (2007).

The location and date will be announced soon. Mike and I would like to have the fish-off at Lake Havasu since it gives us an excuse to go to our home there, however is it fair to give home field advantage to the guys that live and fish all of the time at Havasu? We will get back in touch with you on this issue.

Any further questions are greatly appreciated.

Best to you,

Lynne
Schneider Fishing

Lynne

Post by Schneider Fishing »

Looks like you get fewer teams at Colorado River (Havasu) than at Perris. Maybe Colorado is the region to drop. There will always be a homefield advantage even at Mead or DVL. How many teams do you invite? Maybe some year you could have it at DVL.
Robert Schneider
My wife is my real sponsor

www.PhenixBaits.com
Gerryjig

Thanks Lynne.........

Post by Gerryjig »

for clearing up my own similar Q's on this subject.....it sounds great and now that we know what's going on, DB and I will be at this years fish-off, thanks for the heads up, can't wait!
Gerryjig OUT!
Lynne

Re: Thanks Lynne.........

Post by Lynne »

we look forward to seeing you there and having some fun. I will mark on my list that you have rsvp'd. thank you

Lynne
Ray L.

Re: Thanks Lynne.........

Post by Ray L. »

Thanks A whole bunch Lynne for taking time to clear this up for a lot of us.
Well done and look forward to fishing the 2006 Havasu Classic.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
Pete Marino

Thank You Lynne........

Post by Pete Marino »

For clearing some of that stuff up.
About the Perris region...I'd really like to see you guys continue it. I know DV is only a couple miles further down the road (it has nothing to do with that) its just that alot of guys INCLUDING myself love to fish that lake, even now while the water is down. Its the lake I started on and I just like to fish it. If anybody says that the lake isnt any good anymore or that it doesnt have quality or a quanity of fish in it...then they are probably the guys that just go out and donate so it doesnt matter what lake they are on.. Though the water is down, the fall and winter bite at Perris was AWESOME this year and the weights were above last years weights when the water was up across the board from what I remember. Or very close to it. It would be nice to see you guys have that region.

Now about this years fish off...I cant wait!!!! Its gonna be a blast as always.
NOTE to Gerry- stay home....I'm winning this bad boy... :D :wink:
At least I'm gonna give it my best and have a hell of a time trying.
On second thought...please do come out and bring some "bugs" with you. I have to get in on that action this year. :D

As far as next year Lynne...I'd really like to see you guys step up and have a vote between Mead and Havasu. As I said before I think the vast majority of the anglers rather go to Havasu than to Mead. Havasu offers so much more that it doesnt even compare. I think I speak for ALOT of people when I say...PLEASE CONSIDER IT!!!
DV would not be a good choice because of the motor restrictions ...I think it needs to be a desert lake. Namely Havasu...have I mentioned that. :D 8) 8)

Also Terry...just so you know...I do not bash the ABA so your statement about that is false. The reason I didnt fish the ABA this year is because they have a one day fish off at Mead and I dont like that idea. If they were having their fish off at Havasu this year like NBW and WON I would have fished their circuit. I just totally prefer Havasu....its cheaper to stay there, the hotels are close to the launch site, the fishing is better, the weather doesnt make the conditions dangerous compared to Mead, Havasu offers more types of fishing, more fish, both smallmouth and Largemouth, its just better..PERIOD! I fished ABA for 5 years but I simply got tired of Mead and really started liking Havasu so I made the change. I have nothing against ABA, nor Plotts, nor Moffit.
So please dont say I bash them because I dont agree with their choice of fish off locations.
As far as fishing the Fed next year.....I've thought about it, but, the first time someone other than Guy or Carissa has control of my boat while I'm in it with no say so...will be NEVER. I'd never be at the back of my own boat with someone I dont know calling the shots and running the trolling motor. The burger thing sounds good though. :D

8) Pete 8)
Rick G

You know Pete

Post by Rick G »

There are other lakes other than the desert lakes. How about Naci, or Don Pedro where nobody has a advantage. The Delta is only 1 hour farther drive than Havasu. A/Choice has the right formula in the south qualifiers go up to Clear lake. As for Perris, ABA has a full schedule next year and WON has a split Perris/DVL region. Wish somebody would do a different fishoff. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
GOODCHOICES

HAVASU IS THE REASON

Post by GOODCHOICES »

for much of the success National Bass has enjoyed. The anglers loved it and we were glad we chose your circuit.
Last year at the TOC the Friday night meeting lasted 25 minutes. My partner and I could not believe it was over in sure a timely manner and covered everything. We were thrilled with NBW and now you want to change it up and go to Mead?
Mr. & Mrs. Peterson...have you ever heard; If it ain't broke don't fix it! You'd better think hard on this one because once you lose us we probably won't be back.
Topwater Terry

Hey Pete

Post by Topwater Terry »

I didn't say you, I said you guys....not directly you Pete. It's just because ABA gets hammered more on this site than any other group. Either way, get on up here some time for the burgers, and keep me posted on when they get that Bass Pro built down by Guys place, my buddy called me from the one in Vegas and said it was pretty bitchen. He was getting me some streamers that I'm going to use on the fly rod next week to hammer the stripers at Castaic!
Terry
hippie

Re: Thank You Lynne........

Post by hippie »

, Pete relax My vote LAKE POWELL TOC, theirs small mouth there
Pete Marino

Hippie.......

Post by Pete Marino »

swamp donkeys dont get to vote. :lol:

8) Pete 8)
Pete Marino

Terry........ Also.. Rick Grover....

Post by Pete Marino »

yeah they are busting *** everyday at the site. It will be a nice novelty. And a cool place to visit on these hot summer days.

Hey Rick...are you gonna still carry the tracker/Nitro line when BPS opens its doors in Rancho?? Just wondering if you were gonna bring in another brand i.e stratus, basscat, skeeter, etc...
\
8) Pete 8)
Rick G

Re: Terry........ Also.. Rick Grover....

Post by Rick G »

The normal scenerio when a BPS comes to your town is that the local dealer takes a moderate hit in sales, but after the novelty wears off your Tracker product sales are better than ever as the customers come flocking back due to poor or no service @ BPS. Also there is no BPS that has as good of tournament grade So-Cal specific tackle as we do. They might have more, but the stuff that works will always be at the independant retailers. We have taken on the Stratos boat line as it is now under the Ranger boats umbrella. There are some exciting times ahead thats for sure. See you @ DVL. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
ash
SpeedBump

Rick Great Outlook and very true

Post by ash »

Hey Rick,

I admire your outlook on the BPS situation. The truth is when I am in SoCal I drop by your store and pick up items that I can not get online, or any place else. Your store is now a one of a kind that specificaly adresses the tournament anglers needs.

We all order this and that from BPS or Cabellas, but that does not mean that we dont\wont support the retailers that support us.

Sincerly,

Jonathan
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/