Mid size swimbait rods

RA8R55

Mid size swimbait rods

Post by RA8R55 »

I’m looking for mid size swimbait rod. I’ve looking into the G Loomis IMX pro 863, but not 100% sold on it. Whats been working out there for you guys?
WRB

Re: Mid size swimbait rods

Post by WRB »

Define mid size swimbaits? Treble hook, heavy jig hook. What reel and line??
Tom
RA8R55

Post by RA8R55 »

I was looking for a casting rod for finesse swimbaits (3/8 guppy heads) and 1/2oz scrounger heads.
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

Definitely don’t need a dedicated swimbait rod for 3/8 oz heads. Lots of rods will work for this and there will be a lot of person preference involved. What is your current jig rod? Maybe pick up another one of those and have two of the same rod. I use a dobyns champion 764c for medium swimbaits 6” paddle tail, s-wave, etc. I have two of these rods and they double as jig rods for me.
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

Champion Jon wrote:Definitely don’t need a dedicated swimbait rod for 3/8 oz heads. Lots of rods will work for this and there will be a lot of person preference involved. What is your current jig rod? Maybe pick up another one of those and have two of the same rod. I use a dobyns champion 764c for medium swimbaits 6” paddle tail, s-wave, etc. I have two of these rods and they double as jig rods for me.
I second the Dobyns 764c Champion. It’s my all purpose rod. I have a few of these rods and use them for a bunch of different applications. From large senkos to Swimbaits, jigs and light pitching/flipping. Another rod that works well for smaller Swimbaits when casting accuracy is important is the Dobyns 744c either champion or extreme. That’s my chatter/spinnerbait rod too. Another good all purpose rod. Can even throw jigs but on the lighter side. Hope this helps.