new crucial spinning rod

dmharrison81

new crucial spinning rod

Post by dmharrison81 »

i actually live around the gulf of mexico so i would like to use this rod to fish inshore around the bays for redfish and speckled trout, but it will primarily be used for largemouth bass. i am also looking at getting a sit on top kayak for fishing(i don't know how this will affect which length rod would work better). i am looking at the 7'6" medium/fast, 7'2" medium/fast, and the drop shot model 7'2" medium light/ extra fast. i will be throwing really light jigs(1/16-3/8), weightless live bait, weightless senkos, and weightless flukes and soft jerkbaits. i will be using a shimano stradic ci4 2500 spooled with 10 lb braid or 6-8 lb mono. any advice would be greatly appreciated as i really don't have access to handling any of these rods, but keep in mind that i tend to like softer action and lighter power rods than most would prefer. my biggest concern with the 7'2" medium light is if it will have enough power to get a decent hookset and if i could occasionally throw a 3/8 oz jig with it. thanks in advance.
bantam1

Re: new crucial spinning rod

Post by bantam1 »

The 7'6" will be a great rod for soft plastics and popping cork applications. In Texas they tend to use a little lighter action rods for redfish and trout. Typically you are fishing shallow enough that you only need 1/8-1/4 ounce jig heads so any of the rods you listed will be perfect.