New Melones-What’s Working Now

5/0

New Melones-What’s Working Now

Post by 5/0 »

I haven’t been out fishing in years and have a chance to fun fish here next week!
Would like some ideas on baits and colors. I will probably take 4-5 rods spinning and casting.
Would appreciate any info.

Thanks....Joe
Fromthemill

Re: New Melones-What’s Working Now

Post by Fromthemill »

Heading there in the AM. I'll post how we do. There has been somewhat of an algae bloom there.
5/0

Post by 5/0 »

Thank you!
Fromthemill

Post by Fromthemill »

We fished topwater early without any luck in the Angels Creek arm. Headed over to the spillway and managed one on a drop shot. Caught a couple more on football and ball head jigs throughout the day, but nothing of size. It was actually one of the slower days I've had there this year. The water is a little green up river but not bad on the main lake. Sorry we don't have a lot of success to report. We marked a ton of fish in 15 to 25 feet of water but couldn't get many takers. Hope you have better luck. Let us know how you do.
5/0

Post by 5/0 »

Thanks again. Appreciate your help!
5/0

Post by 5/0 »

Fished the lower Angle creek arm near the Glory Hole ramp on 8/28. Got on the water at 9 AM, already pretty toasty!
Fishing was slow, caught 12 bass, all <2#. Graphed a lot of fish in the 15-20 foot range, but no takers. The fish we did catch were relating to flooded brush or trees near the bank using wacky, d/s, and shaky rigs. Although there was a couple blow ups on a popper, not hooked though.