Pig Hunting?

PF3352

Pig Hunting?

Post by PF3352 »

Hello guys, im always on the fishing site and wanted to stop by and see if anyone had any knowledge of where I might go or who I might call to hunt pigs. I hunt deer in South Texas, Elk and Turkey in New Mexico, but Im looking for pigs out here. I live in Brentwood (Delta) and would love to find a place. I use the meat for processing as well. Im only looking for my uncle and myself to harvest 1 or 2 pigs a year so if you hear of anything plese give me a shout at pf3352@comcast.net....

Thanks Paul Fontaine
Kentuck

Re: Pig Hunting?

Post by Kentuck »

Paul,

If you bowhunt, try this, http://www.birdsandboars.com/ and I've heard decent things about this operation, http://www.dandeguideservice.com/

Kentuck
firebass

Post by firebass »

I talked to a dfg guy in Mariposa county who found bubonic plague in some of the wild pigs out there. He does not recommend eating them.
Micropterus salmoides addictus.
Pil9rotten

Post by Pil9rotten »

I want to start pig hunting in 2009 and have been researching it. There's a decent population at Lake Sonoma. The Army Corps has set a bow season and a shotgun season. Access is by boat.

At 46, I have never hunted but want to start with pigs and turkey. I am retired military and former law enforcement so guns are second nature to me. I am a bit intimidated with cleaning game though. I have never done it before. How do you learn?

Thanks,

Kenji
chf8500

Post by chf8500 »

Paul, If you want to pay for a guided hunt I have several friends that can put one a wild hog at a decent price, Monterey county area. If ya want to hunt on your own, Fort Hunter Liggett in the the same area has a good populatin of pigs also, there are a few restrictions copper slugs are all that are allowed, and there is a small fee to access the fort for hunting or fishing small ponds but big bass for a car topper. Also there is a primative camp ground if you want to use it, If you are interested, my number is 831 595 4763 hope this will help, Danny
Any day on the lake is a great day
Bison

Post by Bison »

wilderness unlimited!