Post 2nd Surgery Aaron Martens gives update himself

WB Staff

Post 2nd Surgery Aaron Martens gives update himself

Post by WB Staff »

aaron martens post 2nd brain surgery interview on MLF.png
The voice on the phone is a familiar one, happy and mellow with a telltale hint of Southern California: “Hey bro, how’s it going?” Aaron Martens says.

The fact that he’s even calling is astounding, given the fact that Martens is recovering from major surgery to remove a cancerous growth from his brain. It’s 2 o’clock in the afternoon at his home in Leeds, Alabama – less than 48 hours after a surgeon from Grandview Regional Medical Center in Birmingham removed a quarter-sized tumor from Martens’ brain stem – and the lovable SoCal transplant wants to chat.

“I’m in a lot of pain right now, they did a lot of cutting and stabbing,” he admits, his voice tinged with tiredness. “I have an incredible headache. I don’t like painkillers, so I’m trying to do my best to just keep it iced. I’m very uncomfortable, but I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, so I’m doing okay. I’m ready to get through this.”

Full interview on MLF: https://majorleaguefishing.com/featured ... rough-this
WRB

Re: Post 2nd Surgery Aaron Martens gives update himself

Post by WRB »

A positive attitude is essential to recovery from cancer surgery. It's a long road of filled with advances and set backs. Aaron has the ability to foucs on rehab he has been keeping in good physical condition. The key to survival with cancer is early detection, surgery, stereotactic radiation, immune theoropy and state of the art targeted chemicals to keep the desease from mastastizing. Pain management isn't a negative it helps the body to heal....listen to your physicians Aaron, study and make good decisions.
Tom