Roll Call for the Vanity Cup

nipples

Roll Call for the Vanity Cup

Post by nipples »

So we are less than a month away from this Vanity Cup and I am really beginning to wonder how many guys are forking out $1250.00 for the highest team buy-in in bass fishing history... hmm, did I say buy-in?... oh yeah, it also has the biggest pay-out, but I guess that is kinda relative to the buy-in.

So pony-up and don't be shy... Who is going to be fishing against the team of Dobyns/Reese... Monroe/Thomspon... etc.

Has anyone signed up at all?
Do it like no one is watching...
Bassin

Re: Roll Call for the Vanity Cup

Post by Bassin »

Dobyns/Reese? Hmmmmm wonder who would get the back seat in that team..... :)
JimmyReese

Post by JimmyReese »

Just curious!

How did you find out we were fishin togther? 8) 8)

Great Oppurtunity guys! Fishin will be off the hook!

Jimmy
totired

wouldnt waste my money

Post by totired »

just another hiped up event by a guy who has failed at every specialty event ever participated in.
bad snag proof opens two years in a row.
lucky craft open, one year and failed.
Ranger owners event, bad feedback.
FPT bad press from anlgers including some law suits.
when the FPT falls apart, and mark my words it will, the end will be deserved.
If Some anglers want to sell there soul, for the money, let them.
I will enjoy hearing the answer when they explain why they say
this guy is bad for bass fishing and then go to clear lake so they can win 2 atv's, some guns, and miscellaneous other crap and them have to sell it, just to break even for the week.
Dewayne

Re: Reese and Dobyns - Team Ben & Jerry's

Post by Dewayne »

That's it! I am opening an ice cream store at Clear Lake. This tournament alone should pay my NG Series entry fees for next year. :)
Dewayne
JimmyReese

Post by JimmyReese »

LMAO, :lol: :lol:

Dewayne......................................................Be CAREFUL!

but an ice cream shop would be nice! 8)
gt5bass

Post by gt5bass »

Dewayne wrote:That's it! I am opening an ice cream store at Clear Lake. This tournament alone should pay my NG Series entry fees for next year. :)
Just what us tankers need and Ice Cream shop, Krispy Creme shop and an In-N-Out. Simple way for me to keep my Hub Spinner moniker as my boat would never be able to git on pad agin :x
[i][color=green]It is what it is[/color] :|[/i]
MPOLLARD

Post by MPOLLARD »

Great opportunity for teams guys. People are barking about entry fee. But when you think about it FLW as a Co Angler is $750.00 and first is $20,0000.00 and 2nd is $10,000.00.50th is $1,000.00. But you have to fish behind a pro. You are not in charge of your on destiney. Vanity Cup is $1250.00 which is $625.00 a partner.Cheaper then Co Angler on FLW and you control were you fish. Payout for Vanity Cup is 90%. It only pays back 30 spots instead of 50, but the Vanity Cup is more top heavy. 200 boat field is 1st $100,000.00 2nd is a Chrysler Gt and $15,000.00.25th is $2000.00 and 30th is a prize package of $850.00. Were else can you fish a team tournament for $100,000.00. Plus there is a Pre Fish Bonus for a Hole week in advance.$1000.00 to 10lb. or bigger fish weighed in on pre fish. So you can win money before the Tournament starts. How many times have I heard So and So stuck a 10lb pre Fishing.(Bing-O) Get a check for it.Great Opportunity. I am in.(I just hope Reese and Dobyns are joking) :lol: Oh and Sieg you can stay home on this one to, the fish are'nt bitting in March at Clear Lake. :roll:

MPollard
www.teampollardfishing.com
www.gfmarine.com
www.savephace.com
www.teampollard.net for Central Valley Real EState
BassNuts

Re: wouldnt waste my money

Post by BassNuts »

totired wrote:just another hiped up event by a guy who has failed at every specialty event ever participated in.
bad snag proof opens two years in a row.
lucky craft open, one year and failed.
Ranger owners event, bad feedback.
FPT bad press from anlgers including some law suits.
when the FPT falls apart, and mark my words it will, the end will be deserved.
If Some anglers want to sell there soul, for the money, let them.
I will enjoy hearing the answer when they explain why they say
this guy is bad for bass fishing and then go to clear lake so they can win 2 atv's, some guns, and miscellaneous other crap and them have to sell it, just to break even for the week.
You can say that again.

Post by Guest »

Jimmy...

Are you kidding me? You and Dobyns together for this thing.... Yikes its going to be tough going for anyone in this event!

Not sure if I can afford the entry fee... would be nice to come out there and whip you and the BDO on your own water...

With the FLW Series Delta event the following week and missing much needed pre-fishing plus another $3500 out of pocket for that event already I can't fork out another $1200 as of now.

It was FLW Delta or Vanity Cup for me... I had to go with the FLW Delta for the press possibilities and more. Win the FLW Series (not that I expect to win) and you get huge press and become a name in the fishing industry immediately. Win the Vanity cup and you get some website ink and outside our very small fishing circle here in northern cal very few people will even know who won.

I think it has the makings for a great event... but, in my honest opinion it needed more advertising in the right spots. (A few website postings and some flyers isn't enough) and some serious coverage via TV/Magazine/etc...

DISCLAIMER: No I am not slamming Vince - I get along with him and even left his ad/post on swimbaitnation.com's forum when I would normally remove that kind of post since it is not swimbait related and essentially a competitor of our organization.
JimmyReese

Post by JimmyReese »

Hey Tom,

I was all for it , but gary didn't want to fish from the back of the boat! :lol: :lol:
Honestly, I'll be at the Delta prefishin the National Guard! This is a tough desision for me! A mater ov fact its go me flustered so muc i cant spill write!
I was going to ask you if ya wanted to fish but just found out your in for the guard as well...... :shock: :roll: 8) Next time buddy!

Jimmy
MPOLLARD

Post by MPOLLARD »

Ha Jimmy--

I will fish with ya. :lol: I will also take the back of the boat. :lol: I will also grab the net for ya,supply your lunch,and even catch a fish or to :wink: I will also give you a 65-35 cut,You being 65 me 35. :roll:

MPollard
www.savephace.com
www.gfmarine.com
www.teampollard.net for Central Valley Real Estate...
JimmyReese

Post by JimmyReese »

Mpollard........

Thanks for the offer, I really need someone than catch most of the fish from the back of the boat! I have become pretty good with the net myself! 8) Especially nettin them 9's and 10's......Thankyou mark, and tom, and Chris.......you know who you are! :) :) :) and what I am speaking of....
If you had said that you would catch most of the fish, I woulda of taken ya up with it! I do like the 65-35 cut though! :lol: If ya include Hot pastrami on the lunch and a tub of ben and Jerry's I would have to give it some more consideration! :wink:

DISCLAIMER! :lol: :lol: I am laughing to hard to type......
Disklaimer this is for amusement porpoises only! I hope this covers me! :lol: :lol:

Jimmy
MPOLLARD

Post by MPOLLARD »

Jimmy--

Pastromi Sandwich,I will catch alot of fish from the back.We can fish out of my boat or yours and I will swim after your fish if I have to.Though I would rather net them.Any other offers are negiotable.I will work with you buddy :wink: Also I am not dead weight like Dobyns.... :lol: Just kidding Dobyns. :wink: Jimmy the boat will be much faster with me in it though :lol:

www.gfmarine.com
www.savephace.com
www.teampollard.net for Central Valley Real Estate
MPOLLARD

Post by MPOLLARD »

Oh I forgot Ben and Jerry's all you can eat....Deal or No Deal. :lol:

MPollard
JimmyReese

Post by JimmyReese »

DEAL OR NO DEAL! :lol: :lol:

Hmmmm.......Which # are you?.......Hmmmmm......

If your the brunette with the slacks on holding #15...FORGET IT!

If your the blonde with the mini skirt holding # 4.....I am all in! :lol: :lol:
ohhhh, my wife's gunna kill me! and Dobyns is going to k!!! you too! That was hilarious! :lol: :lol: We woulda made a great team there pollard, its to bad we wont be around that weekend, or ever! :lol:

Jimmy
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

I thought the disclaimer on the entry form said Mr. Reese can't fish! LOL
MPOLLARD

Post by MPOLLARD »

Jimmy--
Thats to bad Jimmy. :cry: We could've mad a great team.I think I could've even struck a Deal with Sieg in letting us have a couple Misty's ride with us.(Wife's aproval of course) :lol: Good luck in 2007 Tour.Go and kick some Bass like you have been doing.Good luck at the Delta FLW.I am always rooting for You,Dobyns,KB and the rest of the Group.Have a Great Year. :lol:

P.S Your Wifes Pictures are Awesome.That is some great work.I only wish I have seen them when I got Married so she could of done my wedding pictures. She has a great talent for picture taking and action photos...See Ya Buddy :wink:

MPollard
www.savephace.com
www.gfmarine.com
www.teampollard.net for Central Valley Real Estate...
fishfan

Post by fishfan »

Is anyone fishing this? Is it going to be canceled?
I now know why it is called fishing and not catching!
The Sweetest Rods Ever !!! DOBYNS RODS
Team LL
DanO

Re: Vanity Cup is absolutely still on...

Post by DanO »

Call Angler's Press Office for up to date info (707) 245-7624
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

Isn't the Vanity Cup followed by the Cosmopolitan Cup and the Oprah Shootout....Who named this thing.. Elton John?
http://www.dobynsrods.com
nipples

Post by nipples »

I still have yet to see one angler fess up and admit that they are going to fish this thing. It looks like the timing is bad and that most will be prefishing the Stren. It has potential to be an awesome slug fest... potential being the key word.

So Vince, Is this still happening? How many sign-ups so far?

And AnglersPress desperatly needs a new web admin, most of the internal pages don't exist or the links are bad. Hmmm, me thinks someone might be a dreamweaver junky and forgot to pull before editing and pushing.
Do it like no one is watching...
chinook11

Post by chinook11 »

Is this event still happening ? If so, how many boats are signed up? I'm still debating whether or not it's worth it if the prize money is reduced too much with a small field ,even though the odds of winning will be better.Decisions, decisions !!!