Dwain King-(fisherman's warehouse, Manteca) passes away

TRUFISH

Dwain King-(fisherman's warehouse, Manteca) passes away

Post by TRUFISH »

This morning at about 4:30, Dwain passed away. I just wanted to tell all in the fishing community. He and I fished teams together on the delta for many years. He was a good friend. I do not have any further details as of yet. He has left behind a wife and two young children.
Mitch

Re: Dwain King-(fisherman's warehouse, Manteca) passes away

Post by Mitch »

So sorry to hear this. Dwain was a great guy and always very hepfull in the store. I know he had some health issues and was in and out of the hospital on many occasions. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Mike

Post by Mike »

OMG what happend? Was he ill? Dwain always had a big smile and hello every time I saw him. Great guy!

God help his family in this time of need.
Vince Borges

Post by Vince Borges »

About two weeks ago Dwain had a serious accident at Tracy Oasis. He fell thrugh the Shi--y railing they have there and got wedged between the wall and the ramp. He was thought to be ok except for a small blood clot that had formed in his brain. Not sure if this was the cause or not. I know they had to take him off his heart medication for the blood clott to disolve or for surgery. He will truly be missed and our prayers go out to his family and of course his father. its a DAMN shame.

Vince
http://www.eyesurrender.com
http://www.proworm.com
http://www.basstackledepot.com
http://www.phenixrods.com
http://www.tntbaits.com
http://www.blackwaterinternationalinc.com
http://www.megastrike.com
http://www.vinceborgesoutdoors.com
Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

What a sad day, he was a great guy!

Thoughts & Prayers go out to to the King Family, he will be missed by many!

Sean Graf
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

MY condolences to his family and friends..Sad news to hear another fisherman gone..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Kevin Evans - Kap

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

My heart with the deepest sympathy goes out to his family. I had the pleasure of getting to know Dwayne and I'm truly saddened by this news and he will surely be missed by the fishing community...

Kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

WOW! Another good man gone. I really liked Dwain. Please post an anoucement if they are having a service.

Rest in peace Dwain.
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I am so sorry to read this. My sincere condolences to the family...I will miss running into him on the river, where we would compare notes..."Hay don't go there....no feesh"....haha...Shopping at Delta Bait will not be the same.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

I spoke with Dewayne on Saturday and he was beat up, but doing well and in great spirits. I will miss him.
champbassgal76

Post by champbassgal76 »

Dwain was a great guy. My condolences to his family, he will be missed!
Bassman35

Post by Bassman35 »

I cant believe it. He was always a good friend to me and I am in total shock!! Please let me know when the funeral is!!!!
Bryan Cox
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

One of the nicest guys I have ever met, he was always battling his heart related illness but was so strong and inspirational. Our prayers go out to the entire family, hopefully we can come together as a fishing community and do the right thing for his family. Sometimes there are no answers, I have faith he will be well taken care of. The Hamilton Family
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Larry Douglas

Post by Larry Douglas »

How very, very sad! My son, Steve attended high school with Dewayne, so I met him through my son. His wife, Janell, babysat my neighbor's little boy for awhile. They're a wonderful family with two beautiful children.

From what little information I received, Dewayne's passing was the result of a brain anurisym (sp?), possibly brought on as a result of his fall at Tracy Oasis.

I can't imagine the feelings of loss, his family and parents must be feeling.

Surely, the phrase, "He was a good man", describes Dewayne. Rest in peace, my friend. You will be missed.

Larry Douglas
Jerkbait0071

Post by Jerkbait0071 »

Very sad news indeed. It always makes me wonder what we fellow anglers can do to show respect to anglers that pass on. The police officers wear a black ribbon over the badge when an officer of the law dies. I have came up with an idea to show our respect for our fellow anglers that have passed on, tie a ribbon around the motor for the entire year to show respect to ones we have lost. Let’s put our heads together and figure out some way to show our support. Any suggestions? My heart goes out to his family.
JT-Madera

Post by JT-Madera »

What a total loss....everyone lost someone special..even if you didn't know him..all our lives are a little emptier today...

So many great friends and fellow anglers have passed these last few years, I wonder if they will leave any of those twenty pounders in heaven for us... Maybe Dwayne will leave us one or two...

What sadness

JT
Vince Borges

Post by Vince Borges »

I spoke with Shelly at Fishermans Warehouse and they have asked me to post that they appreciate all the calls and condolence's, and as soon as service information is available we will post it here on NCBF. I think its time for a tourney org to step up with a memorial tourney for his wife and kids. I would be more than happy to lend a helping hand in it if you contact me.

Vince Borges
http://www.eyesurrender.com
http://www.proworm.com
http://www.basstackledepot.com
http://www.phenixrods.com
http://www.tntbaits.com
http://www.blackwaterinternationalinc.com
http://www.megastrike.com
http://www.vinceborgesoutdoors.com
TRUFISH

Post by TRUFISH »

I have spoke with Dwain's dad and the funeral is tentatively scheduled for this saturday. I have emailed Gene to inquire his help in having a tournament for Dwain. I will keep people posted when I get the info. Dwain died of a brain hemorrhage. Thank you all for your condolences.

Timothy Venkus
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

What time?

Where is the service being held?
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
Ed Schneider

Post by Ed Schneider »

I’m sorry to hear about Dwain. My prayers are with his wife, kids, and extended family. A friend of mine (Jay Hoffman) called me a few minutes ago and informed me about Dwain. It’s very sad and Dwain will be missed. After seeing Dwain’s death posted on the ncbf forum, I am in a bit of shock right now. He was a great guy to fish against in Stockton Bass and was always upbeat and helpful.

--Ed
Thanks,
Ed
Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

I still can't get over the fact, wow!

Theres no doubt in my mind that someone will put on one hell of a show in Dwains memory, just sit back and be patient.
C-Bone

Post by C-Bone »

WOW is right...life IS TOOOOO short and to precious. Dewayne will be missed.

Rest in Peace buddy!! My condolences to the family!!
"when in doubt??....ask your wife if it's ok!"
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

I only know the folks at FW by sight, not by name. can someone describe him?
"I'll just drop it on their head, and then rip their lips off with a TV hookset..." <i>unnamed angler when discussing how he fishes a jig</i>
TRUFISH

Post by TRUFISH »

Mike, give me a call and i will let u know the details.

Thanks

Timothy Venkus
916-769-3818
Ranger11155

Post by Ranger11155 »

Viewing this Friday from 10.am to 8.pm at ParkView Cemetery at 3661 E.French Camp Rd. Funeral service will held at CrossRoads Community Church at 1505 Moffatt Blvd. Manteca. Dwain's wife Jannelle and children D.J and Dannelle appreciate every ones thoughts and prayers.
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and kids.
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
Ranger11155

Post by Ranger11155 »

Sorry I forgot to put the time for the service for Dwain,it is to be at 10.am this Saturday.Sorry again for leaving it out but I'am still nervous.I'am Dwain's father inlaw and I always thought my first post would be about some big fish Dwain had caught and If I ever post again it will be about the big fish his son or daughter has caught.

Thank You
Marvin Johnson
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

What a shame! Dwain was a great guy and willing to do anything for anyone.
gt5bass

Post by gt5bass »

I found out about Dwain's condition last Friday when I ran by FW on the way to Oroville for the Fed. What a tragedy!

Dwain was truely one of the GOOD Guys. I met him the first time I came up to fish the Delta 5 or 6 years ago. Set me up on some great water. I will always think of him when I fish there and dedicate every fish I catch there to his memory. He always shared honest info, and was a pleasure to shoot the breeze with. He even offered to let me stay in his yard in my RV when he knew I was short on money for the Stren a couple of years ago. He will truely be missed!

My condolences and prayers go out to his family.
[i][color=green]It is what it is[/color] :|[/i]
gt5bass

Post by gt5bass »

Marvin,

I unfortunately can't make the service but my prayers are with you.

Please let me know if there is a memorial fund I can contribute to for his wife and kids.
[i][color=green]It is what it is[/color] :|[/i]
W.C

Post by W.C »

Wow!! :cry: I'm so blown away from this news of Dwain's passing, It's so hard to believe that I will never here him say "Hey Whats up Big Will !" I'm in total Shock! and num from this awful news. :cry: Rest in pease!!! my Good Friend you will surly be missed . My prayers go out to your Wife , Kids and family . What an awful loss of a Great friend and Great man. :cry: :cry:
flippenfool

Post by flippenfool »

I still can't believe this no matter how many times I read this; What a tremendous loss to our sport and all who knew him. My thoughts and prayers go out to Dwain's wife,children and family. Delta Bait will never be the same I will miss our conversations and all of your help on the water. My friend you will trully be missed, may all your waters be calm. God bless.
Mike Moreno
Rod Brown

Post by Rod Brown »

I will definately miss Dwain's upbeat personality. He use to call me a few times a year from the store during salmon season and I will miss receiving those calls. He really touched many peoples lives and it was a pleasure to have known him.

Sincerely,

Rod Brown
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

My condolences to his family and friends.

At a loss for words.

A.G.
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
DKBrown

Post by DKBrown »

This is just so hard to take in!!! Im truly sadden by the loss of a great person who always had time to help me & give me pointers everytime I came in FW, My prayers & wishes to his family!!! I'm sure gonna miss him and FW will never be the same without seeing Dwain's smile & hearing him say "money" referring to a lure as a sure thing.

Donnie K Brown
straitline

Post by straitline »

WOW I dont know what to say!!! MY condolences to his family.He was A great guy always willing to help... He will be missed!!! Fisherman all over this valley lost A friend today!!!!
bassenvy

Post by bassenvy »

not to spearhead the thread here but I can relate to what happened. I had the same thing happen to me when I was racing Bmx bikes. I fell on my head during practice and had headaches for a week. I was diagnosed a week later with a brain anuerysm and had surgery. I didn't know how serious it was until my pastor came in to visit me.

my condolensces go out to his family and friends
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

OH MY GOD!!! Anyone who knew him at all in any way will miss him. I know I will. I will miss chatting with him and telling fish stories and talking big fish. He was truly a GREAT guy. I am sorry for his family and friends and all of us for losing such a nice person. :cry:
WOW! I can't believe it. I don't even want too.. How sad. :cry:

Don.
Go Big or Go Home!
http://calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/bassindon69/basspics/
basstamer

What better tribute?

Post by basstamer »

I didnt know this young man but there couldnt be a finer tribute than so many people saying what a great guy he was-we should all be so lucky to be so well thought of when we pass. Like I said I didnt know him but man it leaves a weird spot in my gut just reading this-just goes to show you never know and we should treat every day like the last. Tell your wife and kids you love them each and every day cuz like this young man you may not be able to tommorrow. This is truly a sad day for the whole Fishermans Warehouse orginization as well as his friends and family.May he rest in peace-my thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Scott
MT

Re: What better tribute?

Post by MT »

I always enjoyed running into Dwain while shopping at FW Just a really easy guy to like and a true pleasure to talk fishing with even if just for a minute. My condolences and prayers go out to his family. It's obvious by the outpouring of posts that they will have lots of help getting through this terribly difficult time. May they gain strength from those close to them.
Mike Thompson
MT

Re: What better tribute?

Post by MT »

I always enjoyed running into Dwain while shopping at FW Just a really easy guy to like and a true pleasure to talk fishing with even if just for a minute. My condolences and prayers go out to his family. It's obvious by the outpouring of posts that they will have lots of help getting through this terribly difficult time. May they gain strength from those close to them.
Mike Thompson
BUD man

Post by BUD man »

For those of you who did not get the opportunity to meet this great fisherman, he was an all around great guy. Just yesterday when I talked to him he was taking his kids to the park to fly kites.

It does not seem real to me that he is no longer with us when I just spoke with him yesterday. I think it is going to take all of us a while to accept this.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Scott
Cal T

Post by Cal T »

I was shocked when I read about Dwaine's passing. I met him years ago when he worked with Wacko Tackle. He was a great guy who was always upbeat and funny. The first time I took him with me to Kelsey Bass Ranch he had so much fun in his old Astro boat. That day he caught an 11-pound carp on a spinnerbait and after that I always asked him how his carp boat was. At Delta Bait (sorry, old name) he would always find time to talk about what was happening in his life and on the Delta. I will miss him very much. I know my son Rob will miss him. They had a great day fishing a tournament together at Kelsey's. They thought they had the tournament won until Don Payne pulled it out in the end. But it was a day my son will always remember because Dwaine made it special.

I send all my prayers and love to his family.

Cal Tatum
I was looking for a bar when I found this job.
Ranger11155

Post by Ranger11155 »

There has been a trust fund set up for Dwain's two children D.J and his little sister Dannelle King.

At any Washington Mutual Bank
D.J. & Dannelle King
Account # 430-658942-9

Jannelle, D.J. and Dannelle want to thank everyone for their support and prayers at these trying times.

The family of Dwain King
fishermenchris

Post by fishermenchris »

How's this for the guy. I did an article on Dwain the day he fell, it happend not more than 5 minutes after I left. I finally heard from him what had happend and he told me he was soar but doing well. He asked me if I was still going to fish the tournament on march 3rd, I told him I wanted to but did not have a boat to use for the day. His reply "take mine I'll load you up with what you need." Can you imagine someone so kind to get you set up to fish a tournament that you are directly competing against, but that was just Dwain. I run a small time guide service and frequently visited with Dwain down at the FW. He was always smiling even when you knew he wasn't feeling well. I wish he could have read the article about him I know he was looking forward to it.
Dwain, you will be baddly missed my friend but never forgoten. Thank you for all your kindness over the few years that I knew you. Go win that bassmaster clasic in the sky, and we'll do our best down here.
We love you and miss you

chris
Always wanting to fish just ask the wife
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

oh man..This one hurts bad...Dwain always made any visit to FW a pleasureable one.His smile lit up the room and he coud talk intellegent fishing with you. He was my sole reason for stopping there. My prayers go to his wife and family. The world lost a great man.
http://www.dobynsrods.com
benthebassman15

Post by benthebassman15 »

hi my name is ben wiley and im 15 i remember the first time i met dwain over at Fisherman's Wharehouse he hooked me up with some speed worms and i didnt kno wat i was doin and i tried and caught fish. My dad and i then went on a guide trip with him at the end he gave me an orange hank parker crank bait rod and a shimano curado and all i have to say i Dwain i loved u like another dad basically i kno ur in heaven with a Z-Commanche Series 21ft. Ranger and u hav a Merc that can out run any Allison out there and ur catching 15lbers every cast with whatever u throw so all i want to say is u influenced me to keep on fishing and ill always think of you when fishing the delta. Uve touched me Dwain Rest IN Peace brother.
lippy

Post by lippy »

Well just reading the aticle by the 15 year old kid,I beleive and dwain knows his place on earth was a memorable one for some one who really cares about another.By that i think he did a good deed that we all preach about and that is take a kid fishing and get them hooked.

Job well done dwain!
JGB

Post by JGB »

Lippy, sent you a PM.
jerry davidson

Post by jerry davidson »

we are so saddened by dwains passing. our prayers are with his family. words cant express the way I feel, dwain will be missed, I enjoyed talking to him he helped me and alot of others become better fishermen from all of us delta tule busters jerry davidson