Did you see this?

Guy Williams

Did you see this?

Post by Guy Williams »

Won Bass top pro or pro's qualify for the Bassmasters tour. It's in the new outline of qualification in BASS. I just read it and wonder why I haven't heard anyone say anything about it. Not even Hutch. Dang kramer you've let this slip by without a word? Unless it's been in the WON paper but I have not gottin' mine in a month or two, btw, where is my paper at mail man?
Guy Williams(worst angler than you top 10)
DL

Re: Did you see this?

Post by DL »

Guy, I saw that while watching BASS Saturday! I figured it would be AOY from the pro side. That is huge. I had to back it up and read it again to make sure I was not hallucinating. I am surprised that it has not been marketed at all by WON. What a tool to get turnout at ALL events...a birth in the Classic without coughing up the thousands to fish the tour or the two year odyssey(spell check) to make it throught the Federation.

What an opportunity..get out there and fish as a WON pro!!

DL
Ray L.

who has a link to this... *NM*

Post by Ray L. »

Mike MM

Re: Did you see this? *LINK*

Post by Mike MM »

Yes, BASS has in fact mentioned that anglers will be able to qualify for the tour via the BASS Opens, the FLW Pro Tour, and yes they even stated that WON Bass anglers would qualify for the BASS Pro Tour as well. There is not any real firm facts out from BASS just yet on how it would work so stay tuned for more information to be released by BASS.

With the increased field size in 2006 along with all of the extra events added to the BASS schedule in 2006, BASS will likely have to "call down" the list of anglers that fish the BASS Opens and other circuits such as WON Bass in order to get full fields for their events. I would tend to think that first priority would go to those anglers that have fished all three BASS Opens in their region during 2005 and then it would be open for others to enter as space permits. If you ever wanted to fish a tour event then 2006 may very well be your chance provided that you go out and fish all three of the BASS Western Opens this year.

Big Time
Brian D.

Its all right here....

Post by Brian D. »

<A HREF="http://64.29.17.95/cgi-bin/scalifornia/ ... 1078#21078" TARGET="_blank">http://64.29.17.95/cgi-bin/scalifornia/ ... 8#21078</A>

-------------------

BASS will increase the Tour field to 200 professional anglers by increasing the number of anglers who will qualify from the Opens and by extending qualifying opportunities to other tournament circuits, including top performers from BASS Federation, the FLW Tour, and the WON Bass Tour, among others. The number of qualifying positions to be awarded from each circuit will be determined and announced at a later date.

------------------------------