Weak springs on my trailer??

biteme

Weak springs on my trailer??

Post by biteme »

I have a 03 ranger 520 and yesterday I noticed that one fender was rubbing on the tire. One side is lower then the other. Could this be a sagging spring or should I look for other things? Man this boat! You would think for how much these things cost the stuff would hold up a bit better!
Smile_n_Jax

Re: Weak springs on my trailer??

Post by Smile_n_Jax »

Unless you find something broken, I would think you have a weak spring. B.O.A.T. = Break Out Another Thousand. :lol:

I would suggest you get in touch with someone like Sacramento Spring and have them build you a pair of springs that will last.
Jax Keilman
"I may be crazy, but it's kept me from going insane" - Waylon Jennings
'89 Stratos 269V, 90HP Yamaha. Small, but I love it.
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

You could have one or more broken leafs in the spring, or it could be that you have a broken fender mount(??). Better check it (or have it checked) before you end up with a problem on the road!
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
biteme

Post by biteme »

Thanks guys. I crawled under it after the tournament and didnt see any problems. I gave the fender a good shake and its sturdy. I guess the springs are just weak. I guess leaf springs are pretty cheap anyway. Im sure it would be a good idea to replace em both at the same time. Have you dealt with Sacramento spring?
Scott D.

Post by Scott D. »

Don't be shocked if they tell you you'll have to order them directly from Ranger. I had the same problem with my '04 trailer (520 on it too), and went through 2 tires in 8 months. I know it's not a fix for you, but Ranger has fixed it on the newer models and gotten away from leaf springs. Good luck with it.
Navy Chief proudly serving to protect this great nation. God Bless America
biteme

Post by biteme »

Aw that would suck. What did it cost ya?
Scott D.

Post by Scott D. »

Mine was still under warranty, but not sure by how much, so it didn't cost me a thing at C&C Marine in Modesto. Call them at (209)526-4120 and ask for Richard and ask about the timeline for the Rangertrail Warranty.
Navy Chief proudly serving to protect this great nation. God Bless America
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

That Bites.........

Another option- if it is cost effectvie compared to factory springs/parts/instalation.....

Is to Install a set of "Ride-Rites" to your trailor- they are air adjustable and will last for ALONG time. The springs you have now will then be just your back-up some 10-20 years down the road.

Here is a link on how they work ~~> http://www.fsip.com/pdfs/RR/techarticle ... 0works.pdf

Most every truck accesory shop will carry them. You can also Google them with the key words of ..... Ride-Rite , Ride Right

I can not seem to locate the offical comany page --- They work EXCELTENT -- Can turn my '95 Ford F-150 2wd P/U into a 4wd for more clearance in a jiffy in the mountains and pack out more than 2000+ pounds of tile/wood with like nothing with the only thing needed to keep and eye on is the tires......... :shock:

The best part is that you will be able to take most of the load off of your springs -- Or even 100% of it from them !! ...... And then just let them do their own things as both components continue to work togther till one fails. -- Witch will not be the bags. :wink:
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
medfish

Post by medfish »

you might what to try "BETTS" in west sac. I have bought several springs from them. just measure your old ones. (along the outside radius that lenght never changes even it the curve does) and count the leafs and width. if you want a stiffer spring just tell them to ad a leaf for ya....... hope this helps 40-60$ a piece if can remember