Wow What a weekend at Won Bass

Bassman35

Wow What a weekend at Won Bass

Post by Bassman35 »

I fished my 1st pro am this weekend and wouldnt you know it I drew Jimmy Reece and an Old friend of the family who I hadnt seen in probably 15 years in Bob Boyd. 1st of all, all I can say is that the nice guy act for Jimmy Reece is NOT an act. He is probably one of the nicest guys I have fished with. He is definately a PRO's PRO. I learned as much about how to conduct myself off the lake as i did fishing. It was like walking with the Pope, 1/2 the people ran up to talk to him and the other 1/2 were too intimidated to even look at him. He stopped and talked to every person who said hi and showed them all the respect he would a friend of his. I was so impressed with the way he handled himself on the water too. We had a Pontoon boat completely cut us off and Jimmy didnt even blink an eye. he just said hi and caught fish as we went around them. I was shocked because I would of been so rattled that i would of probably popped off. he showed me that you cant let those things affect you. We had a great day for the numbers and lost a few that probably could of helped but all in all I had a blast. I just wanted to thank Jimmy for showing me how to handle yourself as a pro both on and off the water! :lol:
Day 2 was just as good as I got to catch up with an old friend and we had a blast talking about old times and catching fish. I would also like to thank Bob as well.
Bryan Cox
Bob Simard

Okay - dude's won everything, Now Jimmy - Pope?

Post by Bob Simard »

You know I can't let this go without a wise crack!

Pope Jimmy the First.
Jimmy the Pontiff.
Jimmy is my Co-Pilot!

Dude - how come you don't wear that big pointee hat? You'd be like 9 feet tall on the bow of your Purple Machine with that hat on. It would be cool to see you screaming through the Narrows with that hat on, robes flowing behind you.

Haha - okay.

Yes Bryan, in all serious Jimmy is the Pro's Pro. A great role model for one and all.

Next time I see him, I'm going to ask him to bless my motor so it doesn't blow, and all my baits so that they catch fish bigger than 3 pounds.
JimmyReese

Re: Wow What a weekend at Won Bass

Post by JimmyReese »

Bryan was that fun or what? I have to say the first day of the WON this weekend had to be the funnest top water bite I have ever been on!!! EVER!!! Bryan, you and I caught close to 60 fish from 2 lbs to 5.5 lbs unfortunately the 7's and 9's never hooked up! Your a great stick and your senko hook set gave me wiplash every time! :lol: :lol: maybe next time I'll draw ya on Pedro. 8)
Thanks for the kind words, this sport is an awesome sport and we need to protect it as much as we can! I have not been perfect over the years, but its a learning curve that we all need to learn. Best advice to anyone is " communication and understanding" the pontoon boat did not know I was fishing there and he had every right to fish there as well, I am sure if I had explained to him what we were doing, there would be a 90 % chance he would yield to what we were doing, whats funny, kind of, is the next day another boat not in the tourney started there and caught 3 fish before we pulled up. He was nice enough to leave immediately! He called me by name but I am not sure who he was but seemed like a great guy just fishing( MY WATER!). :lol: :lol: :lol: Its all good! Other advice is not to fish popular areas as I spent most of the week trying to find the private secluded glory and it just never happened. My hats off to Sieg, Jared, Wayne, DeWayne, Gene, Bret, ect. for catching those monster sacks! Amazing!
Keep swingin for the fence Bryan, your on your way!!!!

Jimmy
JimmyReese

Re: Okay - dude's won everything, Now Jimmy - Pope?

Post by JimmyReese »

Simard........LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your killing me! oh man! My sides hurt.............My baits only caught 3.5 lbers so we need someting a little more blessed than the POPE! Not sure if that can happen! See ya Bud!

Jimmy
Bassman35

Re: Okay - dude's won everything, Now Jimmy - Pope?

Post by Bassman35 »

It was for sure the best Ive been on. I was trying to think how many times we had doubles on and I could remember at least 8 times but I'm sure there was more. I lmao about the hookset. I guess thats a compliment :lol: I just thought the whole WON bass tourny was 1 I'll remember and seriously if you want to catch some Pedro monkeys just let me know. Ask John Harper he went out with my buddy Robert and Robert stuck a 15 their 1st trip.
Bryan Cox