Anybody who see's some G-Loomis rods fer sale cheap???

Jason Wood

Anybody who see's some G-Loomis rods fer sale cheap???

Post by Jason Wood »

Drivin' out to Russo's on Sunday and my buddy's rods, who's down visitin' from Washington, flew out of the boat on the way... We pulled over and talked to I believe Ken and Jason Conser and they said a silver truck pulled over and picked somethin' up on the side of the road by the gas station(they had no idea anything happened until they saw me pulled over, stopped and I asked them)...

The bag was gone and the wonderfully helpful non-English speakin' guy at the gas station didn't know what I was talkin' about and couldn't assist!!!

So, if anyone see's a set of Loomis rods fer sale cheap, let me know please...

Oakley P.D. didn't have anything dropped off either, imagine that...

Re: Anybody who see's some G-Loomis rods fer sale cheap???

Post by Guest »

Sorry to hear Jason.

Hopefully - someone will read this and do the right thing and get them back to you!
ppickerell

Post by ppickerell »

Keep checking Craigslist
02 Champion 206 DC Elite
Bobber Lobber
exbassguide

Post by exbassguide »

Joe's (G.I.Joes) has seconds with small flaws like in the handle for 1/2 price.
Roger
Ex-Silver lake-Bass-Guide (10 years)
[img]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/ExBassGuide/4lbs10oz.jpg[/img]
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

Jason,

Sorry to hear you never got them back. I have been kicking myself in the a$$ for not getting the dude's license number or something! I was hoping it would have been an honest individual but had my doubts since he obviously had turned off the road instead of chasing you guys down. (He would have had to have turned down either Knightsen Ave, Jersey Isl Rd. or live locally along Cypress, because we never saw him behind us.)

We were only a couple of cars behind you until we caught a red light at Sellers. By the time we got going again you were about 1/2 mile in front of us. When I saw the guy whip it over and back up his truck the way he did I thought something was up. Driving by I initially thought it was a rifle case but in my mirror it looked too long as he picked it up and I said to Jason that it looked like a rod bag. We slowed down but he was nowhere in sight.

My hope is that the guy will try to find the rightful owner, but my gut feeling is that he saw it fall off your boat and he did a snatch & grab.

Not that it's any help to you or your friend, but I feel awful about it...

Best thing would be to alert the area tackle shops, keep an eye out on Craigslist.org - looking in Bay Area, Sacto, So Cal, etc. and Ebay. Also Western Bass classy's.

I wish you and your bud good luck in getting them back, and the worst Karma possible for the guy who kept them.
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]