Ok float tubers it is on

RipnRog

Ok float tubers it is on

Post by RipnRog »

I dont know your real names so here is what we have

Hammerbm, madddogg, G-Man, 86 Ranger, bassmandan, bramb0311, L.Hackney and myself are in.

ANYONE ELSE IS INVITED.

Lets have our first event at lake natomas.

Everyone must have a hand held scale and something to write with. We can launch out of Negro Bar. Honor system here boys. No live bait.

$5.00 or $10.00 entry. We can decide if it is winner take all or say 70 / 30 to first second. I dont care either way.

What else guys?
billythekidd44

Re: Ok float tubers it is on

Post by billythekidd44 »

If your looking to fish some tournies and having some fun and fish some of the best waters our area has to offer check us out.
http://www.scbbbc.com/
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

What day? and can I use a Kayak. If not I have 2 tubes, and a few kayaks. Hey wouldnt it be great if one of these guys could get us on lake of the pines. there are hawgs in there.
LL
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

Id be down for one of these eventually. Maybe not the first one, but who knows? Keep posting information on date time and place.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

I like your club a lot but I have a bad back so we are kind of changing a few rules like allowing trolling motors and what not. I wish you guys allowed trolling motors.
Hammerbm

Post by Hammerbm »

Lets make it happen! Any idea what day? Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays work better for me cause i dont have the kids those days. I assuming the pen and paper is to write down weights, is it best 5 or biggest fish?
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

I was also thinking on a Saturday How about we throw this date out there and lets who it works for.

10/6/2007 Launch at 6:00 am and weigh in at say 2:00?
Hammerbm

Post by Hammerbm »

thats a few weeks from now....that'll work, i was thinking sooner though. And we dont all have trolling motors, 6:00 to 2:00 may be a little much.
billythekidd44

Post by billythekidd44 »

RipnRog wrote:I like your club a lot but I have a bad back so we are kind of changing a few rules like allowing trolling motors and what not. I wish you guys allowed trolling motors.
I hear ya on the bad back,mine is toast.Thankfully I have a prescrip that take the edge off.The doc told me its good to row though because it builds up those stomach muscles that help support the back :) We`ve voted on the trolling motors a couple of times each time getting shot down,its just to much of an advantage for those who don`t have them.Also I believe you have to register your pontoon if you have a motor on it as well.Keep posting when you have your turkey shoots I might be down for a clear lake one. :)
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Hey guys my father in law just got one of those hobie kayaks its got pedals that drive it, and a sail. Can I use that thing, I want an excuse to steal it for a weekend.
LL
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Well let me rephrase that the gates open at 6:00 by the time we get the boats pumped and everyone heads out it would be more like 6:30 or 6:45. so lets vote as to when everyone would like to chack in. I was just throwing a number out to get the conversation started.

There are a couple of different places we can launch as well. I am even open to going to a different lake like say Folsom. I dont care i just want to get a time and a place established.
Hammerbm

Post by Hammerbm »

Place and start time arent an issue.....I even have some killer ponds that we could probably fish depending on the number of people, i was just saing that 8 hours is alot in a float tube.....especially on a lake like Natoma. Meeting up at 6:00 is totally fine, i think 4 or 5 hours would probably be better though. We aint fishing for big prize money anyway, so lets make it short and sweet. 4 or 5 solid hours is gonna be plenty of kicking for me...and im still young. Im game for this weekend if anybody else is down.
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

All right since no one wants to answer if I can use a kayak. Im trying to put a 20hp on the pontoon. Keeps doing back flips at about 5200 rpm though. :lol:
LL
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Does not matter to me try a 250 HPDI in the front and the back and it should even out your motor issue.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

I was going to try to get out this weekend but it depends on if my stuff gets here from bass pro as I am waiting for my waders then again I will need to go buy fins as well. I am going to try to get this done by Friday.
Hammerbm

Post by Hammerbm »

no worries....if you do let me know..... I just wanna fish, turkey shoot or not. I typically fish alone on my ponds alot, and wouldnt mind a few faces to BS with. I havent worn my waders in months, the water i ve been fishin is plenty warm......i probably should pull them out of the garage though.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Natomas??? lets choose some where else....Ponds, rancho seco!!! anywhere but natomas.. Oct 6th won't work..100% TOC gotta fish it! any other day!! I want in can we change the date?? If it has to be Natomas I will do it..
100% LL
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Hey seriously I didnt know Natomas had a good bass population. I have caught more rattle snakes down by willow creek there than anything else. I have caught a lot of monster trout up by the prison though.
LL
g-man

Post by g-man »

brambo0311 wrote:Hey seriously I didnt know Natomas had a good bass population. I have caught more rattle snakes down by willow creek there than anything else. I have caught a lot of monster trout up by the prison though.
thats what I'm talking about!!
100% LL
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Alright we can change the date and the lake. I was just trying to get things going.

Rancho Seco sounds great. Never been there but lets go. As for the date. I am open every date in October except the 20th and 21st as my daughter has a basketball tournament.

Hey Gman we gonna let this guy use a kayak?

Lets go with 10/13/07. This is a Saturday. How long are we going to fish til? 12 or 1?
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

There are some BIG unpresured fish in that lake. I have caught 2 smallmouths there that were just under 7 pounds from the shore.

Think about it Trout = big bass and nobody fishes for them.
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

I know there are small mouth there I have caught a few, but to be honest I can pull a 15# rainbow out of there drifting roe by the prison quicker than I could stick a 4# small mouth there. But I dont know I havent fished there for bass in 10 years.
LL
Hammerbm

Post by Hammerbm »

thats a whole month away.....be sure to remind me please. I say lets just fish, it doesnt have to be alot of planning or scheduling, just pick a lake and a time and we'll see who shows up. Even if its 1 or 2 of us thats cool with me. I think its more hassle trying to accomadate for everyone, if they cant make it they cant make it, we'll see you at the next one. no biggie! And I dont see whats wrong with a kayak, if some of you have trolling motors why shouldnt he be able to fish? Whatever it is, lets DO IT!
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Just fish sounds like a plan. I am launching at granite bay after work. be there at 6. Im taken the gregor though. I have been doing good off the dam.
LL
L.Hackney

Post by L.Hackney »

I can only do the weekend of the 6th & 7th...In October
Not that it matters. The show must go on...

Rip, it's your club but I say no Kyack's.. No offense to the guy that wanted to use them at all.
I would think float-tubes and kick boats only...
http://basscat.com/

http://mossdale-boats.com/

http://placervilleflyfishing.com/

http://luckydoginc.net/

http://www.eyesurrenderonline.com/
86ranger

Post by 86ranger »

I think you put too much thought into this. I agree that everyone should have some say but we will be talking til our faces turn blue. As long as everyone knows the rules it will be fair. I think you just set the basic rules such as types of crafts allowed, # of fish, time and length of tourney, and the entry fee and see who shows up. I will be there if I dont have any scheduling conflicts.

We are all not going out there to win money, considering the $5-10 entry fee, we just love fishing and love talking about it. I think if anyone really wants to win money they would not bother with this little turkey shoot idea. Those who want to win money should fish the organized tournaments . Your idea of a tournament sounds like it should just be for fun and to meet others that share our passion.

In regards to what kind of boats should be allowed and what shouldnt is up to you Rog. I personally think that as long as it doesnt have a gas engine it should be fine. I have a 86 Ranger(who would have guessed), a kayak, a few rafts, a float tube, and a canoe. You tell me what I can use and i will be there.

I am available any weekend besides this weekend cause I will be in Cabo drinking too many beers.
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

No problem I have a couple of tubes and a pontoon anyway. But I have 7 kayaks that I have only used twice. I can never pass up a deal at the auction on those things, and the kids love them. Hey man I will be there if its water wings and fly rods only I dont care. Except for the oct 20-21 tourny at shasta.
LL
Hammerbm

Post by Hammerbm »

Tell me why no Kayaks? I dont own one, but i dont see the logic in not letting them fish. He's either rowing with his hands, (which in all reallity would probably be a disadbantage) or using a trolling motor right? Whats the difference between a pontoon with a motor or a kayak. If you want a level playing feild make it all man powered, no motors at all! Not complaining one way or another...i just didnt understand the no kayaks. Brambo i would love to join you....but i have daddy duty tonight. If your headed out tomorrow or saturday let me know.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Alright if your giving me the power then here it is. I am not one to discriminate so I will say that any floating device that does not have a gas engine on it is acceptable (your choice). You want to attach 2 logs to some plywood then have at it.

We will fish for five 13 inch fish and do a paper weigh in. Honor system.

The first tourney will be Saturday October 13 at Rancho Seco. ( I will need directions).
Anyone want to pre fish on the 6th let me know.

The fees are simple $11.00 10 goes to the main pot and the other 1 goes to big fish. We will pay 3 places with our current field. 50% to the winner and 25% to second and third. Big fish will be paid to only one person.

You will need to have a measuring board belly or flat doesnt matter to me, hand held digital scale and something to write with.

We will fish for 6 hours during these events.

The big thing is having fun and making new friends and some friendly competition. I dont want any politics as that just ruins the fun. NOW LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE.

Rodger
86ranger

Post by 86ranger »

Sounds good to me and I will be there. Can you post a reminder for those that have a short term memory problem?
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Has anyone ever got a leg cramp in your tube. And your stuck with only one worken leg going in circles hyperventalating. I hate that things always look closer than they are and you start haveing problems halfway there. My work blocked my access to this site I guess no more fun during breaks. Will have to check at home. Oct 13th my b-day I hope I can make it.
LL
Hammerbm

Post by Hammerbm »

not to make it difficult....but im not really trying to measure, write down, and then have to go back and look if this fish is bigger than that fish. Especially with a 5 fish limit. When i float tube my ponds and i stick a good fish, always weigh him and toss him back, thats it. Im not gonna forget what that scale said. Just make it big fish or 2 biggest fish. Im sure we could all remember 2 weights of 2 different fish right? That way no need to write anything down, If it is a real hog....then wave someone over to verify and keep fishing. I wouldnt even call it a entry fee.....more like an optional pot, if you wanna just fish, then come out and just fish. If you wanna little freindly wager then join the pot, no biggie either way. And if you only get 3 or 4 tubers you still gonna pay out top 3? thats another reason i think it should be big fish or best 2 and winner takes all. And 6 hours is probably no biggie to the kayakers and motorists....but thats a good leg workout if your covering water....and at a place like Natoma ive had horrible luck and get extremley discouraged, i couldnt see myself stickin it out for a whole 6 hours if the bites tough! maybe thats just me though, or maybe im just out of shape. Im just trying to make things easier.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

You would not have to go back and see what fish is bigger than the previous. Simply write down all of your fish and we will take the best 5 when we do the totals. as for measuring I have 2 thoughts on it. So whatever I guess since we are not transporting we could officially not measure and if you catch a 3 inch fish that weighs 1 ounce you could write it down.

My float tube has a ruler thing on it doesnt everyones? I think it is part of the stripping basket that I will never use. I will use my greese pencil and a piece of plastic to write on this should be realativley water resistant.
Hammerbm

Post by Hammerbm »

Im down to roll with it...we'll see how it goes. I think the smaller waters is a good idea....more condusive to us tubers, i just wish it were closer! If anybody is down for some fun-fishing tomorrow evening let me know....i could probably put you on some new waters. I'll be going out saturday morning too.
g-man

Post by g-man »

As long as there is no gas motor.. lets just fish Rancho Seco!!

5 fish 13in or bigger

7 to 2pm the place don't let you in til 7:00am

first, and second place pay out only!! 75% to first 25% for 2nd

writing down on paper the weight s is no big deal, when you get your six keeper just erase the smallest one you got!! Oct 13th perfect!!! Be ready to get your a$$es handed to you!! hehe! I will bring more than just me to fatten up the small pot a little more! All in fun be honest. Its a good way to meet some new people. Cause when I'm not doing a tourney, I always go tubing! Vote now 13th Rancho??????

I vote yes!!!!
100% LL
Barry Watson

Post by Barry Watson »

Some years ago I would fish Natomas all the time. We caught a ton of bass out of there. At Negro Bar, we found some ways to get in behind the blackberry bushes on the other side of the lake. There were a lot of pockets and little canals in there.

On the other end, we had some big dredger ponds that had entrances from the main lake. They were full of bass, huge bluegills ( some to 2 pounds) and big catfish. I would imagine there are spots in there now from Folsom. the big largemouth were up willow creek.
Oldlures
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

Rodger,

Thx for the invite, but sorry to say my buddy has my float tube at this time. Maybe if I get it in the near future, I'll let you know, I'm definitely up for some tube bassin.

All the best,
BassManDan
BassManDan - 1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite

"In the spirit of akido, sh-sh-sh-shaaa."
-Dale Gribble from TV's "King of the Hill"

"It would be the best of all possible worlds were it not for religion."
- John Adams, 1776
CATCHEMCARO

Post by CATCHEMCARO »

Sounds like fun. Don't forget to post your result. Put up a post on the SCBBBC Forum and the Bass-N-Tubes forum. This would be where you'll get alot of interest from float tubers all over California. I might even have to attach the ol trolling motor to the Bass Tech kick boat and join ya. Ever think of having it on the Delta?

Rich
WWW.SCBBBC.COM
http://catchemcarobaits.com/index.html
86ranger

Post by 86ranger »

What about after work on a weekday?
Hammerbm

Post by Hammerbm »

yeah like today!?
g-man

Post by g-man »

Hammerbm wrote:yeah like today!?
would be nice, but i gotta get ready for a Delta tourney this weekend!!
100% LL
Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

If we're fishing for Trout, I'm all in...

Sounds like a good time to me, Thanks Rog!
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

NCBF better watch out or we will be calling this the NCBF no gas motor any floating device nutcase classic.

And after it is over I am sure we will have some smack talking especially if G-Man wins. Oh god they will have te create another forum just for him. Har Har....
g-man

Post by g-man »

RipnRog wrote:NCBF better watch out or we will be calling this the NCBF no gas motor any floating device nutcase classic.

And after it is over I am sure we will have some smack talking especially if G-Man wins. Oh god they will have te create another forum just for him. Har Har....
haha!! lmao!! i will be modest!!
100% LL
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Hey Rich by all means bring that bad boy on out. I would love to look at some of the things they did to it and get some ideas of things I can do to mine.

I am sure we will get to the Delta someday but we are trying to get something going here in the Sacramento area so we will keep the first few kind of close. I am going to post on your forum as well. This is some fun stuff man.

Rodger
g-man

Post by g-man »

I have a few extra tubes, fins, etc.. If some one needs anything!
100% LL
madddogg

Post by madddogg »

If it's the 13th of Oct I'll be out of town but I'm in for any future dates. Any just fun fishing days during the week let me know. Work schedule is fairly loose with enough notice. Need to get out and buid up the rowing and kciking muscles.
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

I found a picture of a good pontoon boat. How do I post it on here. I click img but it just does this.[img]Anyways%20folsom%20was%20not%20good%20last%20night.%20%20Lots%20of%20wind,%20big%20waves.%20%20Got%205%20in%202%20hours.%20%20Nothin%20but%20dinks.%20%20Hey%20if%20some%20one%20shows%20up%20and%20doesnt%20have%20a%20tube%20I%20am%20sure%20I%20will%20bring%20a%20few%20extra.%20%20Nothin%20fancy%20but%20it%20will%20have%20rod%20holders%20waders%20and%20fins.%20%20Or%20shoot%20me%20an%20email%20and%20i%20will%20bring%20a%20extra%20kayak.[/img]
LL
Hammerbm

Post by Hammerbm »

anyone headed out this weekend?