What lake should I go to break my boat in?

Tm Customs

What lake should I go to break my boat in?

Post by Tm Customs »

Hey guy's I just got my boat back from Lyle tonight, complete re-build I need to go break my motor in at a lake I mostly fish the delta. What lakes are w/ in 1.5 hours from sac. and are doing good right now?

Thanks

Taylor-
Taylor
"Tm Custom Baits"
=============
http://www.calfishing.com/gallery/tmcustoms
Barry

Berryessa

Post by Barry »

The fishing should be good and it has nice long straight streches to run and vary your RPM. Thats where I broke mine in. Good luck.....Barry
NaCl

Re: What lake should I go to break my boat in?

Post by NaCl »

Might want to go to Pardee. There are no ski boats or jetskis allowed. Since you need to spend most of your time riding around putting hours on the powerhead, this is a great place to do it safely. Its a pretty good fishery so when you're done with a tank of gas, you can drop the trolling motor and enjoy the bass.

....NaCl
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Berryessa is outright tough right now, early morning topwater is very very slow, main body points with worms and lizards either texas or carolina rigged will produce a few.
Throwing senko's to shade pockets might pick up something.
Over all Beryessa is not worth the drive right now!

Spend an extra 45 min. on the road and head to Clear Lake, fish the north and south ends to break your boat in.

Good luck with the boat and take some frogs!
dobynsrods.com
oasiswatersport.com
pepperjigs.com
clearlaketackle.com
laserlures.com
Tm Customs

Post by Tm Customs »

I wanted to go to clear lake it is just to fasr from me about 2.5 hours I am goonna have to do something closer.
Thanks
Taylor
"Tm Custom Baits"
=============
http://www.calfishing.com/gallery/tmcustoms
Bill kizer

Post by Bill kizer »

Oroville is very hot, temp wise that is. However, bass fishing is fair. For this time of year, (in my humble opinion) it's very good though.
It's over the hour and a half from Sac that you want though. When I go I also get there @ 5 AM.
Bill
Hipster

Oroville.............

Post by Hipster »

You can launch, run way up the North Fork, then back across the main boady to the South Fork turn around and go back to the middle fork enjoy great scenery with the lake so full. This will get you a good hour and a half and that motor. Then toss jigs up in the middle fork and have a blast!!! weekend before last I did some break in time on my motor then the wife and I boated thirty or so fish in a few hours up on the steep walls before you get to the ski bouys GREAT TIME with the lake this full and the debris has subsided.

Pardee as Dean said would be my second choice but it's a smaller version of Oroville so lots of circles driving and same scenery!!

Hipster
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark