is it true that all the woman's B.A.S.S. events will be...

Rich hamilton

is it true that all the woman's B.A.S.S. events will be...

Post by Rich hamilton »

held on the west coast? just trying to make light out of a serious disrespect problem for west coast anglers! I am happy for the likes of carol martens and the other ladies who compete out west. it might be a real stretch for them to make the trip to the east on unfamiliar waters. In general I think it is a great marketing move by B.A.S.S. and is just another byproduct of the corporate competition between BASS and FLW resulting in continued growth for all of us.
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
kb

I really don't like the womens circuit idea

Post by kb »

The women flat don't need a women's only circuit. There is one out there that draws 45-60 women (WBFA). I really don't see the problem with the women fishing the Opens, The Tour whatever they choose to fish or qualify to fish.

Carol, Debbie Blanchard, Melinda and Lucy Mize, Kim Bain and all the other ladies that are fishing the BASS events and the Everstart events out here are true competitors and great representatives of our sport. Were just not sure about Kim's choice of boyfriends (sorry Andre I had to do it). I am sure that BASS won't be holding any of the womens events in the West and let's all hope they don't get stupid and take the LPGA stance and try to force these ladies out here to fish only the Womens BASS circuit.

I have drawn several of the ladies and had great days with them. I fished with Joann Martinez this year at Everstart and she was a great partner. I had the chance to fish with Kim Bain on one of the practice days at BASS and she is an awesome angler (note I didn't say fisherman) cause some lady straightened me out long ago at a boat show when I used that term.

I fished tournaments with my mom in the 80's and she could flat out catch them.

You ladies need to keep fishing the Opens and Everstarts, FLW Outdoors, WON Bass and whatever you want.
BassTraveler

I agree with kb...

Post by BassTraveler »

They can flat out fish...just like the rest of us, plus it gives me something to look at...other than just kb. Har!!
NaCl

Ditto on kb's rant!

Post by NaCl »

In some sports, women have a natural disadvantage of size or strength. It simply makes sense for them to have their separate organization in such events. But nothing in bass fishing favors men over women. Our sport relies on quality of equipment, skill at presentation (accurate casts, etc), reflexes and, most importantly, making good decisions. Women do NOT take a back seat to men in any of those categories. There's no reason to set up a "bunny slope for little girlies". It's simply disrespectful to women in our sport.

Just my $.02

.....NaCl
profisha1

I agree kent

Post by profisha1 »

I made a post on bass fan about this issue the other day. I dont think that the woman fishing circuit is needed. BASS already swears that their pocket is stretched and and their tour payout is a laughing matter. They increased the entry fees in the opens and decreased the payback. They are going to have challanging time with the tour next year keeping full fields and making people happy. Bass is doing this for publicity but I feel that they are trying to do to much and making major changes every year. This is a sport where size and strengh doesnt make a difference even though GARY Dobyns is a mule. This is a sport where it is you against the fish, not you agains a competitor. These women have every right and opportunity to qualify for the tours. Yes few do because the percentage of women who are trying is small and the competition is extremely tough. Just imagine how challanging the competiton is at the tour level when you fishing against the beszt of the best. I think that this is another stupid mistake by BASS in the quest to try to stay ahead of the game. Except they keep falling behind.

Just my .02
RJ Bennett
Rich hamilton

you can look at it as sexism...

Post by Rich hamilton »

But the interview I watched was from a true marketing professional trying to grab any and all potential dollars. Nowhere was it ever mentioned about women and men and the "level" playing field etc. If people think that is what this implies than that is your opinion. In my opinion it would be a disaster for anyone to insinuate a difference between the sexes. I think the message was women competing against women period. I could list all the sports and differences but it does not matter. what we have here is super growth with growing pains which results in frustrated people. Read George kramers article about B.A.S.S. in a recent won bass publication, like I said everyone has their own opinion, george, I will fly you out to pittsburg just stop pouting HAR! What I am really trying to say is watch the boxing match between the two bigs and realize that we are on the winning end just sitting in the audience. These people are bought into and convinced about bass fishing and that means growth, opportunity and happiness for all of us bottom feeders. P.S. I would like to say hello to all the "concrete ghetto boys" from california! let's take a trip to cutting blvd in richmond and macarthur blvd in oaktown I will show you scared. :D :D
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix