Idiot water skiers on folsom lake Saturday

bassbassbass

Idiot water skiers on folsom lake Saturday

Post by bassbassbass »

The lack of common courtesy is never displayed elsewhere as it is saliently as it is except on Folsom Lake. Water skiers were blasting past us bass fisherman up the North Fork of the American and within 50 feet of us. (Two Boats). They had no regard for anyone. I had to swing the bow out to nose into their wake repeatedly to keep from getting swamped. I tried to ease my boat out into their way to get them to slow down and all I got was their finger. At the end of the day I spotted a park ranger and showed him the photos of the offenders with the cf #s visible and he informed me that if he did not see it himself he could not do anything about it. He also said that they do not get patrol boats on the weekends and would not have one until Tuesday. I did notice that he had time to give some bass fisherman warnings that fished the turkey shoot that were hurrying in and exceeding the 5 mph. However the bass fishermen's actions were not nearly as egregious as the skiers. I would love to see the bass fisherman when this happens to block off the arms of the forks with their boats so that those idiots would be impeded from dangerous behavior.

What can be done to eliminate some of this behavior on Folsom Lake. My significant other hates for me to fish that lake because I either get so frustrated and rant and rave when I get home or I end up saying things to them and almost get into it with them.

What do you guys see as practical suggestions to make Folsom Lake a respectable place to fish once again?
Guy Kelley

Re: Idiot water skiers on folsom lake Saturday

Post by Guy Kelley »

Have a small but very loud cannon mounted to the bow of your boat. When offending skiers show up, Touch it off with or with out (optional) buckshot across bow of offending boat. THAT should get there attention PDQ. :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

Running up Jolly Ranger on the light pole would be a nice touch too.
AT that point is when you decide to board or not :P

I think it would only take a shot or two to slow most down but with Wakeboarders it might take a round or two more. They can be a tad thicker than most :!:
Yeah ? It's Me Again, SO WHAT!!!!!
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

I was astounded at the Wake board boats showing up when the lake is clearly marked 5mph. New years day around 1 -1 :30 three of them in a row.

I have been rehabing and getting out for a few hours a day lately,
gotta stop though that granite is mother on the deck carpet. :lol: :lol:
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Yeah I fished that turkey shoot and was getting my *** chewed for exceeding the speed limit. In the mean time the ranger is parked on the ramp and blocking everything. And the punk trying to launch in a wet suite with a wake boat with a jump attached to side is wondering what the hold up is. Ranger doesnt give that dude a second look. Thank you parks and rec for protecting me from myself, if it wasnt for you the public would probably swallow there own tongue from stupidity. :lol: Hey but Kudos to the officer that fished the the turkey shoot with us and talked smokey down. Thanks...
LL
Steve

Post by Steve »

A soft swimbait with the hooks cut off is usually an excellent tool that can be used to make a point.
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I got the "stank eye" when we came in from weigh in on the first.

I totally disagree with this whole 5mph thing as most of you know. I try my best to adhere to it though. A couple times out I never even started the big motor, but on the way in Tuesday, I said it out loud to Brandon, I just want to blow some of this carbon out. I had the motor up to WOP for about 30 seconds. Wouldn't you know it, the ranger is watching. They never see me doing the right thing :( .

I don't know what the answer is. I to have had more problems at Folsom than any other water, and in the shortest period of time as well :x , not including this speed restriction.

Besides that, the bites been good :D .
I had to come back...I know...
Buzzbait

Post by Buzzbait »

Violence is always the answer. It can solve most problems.
[img]http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/16813/7d/www.walmart.com/i/catalog/modules/G0040/walmart_logo2.gif[/img]
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

I was just typing a really long post about these wake board boats, and cyclic rate of fire. But I am going to leave this one alone. I come off plane when I see another boat or a guy in the water, I would expect the same coutesy when I am fishing. But honestly the next guy who circles the tin boat trying to sink me is going to get a real suprise. I should also start looking for a good defence attorney, and I think visitation is on tuesday at Folsom prison. :lol:
LL
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

Too many horror stories!!!!

That's why I never fish Folsom.

BassManDan
BassManDan - 1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite

"In the spirit of akido, sh-sh-sh-shaaa."
-Dale Gribble from TV's "King of the Hill"

"It would be the best of all possible worlds were it not for religion."
- John Adams, 1776
bahlzar

Post by bahlzar »

i was in the north fork 2 weeks ago and also saw a wakeboarder blazin up there......only good thing about it is he was good, doin flips and rolls & 360's....but wheres a ranger when ya need one..

Post by brambo0311 »

Just a random thought, but will aligators survive in our lakes.. :twisted: They got to eat somethin right?
LL
BShafer

Post by BShafer »

That 1ton rig isn't just for dragging bottom, as for technique you just don't lead a boat as much as you do a jet ski. It's always nice to reach out and show your appreciation when appropriate. :twisted: Be forewarned this action can and at times will lead to an in depth discussion about both parties actions with a physical confrontaion at the end.

BShafer
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Toruim, trevala, 100lb braid and a 2 lb squid jig on the deck year round. :lol:
LL

Post by Guest »

:evil: :twisted: Super Spooks work,pick it up as they approch,
and they drop the rope...
Slippy

Post by Slippy »

i think that was Joe W waterskiing.
LL
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

brambo0311 wrote:Toruim, trevala, 100lb braid and a 2 lb squid jig on the deck year round. :lol:
skolnuts

Post by skolnuts »

Yeah they drive me nuts on the delta. Alot of times you can hear them coming for miles, at least i do. So as they approach i turn and pretend as though i never knew they were there and make the motions of one hell of a homerun cast. I normally get the stank eye after words, but f%#k em. I guess if were to catch a skier/boarder they would but up one hell of a fight, i better use braid....
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Yep the one in the picture on the bottom, I have one bigger and a few that size and smaller. I am pretty sure that will punch a hole in a wake boat. But like skolnuts says keep a sucker socker handy in case they start flopping around. If I could only get gary dobynes to make me a 10' swim bait rod with a bayonette lug. :lol:
LL
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

Man o man if ya even showed some dude on a wake board the squidy bait on the end of yur brade, :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am sure they would be brown stains in his shorts and raised hair, with great big eyes starring :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh shoot my side hurts from just laughing at the thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
optichamp

Post by optichamp »

Hmm, I enjoy a challenge. :twisted:

Bond. James Bond. Don a wet suit & scuba, steal a jet ski, use it to torpedo a ski boat, smoothly step off just before the colision, submerge, slip away to safety as both problems sink. Two birds dead with one stone. :twisted:

Okay, okay, kidding on the stolen torpedoes. :oops:

If the speed abuse is consistent, and the location permits, stealthily position a couple hundred feet of floating rope appropriately in the abused 5 mph zone. Proceed to fish the area as you see fit. Boaters obeying 5 mph will see the rope in plenty of time to turn and go around it. Gonzo skier/wakeboarder will not, and will soon find said rope twirling in a large bundle on the end of their driveshaft. If asked for help, sell them cable cutters for $100 cash. If questioned, shrug and say you saw it when going 5 mph and just went around it. If no violations occur, stop and pick up the rope when you leave the area so as to not litter. Plead good citizenship if observed picking up rope, call it somebody else's litter.

Jet boats and jet skis are a tougher problem. An aluminum can in their pump inlet would be good, but hard to discretely position.

Ahem, okay, okay, the above is for entertainment value only. :oops:

Make video of offending skiers. Clearly show CF numbers and the fact that they are in a 5mph zone. Post on YouTube, make title of video "Illegal Renegade Skiers". Send e-mail to local Eyewitless News TV station and direct them to the video.

8)

I will add, I do have good friends who are avid skiers and jet skiers. They obey 5 mph zones and don't harrass fishermen. 8)
"The wine was bad, but not dull. It took the enamel off your teeth and left it on the roof of your mouth."

-Ernest Hemmingway, A Farewell to Arms
gonads

Post by gonads »

PaintBall gun ............................................. good fun
"GOD made me a reasoning preadator, Bow hunting and Bass fishing forces me to be the best i can be."
basstrophy

Post by basstrophy »

Stop the speeders as they come to you, wave them down. Then just as nicely as you can let them know they are breaking the law.

If they continue to break the law then remind them they are number "one".... by waving your middle finger to them.

<*(((((><
Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

A soft swimbait with the hooks cut off is usually an excellent tool that can be used to make a point.
No hook?? What fun is that? I was taught to use the biggest bait with the most hooks you have available.. :lol:

Sorry, I can't mention any names.
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

god you guys are sick,sick,sick.!!!!!!

oh lord a rope and James bond, stop it :!:

I cant breath,HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Make's me happy I never took it up as a sport, I got enough problems with just fishing & knot tying :roll:
Jerkbait0071

Post by Jerkbait0071 »

Yeah I seen those idiots and could not believe that they were even out there.
www.xtremeglove.com
www.bpboatcenter.com
dockboy

Post by dockboy »

Theres a problem on Castaic too, but thank god we have a good life guard boat there. They really keep down to a minimum, compared to what it could be in this area. But you get the idiots anywhere pleasure boating is allowed. I don't mid them wakeboarding or speeding around, as long as they're safe and on the main lake or ski arm. But the wakeboarders and jet skiers have given me a lot of problems. Pretty funny to see the real jerks eat it too. Last year on out the upper lake, there was this total wipe just blasting through on his board. About a hundred yards past us, he screwed up, fell off on about a 15 foot jump and face planted at about 50mph. :lol: That's karma I guess....
straitline

Post by straitline »

Thats A mess What A bunch of cry babies!!! If you dont like it go somewhere else!!!! LOL