Need a good rat l trap rod

Tm Customs

Need a good rat l trap rod

Post by Tm Customs »

I am looking to get a good rod to throw rat l traps in the delta I like the loomis MH but the rear grip is too short. I know the lamiglas is the prefered blank but a bit heavy in weight for me what other blanks are good for crankbaits and light in weight? Also who can build it for me I tryed emailing Steve w/ no reply.

Thanks
Taylor
"Tm Custom Baits"
=============
http://www.calfishing.com/gallery/tmcustoms
billythekidd44

Re: Need a good rat l trap rod

Post by billythekidd44 »

I like the loomis cbr 845 myself.If I were to go custom I would check one of forhans rods out,I here the seeker blank is the shiat.check it out.
http://www.revolverrod.com/customrods.htm
Beach Steve Biechman

After looking

Post by Beach Steve Biechman »

at Revolver I'm going to have to raise my prices. I'm only asking $175.00 for my custom Seekers with SIC guides.
TM the E-mail must have gotten lost in cyber space. I didn't get it.
Beach
Try Cell 530-604-5277
Beach Steve Biechman
Ken Mah

Beach does great work

Post by Ken Mah »

He made me 3 CB847 Loomis rods with the longer handles last year.

They are top notch in quality.
Ken
Tm Customs

Post by Tm Customs »

He is making me a seeker right now :D
Taylor
"Tm Custom Baits"
=============
XMAN

Post by XMAN »

i for years have used k-mart mitchell rods for my rattle trapping--6 1/2 ft MH long handle for about 25 bucks--caught tons of blackies and 8-10 lbs stripers, never broke a rod
mark poulson

Xman, right on!

Post by mark poulson »

No disrespect to custom rod builders, but you can catch fish on store brand rods from Cabelas and Bass Pro.
A rattle trap in the 1/4 to 3/4oz. throws great on a 7' med. action rod. Bass Pro Extreme rods ($79-$99) have a great grip called a power hump, which I think Diawa started. Once you get use to throwing them, other rod handles feel skinny.
I have G.Loomis, Shimano, Falcon, Phenix (sounds like a typical bass fisherman, doesn't it, I am). I find I can throw both cranks and spinnerbaits all day with the BP rods. The 7' gives you unbelievable distance, and the med action lets you throw this stuff really well.
I still love other rods for pitching, flipping, swimbaits, but for cranking and blades, I don't see any reason to spend more.
Remember, the hardest thing is finding the fish. Once you do that, they won't know what you're thowing, only you will.
Mark
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Tm Customs

Post by Tm Customs »

Mark I have a extreme and it's a great rod but when it comes down to it and your super serious into fishing you may just want that extra special rod that is 100% tecnique specific. Fact is people would not be using the older fibergalss blanks anymore if they were not better for cranks.

PS in my experence a M action is not a great choice for the delta
Taylor
"Tm Custom Baits"
=============
Dan Rechs

Post by Dan Rechs »

I never used to think about this until someone mentioned it on the forum a few months back.

I needed a new curado so I ordered it from Bass Pro. I figured they are the same price everywhere so why not spend an extra $20 and get an extreme XPS rod with it? I got the Heavy action 7'6" and love the feel of it. My only problem is the "Made In China" sticker on the bottom.

I am not going to think bad about pepole who by imported stuff, Hell with most products you have to by the imports, and like I said, it is a good rod. Personally though, I am not going to get another rod from BPS. I now realize why they can sell decent rods so cheap.

If you fish more than twice a year, it is well worth it to get a higher quality rod that is made in the US. Or better yet get one specially made or you. All my other rods are Lamiglas and are made in the best country on earth.

Just my opinion,

Dan
mark poulson

How come we get pissed at people in China for trying to make

Post by mark poulson »

a living, but not at the American companies that are importing this stuff? They're the ones that moved overseas, and took the jobs with them.
Mark
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Dan Rechs

I agree with you Mark

Post by Dan Rechs »

That is why I said, “Personally though, I am not going to get another rod from BPSâ€