Now that we know the cost....I have a Q on Pro/Am tourneys

Buzzbait

Now that we know the cost....I have a Q on Pro/Am tourneys

Post by Buzzbait »

Now that we've hashed out the fair payment schedule for an AM to pay a Pro for a draw tourney....can some of you help me out.

1. What qualifications does an amiture need to have to show up to one of these events?? Can someone like my self, who'se only been fishing for a little while come and expect to participate?

2. Are these tourneys any fun for the AM? I'd expect so because you'd pretty much be getting advice from a seasoned vet...right? Which would help develop your own skill...

3. Do they have such events at Lake Oroville?

4. How much is the entry fee for the AM to participate?

5. Can the AM drink beer while posted on the back deck??? :)

Thanks, old and young alike. :wink:
[img]http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/16813/7d/www.walmart.com/i/catalog/modules/G0040/walmart_logo2.gif[/img]
fish_food

Re: Now that we know the cost....I have a Q on Pro/Am tourne

Post by fish_food »

Buzzbait wrote:5. Can the AM drink beer while posted on the back deck??? :)
See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIhHPBZ2jMw
Joe W.

Post by Joe W. »

fish_food wrote:
Buzzbait wrote:5. Can the AM drink beer while posted on the back deck??? :)
See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIhHPBZ2jMw
Bass murderers!!!
Bill kizer

Post by Bill kizer »

The only qualification is paying the entry fee. Some tournaments are shared weight so you and the pro fish as a team for 5 fish. Many prefer this format over the non shared weight format. In the non shared weight you are in competition against the pro for the fish you are fishing. He catches his 5 fish, you catch your 5 fish. I’ve done both and never had a conflict with the pro.

Lake Oroville does have pro/ams you just need to check the schedules.

Drugs and alcohol are not allowed.

Are they fun................I just fish team tournaments anymore.
Last edited by Bill kizer on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just call me Tule bender
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

About the only qualifications needed are:
1. Be breathing
2. Want and like to fish
3. Have your own gear
4. Not be a total rearend

Now as to if these type tourneys are any fun for an AM, sometimes yes, sometimes no..It mostly depends on your attitude..Of course the attitude of your boater can play a role, but if yours is positive enough the boaters attitude won't matter..Your boater may not always be a seasoned pro..Sometimes your draw may be a boater that has the money for the pro entry fee and owns a boat, but has little to no experience on the lake or body of water you are fishing..You pay your money and take your chances..

I am sure there are events held on Orroville..

The entry fees vary from organization to organization..Non-boater entries are normally less, but then so are the payouts if you happen to finish high enough..

Most, if not all tournament circuits ban the use of alcohol during tournament hours..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Buzzbait

Post by Buzzbait »

Bill kizer wrote: ....Drugs and alcohol are not allowed.

Well hell man...what fun is fishing without crack??? :? :lol: :cry:

J/K. But it is funny that you would lump together drugs and alcohol. Do you really see them as the same thing? When someone askes you if you'd like a beer at a party do you take it like they offered you some angel-dust? :D
[img]http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/16813/7d/www.walmart.com/i/catalog/modules/G0040/walmart_logo2.gif[/img]
Bill kizer

Post by Bill kizer »

Those that have fished the WRL are given the rules at the beginning of the tournament. "if you have any drugs or alcohol give them to me".....or something to that affect by the tournament director.

I always turn down the crack the morning of the tournament. It gives me the shakes.
Just call me Tule bender
g-man

Post by g-man »

Buzzbait wrote:
Bill kizer wrote: ....Drugs and alcohol are not allowed.

Well hell man...what fun is fishing without crack??? :? :lol: :cry:

J/K. But it is funny that you would lump together drugs and alcohol. Do you really see them as the same thing? When someone askes you if you'd like a beer at a party do you take it like they offered you some angel-dust? :D
I'll bring the beer you bring the dust! LOL
100% LL
JRock

Post by JRock »

Buzzbait,

You're Team LL all the way :P !
g-man

Post by g-man »

JRock wrote:Buzzbait,

You're Team LL all the way :P !
Whats that suppose to mean?
100% LL
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Bill kizer wrote:I always turn down the crack the morning of the tournament. It gives me the shakes.
What if you're only finesse fishing and jigging?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
cbwiii

Post by cbwiii »

Buzz:

This will be my 3rd year as a backseater in Pro Ams, so I have a different perspective than the rest
1. What qualifications does an amiture need to have to show up to one of these events?? Can someone like my self, who'se only been fishing for a little while come and expect to participate?
I'd been club fishing for about 4 years but had not caught more than 10 bass in my life when I started with the club, and think I did ok from the beginining, should have started a year or two earlier, but didn't think I was "good enough."

. Are these tourneys any fun for the AM? I'd expect so because you'd pretty much be getting advice from a seasoned vet...right? Which would help develop your own skill...
Pro AMs are a blast!!!! I've learned a ton, met great guys, and almost cried when A/C canceled. I've fished with 13 different pros, and not had a bad experience, all at least good, most great.
3. Do they have such events at Lake Oroville?
A/C did last year and the year before.

5. Can the AM drink beer while posted on the back deck??? :)
I'd drink beer while playing a basketball game before I'd drink during a tournament. I'm a competitor out to win!!! (But that's also most of the pros I've fished with.) Nothing against beer. After this post I'll get another.

If you have never fished any type of a tournament, I'd suggest trying a Federation or a club tournament first.
georgecopple

Post by georgecopple »

the only thing you need to know how to do is "get the net" for the pro. other than that your good.

george
George Copple

Bass Anglers Guide
HookedUpTackle