Fishing New Hogan for the first time

Lookin4Bass

Fishing New Hogan for the first time

Post by Lookin4Bass »

I'm taking my first trip to New Hogan this weekend and am looking for any info that might help to make the trip productive.

I of couse checked the Reports first but there are very few and none particularly current.

Any guidance as to where to focus our efforts would be appreciated.
MT

Re: Fishing New Hogan for the first time

Post by MT »

Split Shottin a brushhog worked the other day. Look for areas that fish will be spawning in soon. Don't be afraid to fish no-nothing banks and flats especially on the northside of the lake where the pockets and coves have warmer water. To make it simple, if you're facing the launch ramp, just start fishing the bank to the right and just keep working you're way towards the campgrounds. Lots of good water and it should be getting good. Mike
MT

Post by MT »

Baby brushhog to be specific. Shakeyhead worked too as should any worming technique.
Lookin4Bass

Post by Lookin4Bass »

Mike - thanks very much for the information.
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

I havent been there in qite sometime. I have never caught a large mouth there but plenty of stripers. Keep your eyes peeled for boils and "nervous water" throw in anything white or silver and blue. You typically wont catch size but you will catch numbers. I hope this helps!
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
Kentuck

Post by Kentuck »

Split Shottin' works well there. Salt-Pepper worms, robo-worms, senkos, jigs and rattletraps. There are some areas with wood, but most banks are bare looking. There has been some grass, looks like the kind from the delta, growing there out a little distance from the bank. I've seen lots of bass on these weedlines. Jerkbaits can be good. Water tends to be clear so stay off the bank a little if it is. I've had thirty bass days there. Some nice one's too. Cloudy days are best.
Lookin4Bass

Post by Lookin4Bass »

One quick note, if you belong to the El Dorado Bass club please disregard anything you read in this thread. This is proprietary information and not for your use.

My use in our upcoming tournament of any of the tips discussed here will be purely coincidental. It's all stuff I'd planned to do anyway. No really.

Thanks again to everyone that's shared your knowledge of the lake.
backlash

Post by backlash »

On tournament day...blast off, put your boat back on the trailer and go to Pardee. Fish the "wrong side" of the buoy line and come back with plenty fishes in time for weigh-in. Any resemblance between this suggestion and past occurences is purely coincidental.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Thanks for the good advice regarding New Hogan. I need it because I fished their today and only caught 2 bass.

Thanks MT, Kentuck and especially Fishing4Bass who posted this thread for the good of the club. What a guy.

"backlash", It would have worked if you hadn't got caught. :P
Richard - Sonora

Hey MT - Way Too Specific!! LOL*NM*

Post by Richard - Sonora »

*NM*