Lake Del Valle

Dan McKenzie

Lake Del Valle

Post by Dan McKenzie »

This is a warning to all the use this great little East Bay lake. My last two trips I have noticed an element of certain types of low life hanging around, witnessed a pit bull attack on a family and their pet collie, walking to my truck I saw what appeared to be a smash and grab the truck next to me had been busted into and ransacked, all of this in daylight hours.

This weekend one of my co-workers camped with several families, while out on the water two of the three trucks were broken into, (some kind of device was used that actually pulled the lock completely from the door) a purse, wallet and various items stolen from the vehicles.

I don't really know what you would attribute this change to, maybe a sign of the times, maybe some change in management at the lake, I really don't know, but I thought I would pass it on to others that may use the lake.
Quantum_Kid

Re: Lake Del Valle

Post by Quantum_Kid »

Thank you for informing us. My dad and I go there sometimes as it it close to our house. Probably won't go there as often anymore :evil:

What is the world coming to???

Scott
~Scott Trummer~
AKA Tom's Netboy

www.quantumfishing.com
www.sufix.com
www.blackdogbaits.com
www.menditglue.com
L Dub

Post by L Dub »

I hate that lake anyways...
David Rogers

Post by David Rogers »

Hey Dan,
Do you think you should put a warning in the Report page on this web site? I did it when someone broke into my truck and my brothers car at Shasta 3 years ago, we had a total of $1600.00 to $1800.00 worth of stuff stolen and damage, there had been over 20 brake in and no signs were posted and the Sherrif was mad that she had to come out to Jones Valley camp ground and do another report, that is what she told me on the phone.
David 371V Rogers
Slippy

Post by Slippy »

dont ever speed on Del Valle in the summer time unless you want a ticket. Also make sure you have a throw device and life jackets..... oh and your registration with you.

Can you tell i had a pretty good ticket a few summers ago.
LL
stevey

Post by stevey »

Del Valle is one of my favorite lakes.

i noticed some things are changing there, too. last sunday, i was in my boat when i heard the dog attack by the picnic area. i was really surprised.

it's a 10 mph lake, and i was surprised to see 2 power boats up on plane in the narrows. i'm glad the lifeguards weren't doing their testing at the time. boats on plane won't happen between Memorial and Labor Day. besides the boat patrol, they have a helicopter on the ridge. I've been stopped 2 times out by the dam for getting up on plane (no tickets).

and yes. memorial day is when the rangers look for the throwable floatation devices (with rope attached), PFD for everyone in the boat, updated fire extinguishers, and boat registration. i've never been asked for proof of insurance.

i'm usually on and off the water before the crowds show. besides, that's the best time to fish. the low life's don't seem to get up that early.