Powell or Dobyns Jig rod????

biteme

Re: Powell or Dobyns Jig rod????

Post by biteme »

Slippy wrote:I think if Gary had a over the counter exchange similar to Shimano i would be more incline to buy a BDO rod.
If that happens Ill sale my Powell's. I had three powell rods that needed to be swaped. I had them for eight months waiting for a local store to get the same models in. It was do that or send them in along with 35.00. So I would have had to pay shipping. So I just waited. Out of my 10 Powell's I had two guides come loose and one crank rod break on a cast. I love my Powell rods but the guides seem to have a problem.
NaCl

Tarpons and houseboats...

Post by NaCl »

That's a decent Tarpon! Did you "swing" it into the boat with that stout Powell Flippin Stick?

Just before I sold my boat, I was up the Middle Fork on Oroville when this guy in a houseboat flagged me down. Said his pregnant wife was feeling some labor pains but his houseboat engine wouldn't start. He also had six small kids on the houseboat that he couldn't leave alone. Asked me to tow him back to Bidwell. Of course, I agreed.

Problem is, neither of us had a long rope!

I figured it was an emergency, so I grabbed my Dobyns Swimbait rod...the one with the 80# test braid...and I tied on to the front of that houseboat. It took almost two miles to get on pad, but I got that family back to Bidwell before the baby was born! Only damage to my Dobyns Rod came when I used it to push the houseboat up against the dock...broke the damn ceramic in the tip! I'm hoping Gary will authorize a free replacement, even though it was my fault! HAR HAR!

.....NaCl
Triton Mike

Re: Tarpons and houseboats...

Post by Triton Mike »

If anyone doubts Powell doesn't break I got not 1 but three Broken Powell Rods. I've nicknamed them POWS for that very reason as they all broke in the same day. Hence the plural POW(s). Pow Pow Pow and I have had others replaced beyond those 3.

I think 3 months is ludicrous to get a rod replacement as stated earlier in this thread and on top of that being lied to..

Mike
upriverLMB

Post by upriverLMB »

Triton Mike wrote:If anyone doubts Powell doesn't break
Mike
Hum tring to figure that one out :shock:

Anyone for some peach schnapps?

LMB
LMB
bassenvy

Post by bassenvy »

Triton Mike wrote:If anyone doubts Powell doesn't break I got not 1 but three Broken Powell Rods. I've nicknamed them POWS for that very reason as they all broke in the same day. Hence the plural POW(s). Pow Pow Pow and I have had others replaced beyond those 3.

I think 3 months is ludicrous to get a rod replacement as stated earlier in this thread and on top of that being lied to..

Mike
that's hiliarious....I've POW'd one of their spinning rods three times :evil: great rod when its in use.
HiroshimaCustoms.com
froteur

Post by froteur »

TTCal wrote:
lunker punker wrote:Steez smeez Perry. Howabout EVERGREEN!!! MEGABASS STILL RULES THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!! Cant wait to get my White Python!!!!!!!!! The Orochi huge contact destroyer with my Ito monoblock XR 100 is unreal,but that python is just balls to tha wall!!! Take care bud.
Jeremy
When did you get that Orochi? Or did you steal Grant's? :lol:

The White Python makes a nice Punker rod by the way ;) :twisted:
i think grant gave it to jeremy at christmas to match the ito monoblock. :D
DPetty

Re: Powell or Dobyns Jig rod???? WARRANTY

Post by DPetty »

Welcome to Dobyns Rods Warranty page.

Your satisfaction is important to us. Gary Dobyns believes that if fishermen trust his company to provide the best affordable rods on the market, then they also have a right to expect good performance from those rods for many years to come. His old-school attitude about warranties is reflected in our warranty policy below. We certainly hope you will never need to take us up on our warranty but things happen and if you ever need to file a warranty claim with us, you can expect the best customer service in the industry!

Dobyns Rods Limited Lifetime Warranty

Thank You for purchasing your new Dobyns Rod! You'll be pleased to know that Dobyns Rods are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner. Please present your sales receipt or proof of purchase when making your warranty claim. Ship the complete damaged rod in a disposable container, prepaid and insured, directly to:

Dobyns Warranty Service
1400 Atlantic Avenue
Woodland, WA 98674

Please include a brief message explaining the problem with the rod, your return address, daytime phone number and a check or money order in the amount of $20 to cover return shipping and handling. If the return shipping destination is other than the United States or Canada, the actual return shipping cost will be assessed.

If the problem is due to a defect in materials or workmanship, the rod will be repaired or replaced as quickly as possible. If the problem is due to an unfortunate accident, misuse, alteration or normal wear and tear, we will advise you of the cost of the repair or replacement and await your approval prior to proceeding. Should we decide to replace the rod but no longer offer that model, we will replace it with the closest comparable model from our current product line.

This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the rod and does not cover consequential damages due to the failure of the rod unless they are specifically included under various state laws.

Dobyns Rods 'No Hassle' Warranty Alternative

If you need to get a replacement rod immediately for that fishing trip tomorrow, simply take the damaged rod to your local Dobyns Rods Dealer and pay them a $50 replacement fee. They will keep your damaged rod and give you a new, same model rod, in return. No questions asked, no shipping, no waiting or wondering about warranty claim charges. This replacement is dependent on the dealer having inventory of your damaged rod model and their willingness to participate in this program.

THIS SHOULD COVER IT!
biteme

Re: Powell or Dobyns Jig rod???? WARRANTY

Post by biteme »

DPetty wrote:Welcome to Dobyns Rods Warranty page.

Your satisfaction is important to us. Gary Dobyns believes that if fishermen trust his company to provide the best affordable rods on the market, then they also have a right to expect good performance from those rods for many years to come. His old-school attitude about warranties is reflected in our warranty policy below. We certainly hope you will never need to take us up on our warranty but things happen and if you ever need to file a warranty claim with us, you can expect the best customer service in the industry!

Dobyns Rods Limited Lifetime Warranty

Thank You for purchasing your new Dobyns Rod! You'll be pleased to know that Dobyns Rods are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner. Please present your sales receipt or proof of purchase when making your warranty claim. Ship the complete damaged rod in a disposable container, prepaid and insured, directly to:

Dobyns Warranty Service
1400 Atlantic Avenue
Woodland, WA 98674

Please include a brief message explaining the problem with the rod, your return address, daytime phone number and a check or money order in the amount of $20 to cover return shipping and handling. If the return shipping destination is other than the United States or Canada, the actual return shipping cost will be assessed.

If the problem is due to a defect in materials or workmanship, the rod will be repaired or replaced as quickly as possible. If the problem is due to an unfortunate accident, misuse, alteration or normal wear and tear, we will advise you of the cost of the repair or replacement and await your approval prior to proceeding. Should we decide to replace the rod but no longer offer that model, we will replace it with the closest comparable model from our current product line.

This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the rod and does not cover consequential damages due to the failure of the rod unless they are specifically included under various state laws.

Dobyns Rods 'No Hassle' Warranty Alternative

If you need to get a replacement rod immediately for that fishing trip tomorrow, simply take the damaged rod to your local Dobyns Rods Dealer and pay them a $50 replacement fee. They will keep your damaged rod and give you a new, same model rod, in return. No questions asked, no shipping, no waiting or wondering about warranty claim charges. This replacement is dependent on the dealer having inventory of your damaged rod model and their willingness to participate in this program.

THIS SHOULD COVER IT!
Ill just keep my Powell's 35.00 over the counter.
jsoregon

Post by jsoregon »

big bass beckstrom wrote:
Terry Smith wrote:
Brian wrote:
I'll give you some input :shock: Did you ever go over to the shop and check out all those Powell's? If you want to borrow one or two to check out let me know.
Thanks Brian.

The wife made it REAL EASY for me :lol: She bought me A Powell 764 YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH BABY !!!!!!!!!!! I SURE LOVE MY WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :D :lol:
Great choice you will love that rod
Another pow-wow... Nice cover guys... :roll: