?towing another boat?

fishercurtis

?towing another boat?

Post by fishercurtis »

:?: Wanting to be helpful if it ever came up, What would the best way to tow another boat on water from my bassboat. Where would I tie off on my boat?
Curtis
It's All About the Hook up
Esin Restaurant & Bar, Revel Kitchen & Bar
DeltaDan

Re: ?towing another boat?

Post by DeltaDan »

Curtis- I was looking at a Towing Harness in the shop I stopped in at yesterday called The Boat Dock. -- On the corner of Hwy4/Bixler road on the South side.

Cool setup and has D-Rings that each attach to your transom tiedowns. Thought about it for when I could possibly need it or someone else possibly would need a tow to keep in the boat.

It has a rope/shackle in the middle and another 20' to a shackle for the bow of the other boat. ... and is designed to keep the slings away from your O/B for the most part.

-- but it was $38 - or $48 ... and another thing my wife does not want me to spend any monies on ! :lol:

call 925-634-5761 and they can tell you what it is called and the correct price.
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I am hoping Dean Sault will post on this. When I had erm issues out on the Delta. Dean took my 50' rope and tied a sling into it to clear the engine, I had a bow hook on one end of the rope and just left his loops that he created in the line for future purposes.

It is scary though if that line parts it will shoot out like a bullet, so be well away from the line and have a knife handy Just in case.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
griz01

Post by griz01 »

I have actually done that. I was at Melones and had just launched with my partner when we saw a guy in a boat paddling. It looked like he needed help so I went. He was out past the 5mph bouys, it was windy and he looked wiped out. He had been rowing in a fairly large aluminum boat from the dam. He threw me his rope and I just wrapped it around the rear pedastol seat post and tied it off. The rope stayed above the motor and my partner just kept an eye on it while we idled back in. Needless to say he was very thankful. Probably not the best way to do it, but it worked.
SHAFT

Post by SHAFT »

I have towed and been towed , one thing I do is on either of the two boats take three or four wraps around a cleat or something similar and then hold the rope that way you can let go and quickly drop the towed boat by letting go of the rope if you get into trouble . Last time I was towed the tow boat went to the right of a piling and shot me to the left if had the tow rope tied we would have had a problem .
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

kind of late to post on this topic, but i will....

make sure you have enough gas to tow someone in! that would be bad if you didn't.

i carry a tow rope.i have one end with the same style hook i have on my trailer to my winch. the other end the same. works great and is simple. i just attach it to my cleat on the drivers side, same hook i use my boat straps for. the other end to the cleat on the bow, same cleat used by your winch.

i towed a cool person on clear lake. i think it was a little before soda bay, then through the narrows down to konocti. that took me about 7 gals going pretty slow.

all in all was well worth it. later that day caught he a 7lb on kermit!

steven
fishercurtis

Post by fishercurtis »

Thanks for the responses. Just want to be able to help a fellow angler/boat in need and not get my prop fouled or pull out a fishing pedestal. I don't have cleats at the stearn on either side. I'll have to check out the kit delta dan was talking about.
Thanks
Curtis
It's All About the Hook up
Esin Restaurant & Bar, Revel Kitchen & Bar