SPRO BBZ-1 Swimbait

SHAFT

SPRO BBZ-1 Swimbait

Post by SHAFT »

Whats your oppion on this bait it's in my price range compaired the the more expensive baits , does the slow sinking and fast sinking sink to the same level just at different rates ?
biteme

Re: SPRO BBZ-1 Swimbait

Post by biteme »

Best bait for the cash hands down! The action and build is great! I would buy the floater first. This is coming from a guy that owns a TON of baits.
wccjanel

Post by wccjanel »

We sell more Floaters than anything. The next in line is the Slow Sink. And, believe it or not, I get a lot of repeat customers buying the same action, time-and-time again. That should tell you something.

You want to fish these more like a jerkbait than anything.

Here's a link:
http://www.thefishicon.com/store-produc ... 18781.html

Support your local shops when you can. All other times, we are here for you.

Peace,
James

www.thefishicon.com
James Nelson
- Fish Inspired -
http://www.thefishicon.com/
ROBTOMLIN

Re: SPRO BBZ SHAD BAITS

Post by ROBTOMLIN »

IF YOU GUYS LIKE THE BBZ-1 YOUR GONNA LOVE THE SHAD BAITS.
I'VE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO WATCH THE R AND D OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS AND THE END RESULT IS GONNA ONCE AGAIN SHAKE THINGS UP IN THE FISHING WORLD. BILL HAS REALLY OUT DONE HIMSELF AGAIN. WHAT A BAIT!!
BassketCase

Post by BassketCase »

I am pretty new to throwing these big baits, but I watched the video and was sold instantly.

I had a club tourny the other day and was having a tough time getting a bite. I thought what the heck and I pulled out the slow sink and started huckin it over some brush piles. About 3 casts later and BAM I got hit hard. I thought.. holy crap this bait is huge, so the fish has to be huge! After a short fight I brought up a nice 3 pounder.

At first I was a little dissapointed that it wasnt that big. The more I thought about it, catching a fish that size gave even more confidence. Now that I know that I can catch fish of all sizes, I feel like I can throw it in any situation.
SHAFT

Post by SHAFT »

Does the slow sinking and fast sinking sink to the same level just at different rates ? Could you please explain the rate of fall , I don't know if I want a top water I was thinking about the slow sinking .
georgecopple

Post by georgecopple »

both will fall to the bottom, just at different sink rates. its like a senko and a senko light. they both go to the bottom but one goes faster than the other.
George Copple

Bass Anglers Guide
HookedUpTackle
wccjanel

Post by wccjanel »

Great way to explain it George.

Shaft, I would go with the Slow Sink first. Its rate of fall is much easier to control, and like BassketCase said, it can be thrown in any situation.

I too, saw some of the testing on the new Shad bait, and it is really cool. But, you've gotta have at least one BBZ-1, and if you have only one, it should be the Slow Sink. Color doesn't matter - Flat Rainbow, Rainbow Trout, and Silver Fish, are all good. i'm saying this as a fisherman; it doesn't matter where you get one, just get one.

Peace,
James
www.thefishicon.com
James Nelson
- Fish Inspired -
http://www.thefishicon.com/
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

BassketCase wrote:I am pretty new to throwing these big baits, but I watched the video and was sold instantly.

I had a club tourny the other day and was having a tough time getting a bite. I thought what the heck and I pulled out the slow sink and started huckin it over some brush piles. About 3 casts later and BAM I got hit hard. I thought.. holy crap this bait is huge, so the fish has to be huge! After a short fight I brought up a nice 3 pounder.

At first I was a little dissapointed that it wasnt that big. The more I thought about it, catching a fish that size gave even more confidence. Now that I know that I can catch fish of all sizes, I feel like I can throw it in any situation.
I had one barely over 4 completely crush the SS BBZ. I could have closed it's mouth and you wouldn't even be able to see the bait. I've had 2lber's crush the floater too.
Getula

Post by Getula »

If you like th BBZ you will love the "Kong" by River2Sea two sizes and two sink rates floater and slow sink I love the 6 5/8" one. It weighs only 3oz and comes in other flavors like Baby Bass and Kokanee. The action is just as good as the bbz and a hole lot easier on the shoulder at the end of the day.

J.P.
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Getula wrote:If you like th BBZ you will love the "Kong" by River2Sea two sizes and two sink rates floater and slow sink I love the 6 5/8" one. It weighs only 3oz and comes in other flavors like Baby Bass and Kokanee. The action is just as good as the bbz and a hole lot easier on the shoulder at the end of the day.

J.P.
The kong looks like a freaking walleye. lol
bpm2000

Post by bpm2000 »

Tin Can wrote:
Getula wrote:If you like th BBZ you will love the "Kong" by River2Sea two sizes and two sink rates floater and slow sink I love the 6 5/8" one. It weighs only 3oz and comes in other flavors like Baby Bass and Kokanee. The action is just as good as the bbz and a hole lot easier on the shoulder at the end of the day.

J.P.
The kong looks like a freaking walleye. lol
thats why i love the perch pattern kong!
SHAFT

Post by SHAFT »

Thanks for all the input guy's , I did not know how many hard swimbaits are on the market now ! I think I am going with the BBZ-1 slow sinker for Clear Lake .
SHAFT

Post by SHAFT »

Thanks for all the input guy's , I did not know how many hard swimbaits are on the market now ! I think I am going with the BBZ-1 slow sinker for Clear Lake .
need_a_kicker

Post by need_a_kicker »

Got my first one today, can't wait to see what I catch with it this weekend.

Kicker :D
dockboy

Post by dockboy »

I like'em. They have great action, are widely available, and good colors. My only complaint is the ball bearing knocker ratte. It works fine most times, but there are days when the fish don't want that clack-clack-clack from a bait like the BBZ. I would be great if they made a version without one. BUt on those days they won't hit a BBZ, they'll usually go for a Triple Trout. :twisted: