Oil Well to be drilled in Franks Tract?

Calistar

Oil Well to be drilled in Franks Tract?

Post by Calistar »

Settle down, its just a hypothetical question.

I was just curious how you would feel if that happened? Not that I am taking a stance either way on this very hot issue, but I was just wondering what you would think if an Oil Well was drilled in the middle of the tract. And maybe one in Whites and one down by Orwood. Would you be in support of it if there was a possibility
it could reduce gas prices? How about the threat of spills? Maybe it would provide good isolated cover? :wink:

again, not taking sides...just bored.

Greg H.
Brian

Re: Oil Well to be drilled in Franks Tract?

Post by Brian »

Damn Greg, You must be bored. When you going to get out and fish one of Rodgers ABA's? Havn't seen you in a while. :wink:
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
L Dub

Post by L Dub »

I think it would bee moot.

1. I don't think the city or the state would ever allow it. To many enviro groups would get up in arms. They'd probably declare it some sort of sanctuary for birds or fish.

2. if they did, it wouldn't affect the gas prices enough to make a difference.

As far as cover for fish, I don't think they would stick around it. Those rigs are always leaking oil in some way. 'Spills' are just when they have mass quantity leaking out.

my $0.02.
Calistar

Post by Calistar »

When you going to get out and fish one of Rodgers ABA's? Havn't seen you in a while.
Trust me, I would love to get out there...but there just never seems to be time these days. I've worked 9 of the past 11 Saturdays :evil: The rest of the time I spend with my family. Every once in a while I get to fish, but not very often (maybe 6-7 times this year!...yeah, I know...sucks). So I have to live vicariously through this forum.

I miss seeing all the guys. Scotty and I had some great times working the FBL. But I am very happy for Roger. He's a great guy and I wish him all the luck.

Hope to see you soon, bri.

Greg H.
bassinholic

Post by bassinholic »

Calistar wrote:Settle down, its just a hypothetical question.

I was just curious how you would feel if that happened? Not that I am taking a stance either way on this very hot issue, but I was just wondering what you would think if an Oil Well was drilled in the middle of the tract. And maybe one in Whites and one down by Orwood. Would you be in support of it if there was a possibility
it could reduce gas prices? How about the threat of spills? Maybe it would provide good isolated cover? :wink:

again, not taking sides...just bored.

Greg H.
Well it depends, you see a lot of the time people that live in an area where oil is being drilled, they receive a monthly devidend check...i.e. Alaska residences (somethine like $2000 a month).....SO yeah why the heck not, might help out with the oil crisis, and get us some lower gas prices...Good idea Greg, Bring on the drillers!! :D
C.T.C.A 4 LIFE!!
Tony M

Post by Tony M »

The Chinese are drilling in Hog & Beaver.
TomL

Post by TomL »

Do whatever you want to the Delta - Just leave Clear Lake alone! :)
Iafrate94505

Post by Iafrate94505 »

TomL wrote:Do whatever you want to the Delta - Just leave Clear Lake alone! :)
Sea Lion Derby......for kids.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

When done right. I dont have a problem with oil drilling anywhere. Whats the differnce with that and the gas storage wells out near Tiki. Anybody seen those fake buildings in L.A. that have oil wells in them or the golf course , I think near hollywood that has wells in a hole surounded by trees between fairways. Or all the wells in the gulf and in the Mississippi Delta. Make for some good fishing spots.
TomL

Post by TomL »

Coyote Hills golf Course in Fullerton has no less than 10 oil dykes going on them! Kinda cool actually - until you fan an errant 3 wood shot into one of them! :)
markscolwell

Post by markscolwell »

With today's technology the environmental impact is ALMOST negligible. That's the funny part about all these polar bear and caribou activist.....they don't know what the hell they are talking about!! I have actually hunted off abandoned dykes and oil storage tanks in south and West Texas...the deer don't give a damn that they are there.

Same thing in the water!! You ever fished oil rigs in the gulf......there is alot of fish hanging out there!!!

Would one well in the middle of franks be worth the cost?no.....Alaska and the gulf .....YES!!!
Whether in the military or in life, Service is the price for living!
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

It probably would not be oil, but natural gas.

My whole feeling on this issue, is the enviro wackos have gained the upper hand.

And everything is wacko.

The best kind of tree hugger is one with a deer hunting stand that is a climber model, and a bow etc.

:D or HAR!

A.G.
Marty

Post by Marty »

Just slant drill you could put the rig in that vacant lot next to Russo’s.

Did you know that Louisiana off shore drilling amounts to 25% of domestic oil production. Also Louisiana produces 33% of fish going to market. They attribute the good fishing to the oil rigs off shore. If fact other states like Alabama and New Jerry are buying the old oil rigs to sink off their shores to better there commercial fishing.

Marty
J.Rios

Post by J.Rios »

With todays tech and environmental watch the impact of the drilling would be much less than the drilling that took place in Alaska to begin with. You may remember a little project called the Alaska pipeline.That project today is in a run to fail state, in other words maitenance is at an absolute minimum to maximize profit.(BP currently controls the section I am speaking of)That means that until they get a leak,rupture, break- not much is done about it.The equipment is now archaic and out of date.

Now the question would have to be--would you want to risk putting this same situation in the middle of ANWR. An area that if oil spills of major quantity happen ,the habitat at conservative estimates will take upwards of 40 yrs. to recover if at all. The plant growing season is very limited and harsh conditions exist most of the year in this part of the world.

This is not only for caribou & polar bear.This part of the world produces a very large majority of North Americas waterfowl. And anyone that has flown the tundra to fish the millions of potholes that are full of various species of trophy fish would have to think a dozen times before saying "Drill it".

As far as the whitetail in west Texas go.You are right they don't care about it.As long as a whitetail has food and a piece of whitetail to chase he will live in your living room if allowed to.(Thats why they have so many special hunts now in populated areas to thin the little bass-turds!!)

Unfortunatly there are no easy answers in this game.The activists I think in this case have a little better handle on this than the oil companies and their lackeys that sit in big white houses looking at Alaska as easy money. I think to them it's kind of like that big ripe peach at the top of the tree that they must have even if they will break the branch to get it.

Now as far as a well in frank's? I think the line of lawyers would be around the block to stop it.The lawyers would be working for various water groups state wide,but probably first and foremost would be EBMUD.They would scream bloody murder at having a drinking water threat less than a mile from their water intakes off rock slough. If something gets loose there might not be enough time to react on their part. If they get oil in their water system your bill will go sky high to clean it up. I really don't think we would have to worry about it that much.

my $.02
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Just think of flippin' those pilings where the grass was once from ...... Hell there would be 20+ boats making a B Line to there from the blast off ... So I could be first to other water in the 2and flight.

Count me as a Yay Vote !! :lol:

Side note ..... I wish at times that gas would hit $6 so I would not have to listen to the ice cream trucks come down the the park they just built !! I swear If I hear Pop goes the Weasel or It's a Small World 30 more times this week- I will go postal !! :evil:
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
markscolwell

Post by markscolwell »

LOL!!! :lol:
Whether in the military or in life, Service is the price for living!
J.Rios

Post by J.Rios »

Damn Dan!!!

You must not have been kiddin' when you said you already spent the college funds. At 6 ducats a gallon fer gas that would be about 7 fer diesel.Are ya gonna get them boys of yours ta pull the truck or what!! You'll be late for blast Off!! :twisted:
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

I can TM all the way to the opening of Little Franks from Russo's ... and not have to worry about losing the big motors's lower unit on high tide. :wink:

Little Franks is Da Snitz for 3" Pink Senkos !! Image
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )