Bad weekend turned out good at SnagProof

bassrockstar

Bad weekend turned out good at SnagProof

Post by bassrockstar »

Was set to fish the SnagProof as a Pro for the first time with a somewhat new partner since I have only been living up here in NorCal for about a year. Well he bailed on me Friday night for some family reasons so I had to make the decision to not fish or maybe fish solo and drop down to the semi pro division. In prefish I was on some good quality fish with not a lot of bites but good ones so i decided to fish solo as a semi pro and foot only half the cost. Saturday morning a 18 year old kid camping at Russo's hit me up to go out as a passenger so I took him since i wasnt sure what was in store at this point. To make a long story short, the spots paid off and we took the Semi Pro division with 30.47 lbs and a big fish of 9.28. The weekend turned out great and the only downfall would have been that I would have made top 3 in the pro division but those guys with 34 and 35 pounds killed it also. I can't wait for next year's Frogs only tournament. Thanks to Gene and the crew and SnagProof for making it a great event and a true one of kind tournament specializing in Frogs and showcasing the big bags they can catch on their own.

Danny Prodoehl

P.S. I may be needing a new partner after this weekend's circumstances so let me know if anyone that is tournament experienced on the Delta needs one for upcoming tournaments.
sTony

Re: Bad weekend turned out good at SnagProof

Post by sTony »

Hey, well done Danny!!!

sTony
optichamp

Post by optichamp »

Dang you weren't kidding Friday night when you said you were good with frogs :D I knew I shoulda asked for tips. 8)
"The wine was bad, but not dull. It took the enamel off your teeth and left it on the roof of your mouth."

-Ernest Hemmingway, A Farewell to Arms
g-man

Post by g-man »

congrats good job! What was the 18 year old kids name?
100% LL
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Sounds like you found a new partner.
longshot

Post by longshot »

Congrates you guys killed the semi pro field!!! Good job finding the fish on both tides.
We had a fun day on sat with 8 fish caught, countless blow ups and ended sat with a little over 12.
Sunday we stunk it up with only 3 blow ups for one 13" fish :oops:
Great job again.
LS
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

WTG dude,,, sounds like a good weekend for sure.......

9lbrs never hurt on game day :D
Marty

Post by Marty »

I read you post just before the tournament but was going out of town - still am.
You came in like a “Rock Starâ€
Kentuck

Post by Kentuck »

Great job. We started out great on Sat. Then didn't land a fish on Sunday. :shock: Couldn't believe it. Worst day I've ever had on the delta. Congrats again.
bassrockstar

Post by bassrockstar »

Thanks for all the kind words. It was a good tourney and Sunday believe it or not we had 5 bites on Sunday. I had one spot that I knew would be good on a high tide and the first 30 minutes of the day had four bites for a 9, 5, and a couple 14 inchers. Didn't have another bite for 5 hours and desperately wanted to cull that dink. Hit that spot again with about 3 minutes before we needed to go to get back in time and first cast a huge blowup and a 6 lber. Serious upgrade!!!
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Someones living life right!

Congrats!
I had to come back...I know...