How many of you fish Foslom lake .

bluefisher

How many of you fish Foslom lake .

Post by bluefisher »

Just want to see the number of people how fish folsom.
And try to put a petition to lift the speed limit
usabassguy

Re: How many of you fish Foslom lake .

Post by usabassguy »

+1
outdoorsman

Post by outdoorsman »

With the 5mph less people hit the underwater obstructions that lurk but a few feet below the surface.
If you petition its only going to get more skiiers on the water, and if the petion doesn't allow skiiers on the water it will never be passed.
Just idle to your favorite spot. It won't take you that long to get there and you will save gas.
Also I can know fish in peace from my kickboat :lol:
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

usabassguy wrote:+1
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
g-man

Post by g-man »

Its a great lake with poor water management.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I fish it, but don't want the ski traffic. Don't mind idling.
Adrian
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

UMMMMMMMMM,

Lately I do FISH it, but catching well that's a different story :lol: :lol:
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Leave the speed limit as is, for safety and for lack of jet skis and wake boaters. Bill K :lol:
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
Calistar

Post by Calistar »

My home lake...someone suggested a while ago, that a 25mph limit would make sense. I agree.

Cali.
biteme

Post by biteme »

THE DEAD SEA!!!
I try to fish the place. Its got me by the shorts! One day I do ok the next not one fish! By far the hardest place Ill ever fish. I was out there a couple weeks ago. I marked MAYBE three fish in a couple hours.
bluefisher

Post by bluefisher »

I have been told by people @ roseville water dep that folsom mite be closed to boating altogether .The new water manager will close the lake if we dont do some thing .And if you dont want this to happen every year.Dont just bend over take it.If every one on this forum that fishes folsom even once a year got togeter and use the power of numbers to get the state to do the job they were hired to do instead of what makes there jobs less stess
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

Its the closest lake to home so I fish it often. I like that the speed limit keeps the wake board boats and jet skis off the lake, but hate idling to my spots. 25MPH seems to make more sense, I doubt that will happen though.
texas john

Post by texas john »

I am in the construction biz here in the Sac area and there is a project that is going to be getting started at Folsom Lake to help the water problem. It is going to be a new spill way system that will allow them to let the lake fill up and not have to open the dam prior to a storm just in case it floods. The impact on the lake will be huge. The theory behind the project is that it will keep the lake levels higher longer since they will have more control over what they let out. Maybe we will be able to run wide open in September one year, that would be nice!
SABP

Post by SABP »

Since most wakeboarders run at 18-22 MPH to do their thing it is just like not having a 5mph limit. Don't think it will fly with anyone.
bluefisher

Post by bluefisher »

Weakboaders are boaters too even if we dont like it !!! Whithout there support we have no chance .So get use to them they are not going anywhere .A fishing only lake is the only thing Folsom is good for with the water going up and down so fast.We all forget that ca is a for profit state and if they lose money its game over .

We can as fishermen try to make it a fishing only lake @ a certan water level and open to all when we have the water to be safe .
This type of thing is possible and if we try as a large group of tax payers and bizz owners we will at least be herd and have a chance at year around use . If you hit anything in your boat blam your self not the state ,you hit the rocks they did not hit you!!!!!!!!!!
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

bluefisher thanks for trying to rally the troops, but don't expect to much help. The people running the show are not listening. kb and Scott lobbied pretty hard last year and nothing happened except more frustration. I've thrown out what I thought have been good idea's out here, just to die on the vine.

It's going to take a lot of money, or a lawyer that has an interest in this and will volunteer their time to challenge the folks running the show.

To all of you that think the 5mph restriction will keep the wake-boarders off the water, you haven't spent enough time out there. Yes the law abiding folks are staying home, but the rowdy type could care less, I've witnessed plenty of it.

Please don't take this as a defeted man's post. Just a little of what's happened in the past around here. I will do what I can, just point me in the right direction.

Maybe we could get the NAACP involved, as our civil rights are being violated :evil: !
I had to come back...I know...
bluefisher

Post by bluefisher »

Thanks Mike i moved to roseville to be close to folsom lake just to learn on one of the hardest lakes in the regon. I thought that folsom would be the best place to get better and it is becouse it is a new lake every week .I love it you have to fish new water every time out and find a new pattern.I fished the delta most of my life and wanted to be more well rounded as a fishermen so moved form San Ramon to roseville becouse of folsom.And now im thinking of getting a downrigger so i can troll to my spots. I am not sure how often most of you go but i have put 30hrs ony merc just ideling this year so far .When not if my motor pops i will be up there *** in a big way.