Bragging on My Grandson playing Football

Sports talk forum
Marty

Bragging on My Grandson playing Football

Post by Marty »

I just wanted to share this with all of you! Plus it is a little bragging on my part. My Grandson Tre Lewis (14 years old) just moved to Colorado Springs, CO from Brentwood CA. and his Dad and Mom (My Daughter) signed him up to pay JV football thinking it would take his attention way from the move. You see I coach him for his first three years of playing football. Just before he left I gave him some advice and told him to keep a low profile and let his hitting speck for him. He is small for his age – that comes from his Dad side!

The day before he was to go tryouts he gives me a call and said that he miss his first week on non-contact week and asked what should he do? Since he missed the first week of non-contact (no pads week) and was going right into full contact week (the low profile was out because the coaches have already started picking their team - it is just the way coaches are). Since he was new and none of the coaches knew him - I told him to pick the biggest kid out on the field and lay him out – square up on him and hit him like I showed him. Well he did and the way his Dad tells the story he pick this kid off his feet and drove him to the ground and the ball popes out! It so happens the Varsity coach was watching and now he is playing both squads, JV and Varsity. By the way he is playing both ways Defense and Offense on both teams.

I cut and pasted part of the article and photo from last week game.

Palmer Ridge High School (Bears) demolished the Palmer (Terrors) High School in a lopsided victory, 45-0
“Michael Cooke scored twice on QB keepers that went up the middle, and Dustin Wilken also scored a TD on a nice cutback move that left the defenders grabbing nothing but air. Wilken's touchdown was set up by a 70-yard pass play to Tre Lewis; Lewis scored on the play, but there was an illegal block on the play that put the ball back at the 20-yard line. Smelling the goal line, it didn't take long for the Bears to get the ball in scoring position, and Wilken did the rest on his run from the 5 yard line.â€
Greg_Cornish

Re: Bragging on My Grandson playing Football

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Far out.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln