shimano clarus warranty

510lipripper

shimano clarus warranty

Post by 510lipripper »

Are the first model clarus covered by the over the counter warranty?
twister

Re: shimano clarus warranty

Post by twister »

yes
510lipripper

Post by 510lipripper »

thanks thats what i thought. Its better check first. :wink:
longshot

Post by longshot »

Very Very good over the counter deal BUT i have to say that Its the pole i have ever broke not putting any real pressure on it. I broke it just pullung the line down to the hook keeper then with a brand new one my dad did the exact same thing!!!
LS
:shock:
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

It was probably a bad run. With so many rods being produced, it's bound to happen.
I have a 7' Clarus med heavy that's four or five years old, and that I've used for chatterbaits, toads, big spinnerbaits, and buzzbaits steadily since I got it, and there's been no issues.
I just bought another. Great rod for the price.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

What is the over the counter warranty? Isn't it something like 50 bucks no questions asked? I have a broken Shimano rod I've only had for two weeks I need to get replaced or fixed. Only problem is it's not a defective rod, I just have a defective buddy who freaking stepped on it.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Tin Can wrote:What is the over the counter warranty? Isn't it something like 50 bucks no questions asked? I have a broken Shimano rod I've only had for two weeks I need to get replaced or fixed. Only problem is it's not a defective rod, I just have a defective buddy who freaking stepped on it.
The Shimano Clarus can be had online for $49 + shipping and in Tackle stores for $60 so I hope its not $50 - no questions asked ;-)

I've bought 4 from Tackle it in Lakeport two heavy/extra fast for jigs one medium heavy/fast for Senkos and a medium for an array of other things. I love em.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Toadsternator

Post by Toadsternator »

Tin Can wrote:What is the over the counter warranty? Isn't it something like 50 bucks no questions asked? I have a broken Shimano rod I've only had for two weeks I need to get replaced or fixed. Only problem is it's not a defective rod, I just have a defective buddy who freaking stepped on it.
Limited Lifetime Warranty covers defective issues, e.g., such as the rod breaking without warrant, etc.

For complete warranty information, refer to the website at www.shimano.com
Last edited by Toadsternator on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Toadsternator
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Greg_Cornish wrote:
The Shimano Clarus can be had online for $49 + shipping and in Tackle stores for $60 so I hope its not $50 - no questions asked ;-)

I've bought 4 from Tackle it in Lakeport two heavy/extra fast for jigs one medium heavy/fast for Senkos and a medium for an array of other things. I love em.
It's not a clarus, it's a compre, which is 100 bucks.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Tin Can wrote:
Greg_Cornish wrote:

Oh I was just going by the thread title which says,"Shimano Clarus warranty" Guess Ed could tell you about yours at 707-262-1233
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Greg_Cornish wrote:
Tin Can wrote:
Greg_Cornish wrote:The Shimano Clarus can be had online for $49 + shipping and in Tackle stores for $60 so I hope its not $50 - no questions asked ;-)

Oh I was just going by the thread title which says,"Shimano Clarus warranty"
Yeah, I know. I was just asking in general about the Shimano warranty.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

The rods that are covered by our lifetime warranty can be replaced by dealers that are willing to. The over the counter warranty is an option that we allow our dealers to use. Some do and some don't. Its best to contact them about it before driving down to find out they do not participate.

You can also send the rod back to us. You will be responsible for paying the shipping to us. We will take care of the return shipping.

Shimano
attn Rod Warranty
1 Holland
Irvine, CA 92618
twister

Post by twister »

Fisherman's Warehouse provides over the counter service for these rods. I think the cost is $15 for the shipping cost of the broken rod. That's better than paying $50 for replacing a Loomis. I had to replace one Clarus because I broke the tip in transit not in use. Never the less it was no questions ask. I think Clarus is the best deal around for the quality. They are a little heavier than the Crucials but they're fine for reaction techniques. I have three 7' med just for cranking. The fast action heavy action rods weigh a bit more, so I use the Crucials. I fished with my buddy's Cumara before and was very impressed by it's light weight. With an over the counter replacement option and awesome performance I do not know why more people don't use them.
twister

Post by twister »

Bantam1,

Why is this an option for store to offer "Over the Counter Replacement"? My Crucial label indicates this policy (click on image below and see last line). And I did not see any fine print contradicting it. Shouldn't I be able to replace my broken rod at any Shimano dealer via. over the counter? I'm sure this is one of reasons why we purchase Shimano rods over other brands!

[albumimg]399[/albumimg]
spanky99

Post by spanky99 »

Hook, Line and Sinker will replace it for 20 bucks, they've never asked me how it broke either. I've been told though by another shop that if it was just the tip they would just replace the tip, which to me changes the action of a rod. They also said it doesn't cover the eyes which I have had problems with the centers falling out on my Clarus rods.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

twister wrote:Bantam1,

Why is this an option for store to offer "Over the Counter Replacement"? My Crucial label indicates this policy (click on image below and see last line). And I did not see any fine print contradicting it. Shouldn't I be able to replace my broken rod at any Shimano dealer via. over the counter? I'm sure this is one of reasons why we purchase Shimano rods over other brands!
[albumimg]399[/albumimg]
This is the dealers option to participate. We cannot force them to participate when they sell the rods. My opinion is that it does not cost them money to do this. We even reimburse them for the shipping. They might lose a sale if the rod the customer wanted was not in stock due to replacing one under warranty. That is my only guess as to why they would not particpate, or they do no have a shipping department. We have some new ideas in place to prevent the dealers from having to ship the rods back. This should help change the participation in the OTC warranty.

Typically guides only fall out when the guide frame has been bent. The guides are Fuji which are the best in the industry. The dealer has the discression to deny the warranty. You could always contact us about this and we will look into it further.
twister

Post by twister »

Bantam1,

Thanks for the reply. Like I said above, I'm happy with Shimano rods not to mention bike parts, reels, and takle boxes. I guess I'm just reading the tag too literally. I guess I'm old fashion to think that I should be able to have the store where I bought the rod from replace the rod.

I'm glad there is a fisherman's warehouse in town. They go out of their way to satisfy the customer. I have no douht in my mind they will be around for a while. Plus they only charge $15 not $20. You would think the shipping cost should be identical since most people send UPS. Might I suggest, after the customer receives an over the counter replacement, that you provide the dealers with separate RMAs for each broken rod. They would then attach a tag to each rod and store it until they ship a collective batch at the end of each month. They should then get reimbursed after Shimano receives the damaged tagged rods.

One of my tips came off my Clarus before and Fisherman's Warehouse replaced it for $2 vs $15 to send it in.
510lipripper

Post by 510lipripper »

Went to coyote bait and tackel today and they said I had to send the older model clarus back to shimano. They said, that they wouldnt do it since it was an older model and it wasnt like I bought it a year ago. Sounded like BS to me and still bought somthing.
510lipripper

Post by 510lipripper »

Went to coyote bait and tackel today and they said I had to send the older model clarus back to shimano. They said, that they wouldnt do it since it was an older model and it wasnt like I bought it a year ago. Sounded like BS to me and still bought somthing.
rich mendoza

Post by rich mendoza »

bantam1 wrote:Bantam1,
We even reimburse them for the shipping.[/quote]

so whats up with the $15 charge for shipping? since they get their money back?
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

rich mendoza wrote:so whats up with the $15 charge for shipping? since they get their money back?
Most likely:

1) A little "fee" to offset having to remove an immediately saleable item from store stock.

2) A little "fee" for having to store, pack and ship the RMA items.
twister

Post by twister »

510lipripper wrote:Went to coyote bait and tackel today and they said I had to send the older model clarus back to shimano. They said, that they wouldnt do it since it was an older model and it wasnt like I bought it a year ago. Sounded like BS to me and still bought somthing.

I think there is a Fisherman's warehouse in San Jose.

San Jose, CA
1140 South De Anza Blvd. 95129
(408)873-0113
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Shimano Rod - Limited Lifetime Warranty

As used herein, “Shimanoâ€
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

rich mendoza wrote:
bantam1 wrote:Bantam1,

so whats up with the $15 charge for shipping? since they get their money back?
It probably for packaging which we do not reimburse them for. We only pay for the actual cost of the shipping charges.

We allow our customers to cut the rod in half to avoid oversize shipping charges. We take care of the return shipping.
twister

Post by twister »

Greg,

I read the same thing on their website--Bla Bla. Funny how it does not mention "over the counter".