Does anyone fish out of Grizzly Island for stripers?

Hitman

Does anyone fish out of Grizzly Island for stripers?

Post by Hitman »

I know that people go out of GI all the time...it's close to my house but I've never fished there for stripers. I don't ever seen any reports..just wondering what's going on out there right now.

Anyone?

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
SloppySeconds

Re: Does anyone fish out of Grizzly Island for stripers?

Post by SloppySeconds »

I launched in Montezuma last week to try fishing the outgoing. We got into a couple of 18" schoolies, but otherwise, it was slow. Very slow.

If you go, be prepared. The water is salty and very dirty! Visibility is almost zero, so that might affect whether you can get them to eat lures. The tide is no joke out there either - I think we had a 4' swing. I had to move around a lot before finding any fish. There were also more people than I expected out there - the parking lot was FULL - and it was Wednesday! Doesn't anyone work anymore?

If its close to your house, it might be worth exploring, but it could take some time before figuring out a good pattern. Otherwise, I'd stick to the Delta.

Good luck.
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

I went out yesterday to give it a try....the lot was full. Lot's of people out fishing but not a whole lot of catching going on. Found the Glass House area...plenty of boats fishing, only one small fish caught by a guy trolling a white crankbait. Tried a couple of different areas but just no fish willing. The current really pushes thru the channels...I was really surprised.

Thanks for the tips

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
Rydaddy

Post by Rydaddy »

I have seen bass boats come from way down there from pitt I fish honker thats clear water but never went farther up my boss hunts around there and says the water looks good little ponds in the island water rips out of there they gotta hang around there time on the water