Who am I?

For political discussions
getalife

Who am I?

Post by getalife »

I was raised in one country but my father was born in another. I was not his only child. He fathered several children with a number of women.

I became very close to my mother because my father showed little interest in me. Then my mother died at an early age from cancer. Later in life, questions arose over my real name. My birth records were sketchy and no one was able to produce a reliable birth certificate.

I grow up practicing one faith, but converted to Christianity because this was widely accepted in my country. But I practiced non-traditional beliefs and did
not follow mainstream Christianity.

I worked and lived among lower-class people as a young adult before I decided it was time to get serious about my life and I embarked on a new career.

I wrote a book about my struggles growing up. It was clear to those who read my memoirs that I had difficulties accepting that my father abandoned me as a child.

I became active in local politics when I was in my 30s and then burst onto the scene as a candidate for national office when I was in my 40s. I had a virtually non-existent resume, very little work history, and no experience in leading a single organization. Yet I was a powerful speaker who managed to draw incredibly large crowds during my public appearances.

At first, my political campaign focused on my country's foreign policy. I was critical of my country in the last war. But what launched my rise to national prominence were my views on the country's economy. I had a plan on how we could do better. I knew which group was responsible for getting us
into this mess.

Mine was a peoples campaign. I was the surprise candidate because I emerged from outside the traditional path of politics and was able to gain widespread popular support. I offered the people the hope that together we could change
our country and the world.

I spoke on behalf of the downtrodden including persecuted minorities such as Jews, but my actual views were not widely known until after I became my nations leader. However, anyone could have easily learned what I really believed if they had simply read my writings and examined those people I associated with.
But they did not.

Then I became the most powerful man in the world. And the world learned the truth.
CHANGE is not a destination, and HOPE is not a strategy!
Greg_Cornish

Re: Who am I?

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Thanks, I just love uplifting success stories like that.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
getalife

Post by getalife »

Thanks Greg for proving my point. The answer is, of course... Hitler.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

I had to find out. :lol:, Oh by the way are you trying to make a point that I proved?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
FishaHallic

Post by FishaHallic »

"CHANGE is not a destination, and HOPE is not a strategy! " And your candidate could offer neither one.
Florida transplant, miss my Bass fishing
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

getalife wrote:I spoke on behalf of the downtrodden including persecuted minorities such as Jews, but my actual views were not widely known until after I became my nations leader. However, anyone could have easily learned what I really believed if they had simply read my writings and examined those people I associated with.
But they did not.

Then I became the most powerful man in the world. And the world learned the truth.
All his life Adolf Hitler was seized by an obsession with the Jews and he had always been straightforward about his plans. His dream of a racially "pure" empire would tolerate no Jews and he announced at many occasions the "annihilation of the Jews" living in the territory under his control.

In Hitler's mind, murdering millions of Jews could only be accomplished under the confusion of war - from the beginning he was planning a war that would engulf Europe ..

Hitler's very first political statement, his letter to Adolf Gemlich on 16 September 1919, already includes a clear declaration of his anti-Semitic position: "Rational anti-Semitism on the other hand, must lead to a systematic legal opposition and elimination of the special privileges that Jews hold, in contrast to the other aliens living among us (alien's legislation). Its final objective must unswervingly be the removal of the Jews altogether."

In those early days he often spoke of how he would deal with the Jews. His favourite words were Ausrottung (extirpation), Vernichtung (annihilation), Entfernung (removal), Aufräumung (cleaning up). Thus according to a police report of a NSDAP meeting on 6 April 1920 he declared:

".. we have no intention of being emotional anti-Semites who want to create the atmosphere of a pogrom. Instead, our hearts are filled with an inexorable determination to attack the evil at its roots and to extirpate it root and branch. In order to reach our goal every means will be justified, even if we have to make a pact with the devil."

In another speech on 12 April 1922 he said, referring to the Jewish Question: "Here, too, there can be no compromise - there are only two possibilities: either victory of the Aryan or annihilation of the Aryan and the victory of the Jew."

Hitler wrote Mein Kampf in Landsberg prison in 1924 and the destruction of the Jews is advocated time and again:

"It is the inexorable Jew who struggles for his domination over the nations. No nation can remove this hand from its throat except by the sword ... Such a process is and remains a bloody one."

On 21 January 1939 Adolf Hitler told the Czech Foreign Minister Chvalkovsky: "We are going to destroy the Jews ... The day of reckoning has come."
getalife

Post by getalife »

"CHANGE is not a destination, and HOPE is not a strategy! " And your candidate could offer neither one.
You got that right! McCain and Palin just did not perform as they should. BTW, he was not my candidate... I wanted Tancredo, then Huckaby, then Romney, but had to settle with McCain.

We lost and I can deal with that. I only hope now that Obama will try to govern from the center. If he does that then he can probably be successful. If he tries to govern from the far left, which is how he voted as a senator, then nothing will get done and his legacy will be one of failure.

I am a patriot and I will always put America first. For that reason I have no choice but to support our new president until he gives me reason not to.
Dan McKenzie

Post by Dan McKenzie »

did you notice Obama coy reply the other day when asked about going forward with his tax plan "if it's the right thing to do at the time" instead of just saying yes I am. Well he wouldn't be the first President to flip on the issue, Clinton and Bush Sr. both did the opposite of what they said during their campaigns.
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

It sounds like we are getting prepped for the excuses already! :lol:
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

McCain lost and suddenly he's no-ones candidate. I know you al voted for Barack.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

I voted for McCain. Obama may be my Pres. But it doesnt mean I have to like it. just live with it for a while. :roll:
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

McCain = worst campagin in the last 100 years. I'm surprised he didn't travel by horse drawn carrage. :shock:
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
getalife

Post by getalife »

Of course I voted for McCain, he was the better choice between TWO lame candidates. We have to move on because there is nothing we can do about the outcome of the election.

What I find interesting is that, throughout the campaign, republicans admitted that their candidate had flaws and that he may not have been the wisest choice. Most democrats, on the other hand, spoke of Obama with reverence, like he was the second coming of Christ. You could not, and still wont, admit that he really is not qualified for the job.

I don't believe that fanatic, unquestioning reverence to any politician is good for this country.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

getalife wrote:....You could not, and still wont, admit that he really is not qualified for the job....
:oops: Correct, But after the last eight years all we wanted was someone intelligent. rimshot.
FishaHallic

Post by FishaHallic »

getalife wrote:Most democrats, on the other hand, spoke of Obama with reverence, like he was the second coming of Christ. You could not, and still wont, admit that he really is not qualified for the job.

I don't believe that fanatic, unquestioning reverence to any politician is good for this country.

That's funny because the republicans are the ones comparing him to christ not the dems, no wait they called him the Messiah, are they the same?

Why would I admit he is not qualified when he is way more qualified then the current idiot in office.
getalife

Post by getalife »

Fish,
I did not say you called him Christ, I said that was the way you spoke of him. All you libs are more wrapped up on the fact that we finally have a black man in the white house... barriers are broken... and all that crap. None of you know a thing about the man you just elected. Can he be worse than Bush... oh yes, he certainly can. Read my initial post. Thats how Hitler started out. I hope Im wrong but I have a bad feeling about Obama.

You sheep would have voted for Chris Rock just to see a black POTUS.
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

yawn....

Call me in 4 years
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
FishaHallic

Post by FishaHallic »

Yea right, it's been my lifelong dream to see a black man in office. How on earth would I benifit from voting just any black man or white man for that matter into the office of president?

The sooner you accept the fact that the republicans screwed this country up the last 8 yrs and now we have a democrat that is going to try and fix it you will be better off. Can he fix it, I hope so but we have dug a deep hole with your "fiscal conservative" in office and despite what the republicans say Obama is not the messiah, he is just a very smart man with a plan.

I am hoping he can turn it around, I am hoping he will stay close to the center and I am hoping he tries to resolve the split in this country that the republicans have created. Time will tell.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

getalife wrote:Of course I voted for McCain, he was the better choice between TWO lame candidates.
I voted Obama because of Palin. I was on the fence until then. That gave me a big shove into liberal city.
getalife

Post by getalife »

I liked Palin. I initially thought she was a tough reformer who would stand up to corruption. It turns out that she may not be as "informed" (I did not say "intelligent") as she should have been. I think she will educate herself on world politics and may be a serious force in the future of the republican party.

And Fish... I make no excuses for Bush. He was good in some areas and not-so-good in others. I think he, and his friends, have some blame in this economic crises, but so does Chris Cox and Barney Frank.
FishaHallic

Post by FishaHallic »

getalife wrote:IAnd Fish... I make no excuses for Bush. He was good in some areas and not-so-good in others. I think he, and his friends, have some blame in this economic crises, but so does Chris Cox and Barney Frank.
Ok, we agree
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

getalife wrote:I liked Palin. I initially thought she was a tough reformer who would stand up to corruption. It turns out that she may not be as "informed" (I did not say "intelligent") as she should have been. I think she will educate herself on world politics and may be a serious force in the future of the republican party.
You betcha, that one there's gunna be makin' it back to Washinton, oh ya. Oh for gosh sakes, now.
getalife

Post by getalife »

Wow Greg, you sound just like her!
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

getalife wrote:Wow Greg, you sound just like her!
I'm from Minnesota, silly, I grew up in it.

To soften a suggestion in Minnesota and Alaska, man to man, you don't say, "Use a screw driver to do that!" If you did you might provoke a fight.

You use the "If a guy" precedent. You say, "If a guy were to use a screwdriver to do that he might have an easier times of it."

You don't use "If a girl," though or you might get a screw driver through the nose.

Now the Women have the "Oh for," construction in a lot of their sentences. If she sees a kitten, she says, "Oh for cute!." If she steps on the kitten, she says, "Oh for clumsy." If her kid gets an F on a report card she says, "Oh for dumb!"