Everstarts no longer with FLW

Fast Eddie

Everstarts no longer with FLW

Post by Fast Eddie »

Just read on bassfan that the everstarts will no longer be called everstarts, cause Pure Fishing came up with the Bucks. This came as a shock to me, as the new series will be Known as the Stren Series? Guess I'm just not understanding business anymore. If I had a product that was known as JBL Dweezel, and someone gave me money to expand but I had to call the product smackit- once, I'd have to rebuild the confidence back into the consumer through more advertising ( ramble ramble ramble)I'm suspicious that FLW may (and I emphasize may ) be starting to look more like the new Bass. Any thoughts?
Taught Lines to All
Eddie
gt5bass

Re: Everstarts no longer with FLW

Post by gt5bass »

Nope, I don't think FLW is pulling a bass.

FLW had a multi-deal with EverStart Batteries and EverStart Batteries choose not to renew. Pure Fishing has just stepped up to fill the slot.

They will be the same events, ran by the same people...BTW, Chris Jones is one of the best TD's you will ever meet...with same great service and paybacks. They just have a new name, the Stren Series.

I agree, however, the name isn't very catchy and will take a little getting used to. But FLW does name their tours after the Premier Sponsors.

I'm All In!
[i][color=green]It is what it is[/color] :|[/i]
Gator

Dang Gary

Post by Gator »

One year and you have a collecter's item......don't pull that wrap
gt5bass

Re: Dang Gary

Post by gt5bass »

I was kinda thinking the same thing :roll:
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

Gary
you 're right about Chris.( the only t.d. that ever called me to personally thank me for fishing the circut), but are the weigh-ins still at Wal Mart, or are they now going to be at he lake? Anyway a big THANK-YOU to the folks at everstart,cause not only did they team up with a great organization, but they are one also.
lines
Eddie
P.S. When are you leaving for Alabama. I've been trying too find a house to rent for Gary Boyd, and me. Got any ideas or want in let me know, and I'll let you know how the search is going.
gt5bass

Post by gt5bass »

Eddie,

Wal-Mart is still the top Premier FLW Sponsor so the weigh-ins will still be at Wal-Mart. Though this does create a problem for us on the West as I have hear that Arizona has said NOPE, Ain't Gonna Happen Agin! Our LAWS prohibit it...even though the studies they did showed different mortality than their control group. I guess it time to boycott BASS and AZ...HAR!!! Come on CJ...take the bait...

EverStart Batteries, the name sake of the EverStart Series, has decided not to renew their event sponsorship not Wal-Mart. Yes, EverStart Batteries are sold exclusively at Wal-Mart, but they are not Wal-Mart.

As for Alabama, I am currently scheduled for a October 18th departure with arrival in Florence on the 21st or 22nd. I am staying at the Knights Inn. I couldn't find any good house deals like I did last year at Cumberland.

And next year we git ta fish two lakes up - Wheeler...that will be a Guntersvillefest event if they let us lock agin!
gt5bass

Post by gt5bass »

gt5bass wrote:As for Alabama, I am currently scheduled for a October 18th departure with arrival in Florence on the 21st or 22nd. I am staying at the Knights Inn. I couldn't find any good house deals like I did last year at Cumberland.
Looks like I may have to re-evaluate this with Rita starting to wreck havoc...she is turning towards Lousianna and they are predicting Gas prices to go up...up...up...

$5/gal and 2400 miles each way at 12 miles/gal...OUCH :evil: and hopefully they will have gas when you git there. Otherwise it will be a trolling motor only event. When I called and confirmed my reservations after Katrina, they said they were expecting some gas to be delivered to a couple of station in the next week...so they were definately affected. They still haven't fully recovered and they are already shutting down petroleum refinery/delivery systems in preparation for the arrival of Rita...NOT GOOD...NOT GOOD AT ALL FOLKS :?
Dewayne

Re: Name Change wont be a problem.

Post by Dewayne »

We all know where to find them and they still offer the great pproduct they have always offered. As Gary stated what made the EverStarts great was the way they treated the anglers and the way they ran tournaments.

It's still FLW running the Stren Series with almost no change other than going back to the top 20 cut on day 3. The Schedule is great and with the success of the past two years we should see full fields this season. Get your deposits in early once they announce the registration dates.

See you at Havasu!!
Dewayne
gt5bass

Re: Name Change wont be a problem.

Post by gt5bass »

Dewayne,

You sure about the Top 20...that would be great news. :!:

I haven't anything about the cut format for next year.
Ken C.

Here ya go...

Post by Ken C. »

The format for qualifying events is slightly different in 2006 as compared to 2005. Each qualifying event is still four days in length, but after the full field competes on the first days, the top 20 pros and top 20 co-anglers start from zero and advance to the one-day semifinal round. Following the semifinal round, the top 10 pros and top 10 co-anglers advance to the final day, and the two-day cumulative weight determines the winners
:wink:
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
gt5bass

Tanks...

Post by gt5bass »

U'da Man :!:

I read right thru it...ges I needs to git me eyes fixed :shock: