what would you do? LONG

CPD528

what would you do? LONG

Post by CPD528 »

So.....I spend a lot of money at a local tackle store, the store sometimes sponsors a promotion that involves a prize being awarded, based on a raffle, based upon your total purchases. IN other words, each time you spend "x" dollars, you get a raffle ticket. "X" days expires, there is a draw, and the winner receives the promotion.
I win the prize.......hard to believe, but excited anyway. The prize is a guide trip with a local "respected pro". After several attempts.....I am unable to claim the prize, due to the guide not returning phone calls, or his staff returning the call explaining that "it's fishing season and he is busy"......or "I lost your number and he will call you to schedule the trip soon"........its been several months now......The trip IS NOT going to happen, it's ok. I don't want to fish with the guy now.......seems unproffesional to me. Do I complain to the dealer? I didn't pay for the trip, I am not really out anything? But I won!!!! Did the dealer pay for this.....or is the guide on the prostaff? Will my harsh review affect his reputation? I have chose to forget about it.....dissmissing the guide as a bum, but keeping that opinion to myself.
Skeeterman

Re: what would you do? LONG

Post by Skeeterman »

CPD528,
I would tell the dealer about what happen im sure he would want to know. This doesn't make the dealer look good plus maybe the dealer did pay for the guide trip, know the guide ripped him off.
If the dealer is good and can't fix it he'll will make right for you.
Long Nguyen

Post by Long Nguyen »

Well, since you asked me specifically, here's what I'd do. :lol: :lol:

You're entitled to the prize, which is a guided trip with the pro. It's the tackle shop's responsibility to get you on the boat with the guide, not yours.

If, by the sounds of it, it's not successful, I'd stop shopping at that store since they're not living up to their own promotions. If you really like shopping there, then perhaps the owner can swap out the value of the guide trip in merchandise, or maybe give you 25% off of purchases for the next 12 months.

Well, just my thoughts since you asked me. :wink:
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

huMmmmmmmmmmmm....... Why do we shop with the Good 'ole Locals?

because we trust them. They are there for us like we are there for them.. I'd talk to someone you trust to see what's up.... If they all belittle you and tell you to get over it, I'd get over it at another tackle store.

My bussiness with any tackle store is based on principles and all the above.

Steven
Noluk

Post by Noluk »

Well... I think you got some sage advice above. I would probably go one step further. If you can't get a decent resolution to this... let the name of the guide and the tackle shop leak. I know I would not do business with em either.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Well, my opinion is that its the guide that is not living up to his obligation. I had a similar experience years ago and to this day have nothing good to say about the professionalism of the guide in question.

What is the name of the guide?
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Steve wrote:Well, my opinion is that its the guide that is not living up to his obligation. I had a similar experience years ago and to this day have nothing good to say about the professionalism of the guide in question.

What is the name of the guide?
Name the guide and watch how quickly shtufff changes
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Noluk wrote:Well... I think you got some sage advice above. I would probably go one step further. If you can't get a decent resolution to this... let the name of the guide and the tackle shop leak. I know I would not do business with em either.
agree with above. Put the name of both parties out, so others do not fall victim to simular business practice's. Bill K :(
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
Noluk

Post by Noluk »

I still believe he should talk to the tackle store before he drops names..... but I can certainly understand his frustration.
bass smacker

Post by bass smacker »

Talk to the store and drop the name of the guid. but not the name of the store its not there falt he's a lop... If he can't live up to this how is he going to live up to his other cliants i'd hate to drop a bill on this guy and have him start changen dates and not returning phone calls about refunds. Theres no exsuse for bad custemer service... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
CN

Post by CN »

Well your obviosly out of your Guide trip.I think you should go back to your Tackle shop that promised you this trip and ask them why this happened.

If anything they should be told about it that's what I would do.