Rods and reels stolen from garage

bassinrick

Rods and reels stolen from garage

Post by bassinrick »

I had 20 rods and reels stolen out of my garage sat. nite.13 baitcasting reels all daiwas 4 ss series, 3 new advantage brand, 3 hsd series, 4 x-series all 6:3-1 ratios. The rest were team daiwa ss 1300 spinning reels. 3 g-loomis rods, 1- 7 ft, 1-6-6 ft, 1-6 ft. 6 st croix rods 1 avid 7 ft custom rod, 1 7 ft elite green, 1 6-6 elite green, 1 6-6 elite ml, 1 brown elite 7 ft and 1 brown elite custom rod with twist wrap guides. And 1 7 ft custom baitcaster with twist wrap guides. 2 flippin sticks 1 daiwa and one custom. and one telescopic med. custom rod,one shimano6-6 med lt rod. 3 bass pro extreme spiining rods, 2 7 ft and one 6-6, 2 custom rods 1 6-6 and one 6 ft. one g- loomis 6-6 med one g-loomis 7 ft. med lt. Anyhow I need your help, if any one trys to sell you any of these rods or reels contact me with any info you may have thank you- Roscoe 556-9854
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him
John3:17
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: Rods and reels stolen from garage

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Sorry to hear of your loss..The same thing happened to me a few years back, so I know the feeling..Good luck on finding any of them..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
FishaHallic

Post by FishaHallic »

Yikes, that sucks, lowlifers will steal anything that is not locked down. Good luck on getting your stuff back
Florida transplant, miss my Bass fishing
D.B.COOPER

Post by D.B.COOPER »

Same thing happened to me also a few years back. Thank god the homeowners insurance took care of it. File a police report right away and get a receipt(at the tackle shop) for the cost of everything that was taken. D.B.COOPER 8)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Where do you live?
OG on WB since 1993
bassmonster

Post by bassmonster »

My rods and reels stay in my room and you have to get past me and my glock to get them!!!
Ed Clarke

Post by Ed Clarke »

If there is anything I can do to help please let me know. I have some G Loomis laying around the house.

Ed
Tackle It
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Roscoe, be real helpful if we had yer AREA CODE!
RMARX

Post by RMARX »

Ceres / Modesto area code 209

Let me know when you want to go to Pedro Roscoe!
Phil

Post by Phil »

HEY ROSCOE;
If it would help ya get back fishing. I am trying to clean out my jigs's tackle box , shed. I have a bunch listed on classified you can have them all for $ 10.00. some spinning, some casting with left hand retrieve reel; Come and get them lake Don Pedro.........

Jigs
ScottyJ

Post by ScottyJ »

Dang Jigs thats an awesome thing for you to do. I was just looking at the classifieds and was gonna bust yer balls a little cuz it looks like you may have cleaned out Roscoes garage :wink:

USED AND NEW FISHING RODS AND REELS BUNCH OF STUFF TO GET RID OF STILL 17 Dec 2008 MAKE OFFER JIGSRETIRED

Of course just playing. Best of luck Roscoe finding the POS responsible.

Scott
"Jig fish are big fish"
drrakruz

Post by drrakruz »

Roscoe,
Was your garage open or closed? Was it a break-in?

After hearing about my fishing partner's friend's garage catching fire earlier this year and losing $2,800 worth of tackle and gear, and my rod-builder's home getting broken into and having $2,600 worth of rod/reel combos stolen from his boat, which by the way night time break-in into his garage, I thought I'd better think of a way to deter both of these scenarios. Call me crazy, but I had a custom FIRE SAFE built to suit my needs. A garage fire is rare, but still possible. Theft, on the other hand, is growing rampant, especially in these times. The economy, unemployment, drug-addicts to name a few, are driving people to do more and more daring acts of desperation. To them, a custom-built fishing rod or expensive reel is "JUST A ROD AND REEL", and they will sell it for whatever they can get. As anglers, our rod/reel combos are sometimes an irreplaceable tools.

If a theft does occur, most homeowners have a $1,000 deductible. the insurance company would cover the rest. Wouldn't it make more sense to be PROACTIVE and get a fire safe before tapping into your savings account and having to go through all the trouble and time re-stocking your tackle accumulation for the past 10 or more years????

It is my hope to get anglers to start thinking ahead to prevent these thieves from getting your goods while you are sleeping.

Just a heads-up guys...You might want to start saving up for a fire safe and BOLT IT DOWN TO THE GARAGE FLOOR!!! This type of safe weighs about 700 pounds and is extremely top heavy. I got mine for around $1,300. If anyone wants more information about a custom fire safe, feel free to PM me. I am not a safe builder; I am simply promoting the idea. The safes are solid. Do some research and shopping. If you can find some one to build one for you, I strongly recommend doing so. Save yourself the hassle and frustration!!

Merry Christmas to all!!
Sponsors:
M & M Marine, Lincoln, CA
[img]http://www.evolutionmarine.net/images/mercury.logo.gif[/img]
PLAY HARD AND FLOOR IT!!
Rod Martin

Re: Rods and reels stolen from garage*NM*

Post by Rod Martin »

*NM*
Phil

Post by Phil »

ScottyJ wrote:Dang Jigs thats an awesome thing for you to do. I was just looking at the classifieds and was gonna bust yer balls a little cuz it looks like you may have cleaned out Roscoes garage :wink:

USED AND NEW FISHING RODS AND REELS BUNCH OF STUFF TO GET RID OF STILL 17 Dec 2008 MAKE OFFER JIGSRETIRED

Of course just playing. Best of luck Roscoe finding the POS responsible.

Scott
JUST TRIED TO GET HIM BCK ON THE WATER........BUT THANKS TO A LOCAL TD, HE BOUGHT THE WHOLE LOT FOR $ 150.00

THANK YOU ALL

PHIL
JIGS
barse41

Post by barse41 »

drrakruz wrote:Roscoe,
Was your garage open or closed? Was it a break-in?

After hearing about my fishing partner's friend's garage catching fire earlier this year and losing $2,800 worth of tackle and gear, and my rod-builder's home getting broken into and having $2,600 worth of rod/reel combos stolen from his boat, which by the way night time break-in into his garage, I thought I'd better think of a way to deter both of these scenarios. Call me crazy, but I had a custom FIRE SAFE built to suit my needs. A garage fire is rare, but still possible. Theft, on the other hand, is growing rampant, especially in these times. The economy, unemployment, drug-addicts to name a few, are driving people to do more and more daring acts of desperation. To them, a custom-built fishing rod or expensive reel is "JUST A ROD AND REEL", and they will sell it for whatever they can get. As anglers, our rod/reel combos are sometimes an irreplaceable tools.

If a theft does occur, most homeowners have a $1,000 deductible. the insurance company would cover the rest. Wouldn't it make more sense to be PROACTIVE and get a fire safe before tapping into your savings account and having to go through all the trouble and time re-stocking your tackle accumulation for the past 10 or more years????

It is my hope to get anglers to start thinking ahead to prevent these thieves from getting your goods while you are sleeping.

Just a heads-up guys...You might want to start saving up for a fire safe and BOLT IT DOWN TO THE GARAGE FLOOR!!! This type of safe weighs about 700 pounds and is extremely top heavy. I got mine for around $1,300. If anyone wants more information about a custom fire safe, feel free to PM me. I am not a safe builder; I am simply promoting the idea. The safes are solid. Do some research and shopping. If you can find some one to build one for you, I strongly recommend doing so. Save yourself the hassle and frustration!!

Merry Christmas to all!!
with money being tight, having to save up an extra 1300$ to gaurd the stuff youv already bought pisses me off. it shouldnt be a crime to shoot these sob's if you catch them.
theres a fine line between fishin and standin on a boat like an idiot
drrakruz

Post by drrakruz »

I agree, it sucks to have to police your own belongings. After reading about more people getting their property stolen on this site, it is obvious that money is tight for everyone and will remain tight in the months to come. People are working 2-3 jobs just to make ends meet, if they can get the job to begin with. Try to cut back on entertainment or any "extras" that you are used to having. Your lifestyle may have to be put on hold long enough to save that kind of money, but without a doubt, the end result will give you peace of mind. The people doing the stealing are in "survival mode", and will do whatever it takes to make it from one day to the next. If you don't already have one, you also might want to establish a neighborhood watch program. That is free.
Sponsors:
M & M Marine, Lincoln, CA
[img]http://www.evolutionmarine.net/images/mercury.logo.gif[/img]
PLAY HARD AND FLOOR IT!!