LOP or LWW

firebass911

LOP or LWW

Post by firebass911 »

With it being a buyers market and some foreclosures available I was looking into getting a vacation/retirement home a little early. Any insight as to whether Lake of the Pines or Lake Wildwood has the better fishery? Thanx
profisha1

Re: LOP or LWW

Post by profisha1 »

They both are great fisheries and I grew up on Lake Wildwood and have fished LOP. several times in the past few years. They both are great!!

Lake wildwood is primarily Florida strain largemouth, it has a larger population of big bass and is a larger lake then LOP.

LOP has primarily northern strain largemouth, they dont get as big but are viscous and normally very active year round.

I would also look into what size boats they allow. LOP is very restrictive and if you have a bass boat larger then 19 foot you can not get it on the lake.

I am not familiar with the regulations on LWW.

Hope this helps!!

RJ Bennett
firebass911

Post by firebass911 »

Thanx for your input RJ. I was leaning towards LWW from the beginning. Knowing that LOP has a 19' boat limit pretty much puts them out. LWW has a 20' limit and that's what I have.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

LOP Association was so bad, they were the sole reason I sold the house my grandparents built in 1964. I grew up at LOP, learned to bass fish there and eventually purchased the house from my parents and aunt, who my grandmother passed it on too. I owned the place for 6 years. That lil lake has been a monster bass fishery fer ever, by far, one of the few remaining ALL northern strain LMB lakes left in the state. The fishing there was awesome year round. Yet the home owners association was beyond tolerable and I couldn't sell that place fast enough to buy here on Sandmond Slough.

Which ever place you decide on, you better look over the CC&Rs real carefully!
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

Firebass, LWW is a great place to fish, but Cooch is dead on in his comments. It would be worth getting a smaller boat and leaving it at LOP, my .02. By the way, I have not forgotten our trip. I will get you out as soon as the fishing gets good. Right now Oroville is not fishing very good. If we get a couple of storms, it could get good fast. I will keep you posted.Jason
The only sport besides golf that you can only blame yourself !!!

Jason Bubier-Director
NorCal90 Fishing
WildWestBassTrail, CA
530-230-8868
530-589-2601
bassjihad

Post by bassjihad »

HI, If you want to know about lake of the pines you can go to mylop.org and get to their cc&r's.
The max length on a outboard boat is 18"6, and it has to be 4 stroke, or dfi. I had to sell my ranger because it was 3 inches too long, "have to "are strong words but if you ever got the chance to fish this lake you would do what you had to do get back on it. 9 Years ago they planted 500 florida strain bass and they have done well due to the shallows, and multitude of aquatic vegetation. there is milfoil, coontail, and some hybrid hydrilla that I haven't seen at other lakes.
Alot of guys that live at the lake make beds for the bass every spring by dumping literally tons of pea gravel threw out the lake.
The annoying part about living in lop is the cc&r's, and the security guards. My wife got speeding tickets for doing 26 in a 25... twice!
There is also "quiet time" on some days when you cant even take your boat out, you have to check the color of the flags lakeside.
Lake wildwood has about 1.5 miles more shoreline than LOP, but has steeper sides. The fishing is the same as lop.... great.
Wildwood had "cheaper" houses, and some areas look it, but their security guards aren't on a power trip. Lake wildwood is along way from conveniences I.E. walmart, mcdonalds, tackle stores, and LOP is 15 min. to auburn. Also wildwood doesnt allow motorcycles on their streets, so if you have one to have to trailer to the gate, unload it and ride it from there, if you can believe that, but I heard they were trying to change that. Hope this helps. If you get serious about buying, there is a guy named michael straight, he's a realtor that helped me with my house, and nobody knows that whole area better than him. Its VIP Realty if Im remembering right.
Later
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Fast 492 wrote:I will get you out as soon as the fishing gets good.
My brother, I can show ya stuff on that pond that will produce under the ugliest and toughest of fishing periods! You just tell me when, I'll git us a camera man, well make a video that would make Bill Dance proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

yep anything with CCR'S can be scary these days. I would suggest seeing a real estate attorney prior to accepting the CCR'S. I keep hearing condo homeowner association stories as well as having my own experience at not having an attorney (mine) explain what we were signing prior to the DIRTY DEED! :) I just hope KARMA is real as the company that almost destroyed my family went bankrupt but that is a whole other story!
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix