Berryessa special permit fee

BASSK9

Berryessa special permit fee

Post by BASSK9 »

US Anglers Choice tournament director collected $10 per boat for a special Berryessa permit fee on February 28, 2009. She actually paid $100 for a 35 boat permit.
That is less than $2 per boat for the permit. A tidy 500% profit on a government fee or tax. People over at AC would never rip you off but they deserve reasonable 500% profit.
BASSK9
Hanging out with Luke the Lab and Bass fishing. Astrophysics, Astrophotography, Sumarian Mythology, Astronomy, Searching for NEO's , DOGON and Sirius mystery, Gravitational research project.
Teresa

Re: Berryessa special permit fee

Post by Teresa »

I am not surprised that you believe the worst in me. It may not make much of a difference to you my following explanation but I would like to let everyone else know what the truth is. When you pay for a special permit you must estimate the number of boats you will have at each event. I did this by taking the numbers from last year. You pays your up front fees ahead of time based off of estimates not actual numbers. Your permit fees could be as high as $300.00 plus filing fees for tournaments. At the beginning of the year I decided to charge an additional fee inorder to recover the cost of these special permits. I had taken a loss of over $300.00 last year and felt that I could not continue to take that type of loss on just special permit fees this year. With that said I decided on $10.00 per boat. I have collected $130.00, $180.00, and $280.00, for the first 3 events. At the beginning of the season I let everyone know that I was not charging this fee to make a profit and that I would figure out a way to give back to the anglers. I decided that one way to give the money back was by providing food for them when they came in for wiegh in. I have spent over $300.00 in total for the last three events for food. Since last May we had been trying to get a Pro director for Berryessa with no luck. I was given the oppertunity to run a 4 tournament Pro circuit. The only way I was going to be able to do this was to put it on with my Semi-Pro circuit. This decision was made after I started the season and had already estimated my numbers for the special permits. If I had known I was doing the Pro circuit also I would have had to pay the $300.00 fee up front. Just because I did not pay it up front does not mean I will not have to pay it know. Either way the profit well go back to the anglers. Sorry if this is not what you would have done to recover costs. Just incase you don't want to assume you know how things really are next time you could just call me and I would be happy to give you the facts. Hey, since I lost so much money last year on the N. Cal tournaments could you try and get me some of my money back? I could give you a breakdown on my losses.

Mirrors are for self awareness. Trying looking into one and not at others.

Teresa
BASSK9

Post by BASSK9 »

Wow- You are in for a financial crisis as a AC tournament director? I am so sorry to hear that. Just look at your costs:
$48 DFG permit
$100 Berryessa permit
$50 milage costs
$100 for food
$298 total

Compensation
$18/pro boat 576
$10 Semi Pro boat? 220
$8/boat in special Berryessa fee 416
Late fee $10/boat?
Total $1212
Costs $ 298
Profit $ 914 for one really hard day of work. I feel your pain and I said on my post that you all deserve big profits. You may call me if you wish at 510 673 1389.

Don Davis
Hanging out with Luke the Lab and Bass fishing. Astrophysics, Astrophotography, Sumarian Mythology, Astronomy, Searching for NEO's , DOGON and Sirius mystery, Gravitational research project.
Justin Warmack

Post by Justin Warmack »

If you dont like it, FISH SOMETHING ELSE AND QUIT WHINING!!! Seems to be all Bassk9 does on this board is complain.
Tobey

Post by Tobey »

If it was that easy and lucrative I would think there would be a much longer line to become a tournament director.

Ron
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Post by blkdog812 »

you have a obvious dislike for a/c and teresa. if you have a problem with her or the organization then man up and call them. dont air your trash on here, no one wants to hear it.
a/c and teresa have always been open if you have a question about things.
if you do like the way they do things, dont fish them

what organization are you fishing, im sure one could find faults with them too.
Dwayne

Post by Dwayne »

Don, chill out dude. Special event permits are a pain in the arse and to arrange tournaments takes a hugh amount of time and effort as I myself am finding out. These fees have to be paid up front and all one can do is hope to get some of their money back. Take it easy, if you don't like it then fish for fun only don't stress yourself or other people out.

Dwayne
TWinger

Post by TWinger »

For those of us who have fished the berryessa events, we knew up front about this and paid the cost and eat the great food and drinks provided as you would have if you were there I am sure.

My partner and myself are both retired cops, so I give you credit for your concern in these matters and your looking into them to keep everyone involved informed and on the level. But again we all fished it knowing up front. Tereasa runs a great event, she has been placed in a position of running two events which has been overwhelming to say the least, but even so has still done her best, and it is clear that she has the best interest of the fisherman in mind when you speak to her in person or by phone.

After seeing what is involved up close, I would not do it for what little return she gets monitarily and with such dis-respect you and others have provided.

My suggestion to you is rather then continue to complain, jump in and show us how it is done. I will gladely fish your events. I am sure with the number of posts you have presented on these types of issues, that you are deeply concerned and would provide excellent service to the fisherman to show how it is done.

Again, jump in, call Tereasa and let her know you will take over one of the circuits for her.
Troy Winger
crawdaddy

Post by crawdaddy »

K9,

Are you honestly bitching about a tournament in which you did not fish? You lost no money, you were not there for the food she provided and you apparently don't know a thing about the difficulties of running a tournament. Just man up and give Teresa a call. You can even go by her house and discuss it in person, just call she will tell you where she lives. She has no problem doing business in person maybe you should try a little of it.

:roll:
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

BassK9, come on up here to Plumas Co and have a tournament on any of that counties lakes. USFS requires a special use permit on thier lakes also. You estimate the number of boats, amount of money and if that money amount goes over a certain limit, then the USFS also wants a portion of that too.
It is not something that the TD's do, it is something that is required that they do, by some of the powers to be. That fee is probably the same at Berryessa.
I would run and/or check out the requirements about a tourney on offered prior to maybe saying something about the TD before you possible do not have all the facts.
Just a thought. Bill K :)
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
Jeff Jewell

Post by Jeff Jewell »

Dude
Why all of a sudden all the bashing of Angler's Choice and Semi -Pro's and Teresa in particular?? You don't like it, don't fish it...
This is the first year I've fished with Teresa and her group of angler's. What I've found so far is a honest tournament director, that has called me, on my cell phone in response to a question I've had. A tournament director who has filled out my entry forms for me, so all I have to do is sign and pay. A tournament director who throws out product (swimbaits, lures, line etc) to us guys who finish out of the money, and one who can cook some tasty hotdogs and chili.....What I've also found is a great group of angler's who hang around for the awards ceremony and cheer each other on. After 4 events I feel that I'm on my way to making some new friends.
Does it have the best payback? I don't know, I haven't done the math, and I don't care. There is a good group of people there, and most of us are having alot of fun, and the wood is pretty nice, from what others have shown me... :D

Jeff Jewell
When in Doubt " Set the Hook"
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Post by blkdog812 »

they have an opening for a tournament director. you seem to be so up on their profit and loss, why dont you step up and run it.
then you can show teresa and a/c how to do it better with out any complaints. my guess is you'll just continue to bitch about it and continue to stir crap up.
Rich reeser

Post by Rich reeser »

and remember when you do step up and take on the roll of TD we all enjoy the hot meal that Teresa has put out for us all. and with the numbers you you think are possible my guess is you'll be fixing us all steaks....trimmings inculded :shock:
blkdog812

Post by blkdog812 »

i like that idea, a steak with all the trimmings, now that would be the first at a tourney included with ur entry fee.

come on k9 step up, i want a steak at the end of the day of fishing :lol: